• 12(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
nahh - as long as the black bars are not encoded within the video itself - boblight just won't see the blackbars and so will run on the real videodata only...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:nahh - as long as the black bars are not encoded within the video itself - boblight just won't see the blackbars and so will run on the real videodata only...

Sorry, Youre right! I forgot You use boblight as a xbmc plugin. If it works that way its really cool!!! I know many people dont prefer nonlinear stretch like me Tongue
I believe if You use boblight "standalone" daemon, then what I said is true. (its true for lightpack anyway as it works with screenshots)
Adalight with Lightpack calculator (with boblight support) http://tvgloria.hu/
Memphiz Wrote:nahh - as long as the black bars are not encoded within the video itself - boblight just won't see the blackbars and so will run on the real videodata only...

That is excellent news, as some things i have are still 4:3 not to mention all the aspect ratio's movies can have. I'll have to look into this then (i have a couple of arduino's around to salvage).
Got this baby running now on a OpenELEC system and it's totally awesome, thanks to all who made this possible!

I only got some minor issue. In the plugin i can select Slow and Fast mode but also Custom and that is were it fails.

When i select Custom it only works for a second or 2 and then it stops. Haven't found a similar issue in this thread yet.

I'm running it on OpenELEC pre-eden beta 3 (deamon and plugin installed) connected to a Arduino Uno R3.
Just installed boblight xbmc plugin. Was using X11boblight before.

This takes far less cpu than X11boblight, awesome works Memphiz.

Some few selfish suggestions:

- I've found it hard to calibrate colors blindly. It would be great to have a calibration page in the plugin settings.
Something in 3 steps: Shows a green on screen, with some cursors to move to match this color on the led., then do the same with red and blue.

- For the fixed color stuff, is it possible to have it reacting in real time while moving the cursors ? (a color wheel like philips lamp for this would be well suited too )

- I'd love to have it reacting to music tempo creating some animation patterns with the led, not depending on visuals like I did before with x11vnc, because I hate those hypnotic animation on screen ^^.
hotlobster Wrote:Just installed boblight xbmc plugin. Was using X11boblight before.

This takes far less cpu than X11boblight, awesome works bob.

Some few selfish suggestions:

- I've found it hard to calibrate colors blindly. It would be great to have a calibration page in the plugin settings.
Something in 3 steps: Shows a green on screen, with some cursors to move to match this color on the led., then do the same with red and blue.

- For the fixed color stuff, is it possible to have it reacting in real time while moving the cursors ? (a color wheel like philips lamp for this would be well suited too )

- I'd love to have it reacting to music tempo creating some animation patterns with the led, not depending on visuals like I did before with x11vnc, because I hate those hypnotic animation on screen ^^.

1. All of this are nice ideas
2. All of this is not possible with the current ADDON API provided by XBMC
3. sorry for now Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
schumi2004 Wrote:Got this baby running now on a OpenELEC system and it's totally awesome, thanks to all who made this possible!

I only got some minor issue. In the plugin i can select Slow and Fast mode but also Custom and that is were it fails.

When i select Custom it only works for a second or 2 and then it stops. Haven't found a similar issue in this thread yet.

I'm running it on OpenELEC pre-eden beta 3 (deamon and plugin installed) connected to a Arduino Uno R3.

Post a xbmc.log with debugging turned on...
Thanks for the answer Memphiz.

For the moment, I'm actually trying to develop an iphone webapp for boblight, to manage fixed colors from my idevice.

And I've fixed your credit on my previous comment. Thought it was bob who made the addon. My mistake Smile
I wrote the capture code for XBMC, which is why the cpu usage is lower than with boblight-X11, so you were in fact correct Smile
hotlobster Wrote:Thanks for the answer Memphiz.

For the moment, I'm actually trying to develop an iphone webapp for boblight, to manage fixed colors from my idevice.

And I've fixed your credit on my previous comment. Thought it was bob who made the addon. My mistake Smile

you mean something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmxLMJRJ5g
Btw boblight finally made it into openwrt. There should be boblight-daemon (boblightd) and boblight-client (boblight-constant) - packages now in trunk.

see https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/30608

Grats bobo1on1 Big Grin
Memphiz Wrote:you mean something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmxLMJRJ5g

lol. exactly.

Some code available somewhere ?
hotlobster Wrote:lol. exactly.

Some code available somewhere ?

Its just the fhem automation server running on openwrt (its pure perl) and the free fhem ios app. Then some scripts and boblight-constant on the router. If you get fhem running on one of those boxes i can give you the scripts for doing it Wink (doesn't need to be a router - can be any linux mashine).
thx for this plugin, works miles better than the boblight-X11 Client for me.
One question:
Would it be possible to add an option to activate ambilight also in the menus?
the client seems to recognize the menu textures now already when a video is playing in the background. or is this only possible when a video stream is running?
thanks in advance
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
As already stated at least 2 times in this thread. This is not possible atm (only when video gets rendered ...)
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3