• 30(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Hi,

I've a karatelight on a Asrock ION 330HT and I'm using XBMCbuntu.

When i reboot my htpc, sometimes karatelight is under /dev/ttyUSB0 and sometimes under /dev/ttyACM0.
So I have to edit /etc/boblight.conf (with the good interface) or reboot and cross finger :x

Can I fix /dev/ttyXXX where karatelight is detected ?
Is it possible to have 2 devices (1 on ACM, and the other on USB) in /etc/boblight.conf ?
You need to create a udev rule to force the device name:
something like: /etc/udev/rules.d/53-karate.rules

Code:
#Karate
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04d8", ATTRS{idProduct}=="000a", SYMLINK+="ttyKarate"
or
Code:
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", KERNEL=="tty*", ATTRS{serial}=="23af", SYMLINK+="ttyKarate"
This way your karate is always bind to /dev/ttyKarate
Hi all,

Can somebody (Memphiz) help me trouble shout a black bar issue. I have this movie, Serinity:
mkvinfo of the video track:
+ Video track
| + Pixel width: 1920
| + Pixel height: 816
| + Interlaced: 0
| + Display width: 1920
| + Display height: 816
Without the zoom, no single led is lights. With the zoom I have light.
Can someone hint me in the right direction?
hello,
also using the rasperry pi with boblightd. is there any chance to get that working on the rpi ?
thx and regards
@bobo1on1 - the Yblih issue would be a rendercapture problem then right?

@pi_vip it would run if you could compile the libboblight.so for rbpi and install it there. Then the addon should just work.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
One step further, I added boblight-X11 -p 200 to get the background lighting.
Again trying Serinity, no luck, but when I left the movie running and went back to the menu, boblight-X11 kicked in.
Trying it with a full screen movie and then back to the main menu (leaving the movie running) boblight is still running (no boblight-X11) activity.
Code:
if capture.getCaptureState() == xbmc.CAPTURE_STATE_DONE:
      ... stuff left out
    else:
      if not settings_isStaticBobActive(): #don't kill the lights in accident here
        if not bob_set_priority(255):
          return
Seems that capture.getCaptureState() == xbmc.CAPTURE_STATE_DONE equals false.
I am not that good ad python, but I am willing to add some logging and try again, please tell me where and what to put in default.py
Hi,

I am successfully using the boblight addon with my tv. It works great. (I have a win 7 32 bits system).

Strangely, when I switch the display from the tv to my projector (which is using a 15 meters hdmi cable), I get lost of signal on the projector from time to time.
If I disable Boblight in the plugin option, the lights are off but i still get the lost of signals (black screen for few seconds from time to time).

If I disable the plugin itself, The projector is working perfectly.

Is it a known issue? Any idea what could go wrong ? My tv and my projector are on the same output from the receiver. I just have a hdmi split to get the video on both.

Thanks,
(2012-08-08, 21:53)Yblih Wrote: One step further, I added boblight-X11 -p 200 to get the background lighting.
Again trying Serinity, no luck, but when I left the movie running and went back to the menu, boblight-X11 kicked in.
Trying it with a full screen movie and then back to the main menu (leaving the movie running) boblight is still running (no boblight-X11) activity.
Code:
if capture.getCaptureState() == xbmc.CAPTURE_STATE_DONE:
      ... stuff left out
    else:
      if not settings_isStaticBobActive(): #don't kill the lights in accident here
        if not bob_set_priority(255):
          return
Seems that capture.getCaptureState() == xbmc.CAPTURE_STATE_DONE equals false.
I am not that good ad python, but I am willing to add some logging and try again, please tell me where and what to put in default.py

Next time you should emphasize that you are using boblight-X11. Since boblight-X11 sees the whole screen its clear that the blackbars are influencing. My advice. Don't mix the boblight addon with boblight-X11! (i know what your intention was - getting the dynamic boblight working in the menu and let the addon override it during video playback. Just let it be...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
@Mempiz,with boblight-X11 was the second try. I yust tested it without boblight-X11 to be sure!!!! (boblight script enabled at default (128) priorty) and still the leds are off. The boblight-X11 (priorty 200) was my test to see if the xbmc boblight script was working. And it was, no leds during playbak, leds in the menu indicating that 1) boblightd is working 2) priority of boblight-X and bobllight xbmc script is working 3) boblight-X11 is NOT used for the movies ;-)

What is left is getting some debug/log pointers from you to get some data. So I am EPHEZIZING that boblight-X11 is not intefring with the xbmc boblight script :-)

Using XBMC 12.0-ALPHA Git: 20120806-1b51796; NVIDIA 304.32

Just started a full screen episode (1920x1080) of Grimm and the leds are working (but no LEDS with Serinity at 1920x816)
(2012-08-07, 18:29)ramouch0 Wrote: You need to create a udev rule to force the device name:
something like: /etc/udev/rules.d/53-karate.rules

Code:
#Karate
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04d8", ATTRS{idProduct}=="000a", SYMLINK+="ttyKarate"
or
Code:
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", KERNEL=="tty*", ATTRS{serial}=="23af", SYMLINK+="ttyKarate"
This way your karate is always bind to /dev/ttyKarate

Thank you ramouch0 !
That's exactly what i'm looking for.
I know now how to get info (udevadm info -a -n /dev/ttyACM0), and edit local rules. And it's works like a charm.
Thx again ! Smile
One step further: capture.getCaptureState() == xbmc.CAPTURE_STATE_DONE equals true, width and height are 32. The capture returns the screen WITH black bars :-(
Any pointers in the right direction?
cut me a 50mb testclip and upload it somewhere so i can give it a shot.
AAAAAAARG Switched back to Frodo_Alpha4 and we have black bar detection. Some where inbetween Frodo_Alpha4 and the current (HEAD) version the real XBMC code has changed (Linux).
aarg? Thats why nightlies are more broken then alphas. Get used to it.

@bobo1on1 i'm pretty sure its related to the video orientation stuff i've done in this merge window. Will dig into it once i'm back in town next week.

edit: from a quick look at the code its obvious where the problem is (rendercapture uses m_destRect instead of m_rotatedDestPoints for specifying the rendercapture rect - missed that one in the refactor). Though i'm not near a dev pc until monday for fixing this...
What I did, I wanted HD audio for a long time so I switched to the HEAD of XBMC. So I got HD audio working, but the ProjectM visualisation broke so I updated again to the head and ProjectM was working again. Then I got a break throught in my adalingt code for LPD6803 ledstring and added that to my XMBC... no problem I thought, but looking at the Serenity movie the LEDs switcht off. I realised I had an old verion of xbmc on my laptop (not being my mediacentre) and attached the leds arduino and everything and started the movie and the LEDS were working. Looking at git tag I saw Frodo_Alpha2,

So I moved to tag Frodo_Alpa4 to see if that one would give me working leds and they are working.

Conclusion:

Nothing wrong with the script.xbmc.boblight

Something wrong in the:
Code:
capture = xbmc.RenderCapture()
capture.capture(capture_width, capture_height, xbmc.CAPTURE_FLAG_CONTINUOUS)
But that is not an isue that should be solved here. That is somewhere deeper and probably deeped than the python interface and in the rendering stuff of the xbmc code. Between the Frodo_Alpha4 tag and 6 th august clone of the main git repositroy. I have too little knowledge of the xbmc code find where I should be looking. Just stating here in what time frame it became an issue.

@Memphiz, I am used to it ;-)
What I also noticed is that the Alpha4 version is much faster with browsing through the movie list than the head revision. Probably to do with a lot of changes in that part of the code ;-)
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3