Make xbmc release cursor
Hi, I'm using xbmc in quite a specific setup : it has one screen all to itself and is controlled by lircd, whilst another screen is used for normal PC operations with mouse and keyboard. What xbmc does is that at startup it grabs the cursor and locks it into its window. This is quite an unfortunate situation since that means the "PC" screen is unusable.

Previously I've been able to work around this by setting xbmc to "window" mode, the size of the window being equal to the size of the screen. I then used wmctrl to make it fullscreen, and still have my cursor free, where I want.

Now (running nightlies, seeing this for about a week) xbmc refuses to go to window mode when the size is equal to the size of the screen, and I'm stuck with the cursor in xbmc. I even have a piece of C code to move the cursor from one screen to the other (they are completely separate) which is overruled by xbmc.

My question is : should I continue experimenting with window mode and hope for a good alignment of planets when it'll decide to work, or is there and easy solution?

Thanks,

Serafean

PS : I did set <fullscreen>false</fullscreen> in advancedsettings.xml
Hi,

It works again! No idea what happened, but starting xbmc in window mode just started working again. I still have to disable the splash screen otherwise it crashes (window mode or no window mode). That crash I have no idea where it comes from, it might be related to me using the nouveau driver.
If anyone want to investigate, the crashlog is here : http://pastebin.com/SF5fhNyb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make xbmc release cursor0