• 31(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
(2012-07-17, 23:22)Memphiz Wrote: Does increasing the threshold fix it?

Hey, Memphiz FYI:
After a bit of further investigation I have found out, that the 2nd LED was »broken«.
The defect LED was replaced with a new one, but the flashing was still there.

As it seem the solution is to turn off »allowsync« in the boblight.conf.
So far everything works as expected with an interval of 20000.

Regards
ach1m
boblight "blackbar detection" is fixed in the next nightly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
can you post a link to the nightly builds?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2012-08-14, 23:03)Lunatixz Wrote: can you post a link to the nightly builds?

really? not evan an attempt to find it? http://xbmc.org/download/
im a long time lurker and have a few questions regarding getting boblight to compile. I've been using win7 x64 for awhile and up until recently was using processing occasionally for my adalight that i built. So i know that it works but, after spending the last 2 days failing to get boblight to work inside windows i made the switch to xbmcbuntu of which i have no linux experience so yeah thats probably part of my problem.

I dont have my log file readily available and if this problem is something that isnt simple i can upload it tomorrow.

To start i followed these directions trying to make the boblight file http://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/Compiling and i ran into alot of issues in the ./configure step.

first of which was an error that stated missing header. From my reading i read that regarded libusb. So i tried to apt-get install libusb-dev but, it still doesnt fix the issue. So i tried to ./configure --without-libusb

once i do that i get an error regarding ffmpeg and ola. I tried passing on them both which allowed me to complete the ./configure step but then i tried to make the file and i get an error that it cannot finish. I tried sudo make, make, make && sudo make install nothing is working.

My pc is running amd processor and nvidia graphics card. For my adalight i am using these
http://adafruit.com/products/322
http://adafruit.com/products/50
though i think mine is revision 1 because i built this setup a year or so ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated i've tried using the search feature but, my lack of experience with linux and the information being so spread out i wasnt able to come up with a solution.
There are compile instructions in the first post of this thread. These should work...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
i used the instructions on the first page and still came up with the same error. Here is a picture of the output when i try and make the file. Image

i noticed i used an elevated make first aswell but, the result is still the same regardless.
nevermind i think its a g++ error i will try and install g++ and see if that fixes the problem
http://code.google.com/p/boblight/issues/detail?id=37
edit:
That allowed me to get further in the build but i got an error lilboblight_la-boblight.lo no such file or directory.

edit:
I deleted the folder and started from scratch and was able to compile this time. thanks!
Hi there,

i have a strange problem, after updating boblightd and hopefully someone can give me a hint what could be wrong:

Had a version from March running (not sure which rev it was). Today i checked out the source, compiled like in post #1.
After reboot the lights starting sequence of boblightd apears (the red, green ,blue).
But if i play a video the lights stay out.

According to the log:
Quote:12:14:30.852317 (PrintFlags) starting boblightd
12:14:30.852358 (CConfig::LoadConfigFromFile) opening /etc/boblight.conf
12:14:30.853559 (CConfig::CheckConfig) checking config lines
12:14:30.855803 (CConfig::CheckConfig) config lines valid
12:14:30.855842 (CConfig::BuildConfig) building config
12:14:30.859269 (CConfig::BuildConfig) built config successfully
12:14:30.859323 (main) starting devices
12:14:30.859399 (CClientsHandler:Tonguerocess) opening listening socket on 127.0.0.1:19333
12:14:30.859516 (CDevice:Tonguerocess) ambilight: starting with output "/dev/ttyACM0"
12:14:30.859544 (CDevice:Tonguerocess) ambilight: setting up
12:14:30.874464 (CDevice:Tonguerocess) ambilight: setup succeeded
12:14:31.125924 (CClientsHandler:Tonguerocess) 127.0.0.1:36725 connected
12:14:31.126029 (CClientsHandler:TonguearseMessage) 127.0.0.1:36725 said hello

So the plugin connects, but nothing happening. No matter if i change the settings from fast to slow, etc.
Using ambilight and did not change the .conf after updating.

Running ubuntu 11.10 and xbmc 12-alpha5.

Any help aprreciated, since i have no clue what could be wrong.

EDIT: Guess it is the blackbar thing Yblih mentioned with alpha5. Seems i did not realise this issue since the update to alpha5.
Right now the movies with no blackbars seem to work. Sorry for bugging.

THX
Chaos
I'am trying to get boblight working.

I sudo apt-get all the neded files as stated on the first page.
used the svn checkout to contact the source
cd'ed tot that folder and run the ./configure
But no matter if i only use ./configure or with all the surefixes like the --without- whatever... I always get an error stating "missing a required header, please install it" But it doesn't say what header.

Ignoring it won't help, because i tried the make && sudo make install and got a "No targets specified or no make file found"

edit:
tried the steps from sacredgaming, those worked.

What to do next?

And how do i install the required boblight td deamon?
Got a quick question.
From start post i have found a keymap entry to open settings during playback.
I was wondering if there is also a way to toggle boblight on or off with a keymap item?
(2012-08-24, 10:51)schumi2004 Wrote: Got a quick question.
From start post i have found a keymap entry to open settings during playback.
I was wondering if there is also a way to toggle boblight on or off with a keymap item?

nope, there isnt
I have read this thread twice and came to the conclusion: boblight + windows7 XBMC is just not possible at this time?
(2012-08-27, 18:04)rogier21 Wrote: I have read this thread twice and came to the conclusion: boblight + windows7 XBMC is just not possible at this time?

it does work. installed boblightd 4 windows and configured addon. no problems
win7x64, eden pvr / frodo 12.1, mysql, aeon mq4, boblight
(2012-08-27, 18:04)rogier21 Wrote: I have read this thread twice and came to the conclusion: boblight + windows7 XBMC is just not possible at this time?

I can't confirm that. Boblight works on Windows 7 with XBMC. I can even connect my VU+ satellite receiver to the boblight daemon.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3