• 47(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
How can you know that bob light is working, without using it with xbmc?
(2013-02-14, 18:04)TeKo Wrote: How can you know that bob light is working, without using it with xbmc?

It's working with desktop and Media Player Classic. When I turn on XBMC, then LEDs are blank. Minimalizing XBMC and again everything works
(2013-02-14, 19:48)umbur Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 18:04)TeKo Wrote: How can you know that bob light is working, without using it with xbmc?

It's working with desktop and Media Player Classic. When I turn on XBMC, then LEDs are blank. Minimalizing XBMC and again everything works

How can you use boblight with Desktop and MPC?
I have a Ambilight Clone from
http://www.instructables.com/id/30-chann...ght-Clone/
and use Arduino drivers, boblightd.exe, boblight-getpixel, boblight.conf, cygwin1.dll as in instruction.
Is this the old boblight version? I dont know if the addon is still working with that version.

I only saw get-pixel with the really old 1.3 version for windows.
first post rules - boblight addon is not compatible with old boblightd 1.3
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Is there a way to send the data from boblight-addon to two seperate machines with boblightd running?

I would like to have, in addition to the background lighting behind the tv, a background light behind my couch with the average colour from the center of the screen.

Thank you

regnets
(2013-02-15, 00:25)Memphiz Wrote: first post rules - boblight addon is not compatible with old boblightd 1.3

How can I configure that? I tried to do this like in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151559 but still don't works. I would like to connect with XBMC but also I want have backlight in menu. Maybe even every color I want (if it can be done).
If you used the config creator it's for an adalight so you have to change the prefix and maybe rate according to your device.
(2013-02-15, 14:29)TeKo Wrote: If you used the config creator it's for an adalight so you have to change the prefix and maybe rate according to your device.

This is my first lines of boblight.conf

[global]
interface 127.0.0.1
port 19333
interpolation on
proportional 40
saturation 2
value 8
valuerange 0.0 1.0
use yes
method average
threshold 12

[device]
name Pin
type momo
output "com5"
rate 115200
channels 30
interval 20000
prefix FF

[color]
name red
rgb FF0000
gamma 1.0
adjust 1.0
blacklevel 0.0

[color]
name green
rgb 00FF00
gamma 1.0
adjust 1.0
blacklevel 0.0

[color]
name blue
rgb 0000FF
gamma 1.0
adjust 1.0
blacklevel 0.0

What must I change to worked it well?
If the posted file is correct this should work for the latest version from my thread you posted:

[global]
interface 127.0.0.1
port 19333

[device]
name Pin
type momo
output /dev/com5
channels 30
prefix FF
interval 20000
rate 115200
debug off
delayafteropen 1000000

[color]
name red
rgb FF0000
gamma 1.0
adjust 1.0
blacklevel 0.0

[color]
name green
rgb 00FF00
gamma 1.0
adjust 1.0
blacklevel 0.0

[color]
name blue
rgb 0000FF
gamma 1.0
adjust 1.0
blacklevel 0.0

Just paste your lights and it should work or tell me how many lights you have and where they are on the screen and I can send you the config for it.
Thx, XBMC has connected, but LEDs still don't work. I have that list of commands in the window:
http://www.tinypic.pl/dao49u92g5dz
Are you sure its com3?

Try to start the old boblight, close it and then try to start the new one.
Somehow the new one cant connect to the coms without something "opening" them first.
(2013-02-15, 22:29)TeKo Wrote: Are you sure its com3?

Try to start the old boblight, close it and then try to start the new one.
Somehow the new one cant connect to the coms without something "opening" them first.

Yes, it's com3. In configuration which I pasted earlier was a mistake. It's from my another PC. Do I need to run arduino every time? Start.bat looks like:

start "Arduino" /MIN C:\Arduino\arduino.exe -c
TIMEOUT /T 1
taskkill /im arduino.exe -f
TIMEOUT /T 1
start "boblightd" /MIN C:\boblightd\boblightd.exe -c c:\boblightd\boblight.conf -f

One more question. How can I turn on saturation option? I don't see this option in Your config, which makes colors more visible.
This bat is just to open the com (wasnt working for me with latest ardruino software)

I dont know if you can set saturation in the config but should be able to set it in addon settings.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3