GetGlue.com Add-On
Hey all,
I'm a total coding N00b but have been really trying to learn using awsome open software like XBMC and I think I'm finally ready to try my hand at making an add-on. I'm going to start with making an add-on for getglue.com so that we can update what we are watching on XBMC to our getglue accounts.

I am a total open book and like I said a total n00b at coding but I am really hoping for feedback and guidance from the community as I start the process. I'll post in this thread throughout the process and hope you guys see some value in the project at some point.

ALSO, I searched the forum and repositories and didn't find any add-on that already served this need, but at any time anyone is aware of one please tell me! I am as interested in learning as I am in providing something valuable to the overall project so there is no need to duplicate effort.

Note to anyone looking at doing this same project- Please let me know as I will be going slow as a beginner and wouldn't want to hold up anyone's progress on my account but would love to collaborate with someone who has a better skill base.

Thanks! more to come.
I got a Consumer Key and Secret Key from GetGlue and will now start to really move forward. I will be chronically all my progress on my blog http://spasticexistentialism.com/?tag=ge...bmc-add-on but will post milestones here.

Also, I am still VERY open to collaboration.
Just want to post to say i think it's great you are taking this on. I've got no relevant expertise so that's all i can offer but good luck with it anyway.
Thank you, thank you a bajillion times thank you.

I've no idea why nobody has done this before.

If you need testers I'd be more than happy to help.
I'd be happy to help with testing, Got three different machines running XBMC here at the homestead. And I have time to kill, too, since I am homebound.
+1 for beta testing, i've got 3 setups using mysql db and would not mind running some beta testing once you have some usable code to try... just PM me when your ready
Hi again... Big Grin

For what it's worth, I noticed some of my friends on Glue watch TV from a DirecTV DVR and their check-ins are all tagged by the machine and include a URL to that show on their Guide pages.

One thing to remember, Glue is sort of a social game. Users earn stickers and 'compete' with friends in addition to keeping tabs on what they watch. My biggest question is the way Glue does stickers, do you have to be watching that show at that time or does the DirecTV DVR make it all work? That sort of thing may not fly in a PC-based PVR that obtains its media in a less than conventional fashion.

For the functionality, Sharethe.TV and Trakt.TV are awesome. Problem is none of my other friends use them. They use Glue. And so do a lot more people.
UPDATE: Hey guys, i have been in the process of launching another company and haven't had much time to puts about with this project. Gunna hit it again this weekend and will post where I get...if I get anywhere. Beta testers welcome when the time comes!
Any further updates?
Was trying to work out the OAuth issues using Google's OAuth playground and kept getting failures. After about 6 hours of little tweaks and a bunch of head scratching the guys at GetGlue.com advised that I use a different OAuth playground as Google's only supports google products...Doh! So I'm going to try and hit that site this weekend. More to come.
ironlion27: If there is anything the rest of us can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask. This would be an awesome addition to XBMC.
I'm looking forward to see GetGlue on XBMC! Laugh
Subscribed to thread.
im hoping this is still alive and not in the great repo in the sky....any updates?
I need OAuth Help!!!! I have hit this issue and have totally not been able to move over it, under it, around it at all. The other apps I tried to mimic the OAuth interface from, most notably twitter plug-ins just simply don't work. Frustrated but not defeated!
More to come?? When?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GetGlue.com Add-On0