• 33(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
(2012-10-19, 00:30)Lets Rock. Wrote: Hi,

ich hab leider nicht die Zeit mir alle 38 Seiten deines Threads von dem Boblight-release-threads durchzulesen, daher wollte ich dich etwas persönlich fragen.
Da ich mich mit dem programmieren nicht auskenne, kannst du mir das vllt. beantworten.

[undefined=undefined]Gibt es die Möglichkeit dein Boblight4Xbmc-Addon so zu modifizieren das es als diekter Windows(7)-Grabber funktionieren könnte? So ähnlich wie AtmoWin?[/undefined]

Ich nutze zwar im Moment Atmowin, hatte aber mal kurz die Möglichkeit auf Boblight umzusteigen und war begeistert. Boblight ist AtmoWin in allen Belangen überlegen.

Die einzelnen Einstellungsmöglichkeiten und auch die Farbtreuheit sind bei Boblight auf einem viel höheren Niveau.

Aber leider finde ich nirgens im Web einen direkten Grabber für Windows. Vllt. kannst du mich da aufklären, ob sowas geht.

mfg, Lets Rock.

English ONLY please
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Lets Rock.
You do know English is preferred language here?
(2012-10-19, 00:30)Lets Rock. Wrote: Hi,

ich hab leider nicht die Zeit mir alle 38 Seiten deines Threads von dem Boblight-release-threads durchzulesen, daher wollte ich dich etwas persönlich fragen.
Da ich mich mit dem programmieren nicht auskenne, kannst du mir das vllt. beantworten.

[undefined=undefined]Gibt es die Möglichkeit dein Boblight4Xbmc-Addon so zu modifizieren das es als diekter Windows(7)-Grabber funktionieren könnte? So ähnlich wie AtmoWin?[/undefined]

Ich nutze zwar im Moment Atmowin, hatte aber mal kurz die Möglichkeit auf Boblight umzusteigen und war begeistert. Boblight ist AtmoWin in allen Belangen überlegen.

Die einzelnen Einstellungsmöglichkeiten und auch die Farbtreuheit sind bei Boblight auf einem viel höheren Niveau.

Aber leider finde ich nirgens im Web einen direkten Grabber für Windows. Vllt. kannst du mich da aufklären, ob sowas geht.

mfg, Lets Rock.

No thats not possible. The XBMC addon grabs the video image from our renderer so its dedicated to XBMC.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
^^ what he said Big Grin
Thank you for the speedy reply. I fixed my last problem (g++ not installed), but now that it is "working" I have more problems.

When running boblightd, the lights usually work great for several seconds, but then they fade to black and turn off altogether. During the few seconds that they are working, the lights have the correct colors and brightness/flickering is not an issue.

Other times when using boblightd, the lights will stay on indefinitely, but not correctly. The colors will "jump" to the wrong colors and will stay those colors regardless of what is shown on the screen. Every now and then the lights will flash bright white then go back to their original color.

Just let me know what kind of info you need to help. Thanks
I love this plugin!
Thank you for creating it.

I've recently upgraded my Windows XP based HTPC to a Windows 7 based HTPC. After the upgrade I found out that the LED Controllers which I was using (as of 2006) no longer worked correctly on my Win7 machine.

When googling for a solution I found this BobLight Plugin for XBMC. The only problem I had with it is that my controllers (ARFX LED controllers from SmartBytes) were not supported by the BobLight Deamon. To overcome this problem I wrote my own BobLight server.

In case someone else has the same controller and would like to use it in combination with XBMC.. you can download it here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rapware/BobLight/BobLight.zip

Some screenshots here:
http://rapware.home.xs4all.nl/BobLight/Screenshot1.jpg
http://rapware.home.xs4all.nl/BobLight/Screenshot2.jpg
http://rapware.home.xs4all.nl/BobLight/Screenshot3.jpg
http://rapware.home.xs4all.nl/BobLight/Screenshot4.jpg

Memphiz pls clear your pm folder. I wanna sent u a msg.

Smile

I don't wanna get messages... Whatever you might wanna say - say it in a thread where it fits to.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Allright.

I've bought all the things i need to run this ambilight clone. I've got an Arduino Uno r3, some working LED strands etc. But i totally messed up with all that guides, is a guide out there which tell me step by step - what i should first type into the terminal of my XBMCbuntu EDEN?

Iam really confused about all that different threads and guides about boblight/adalight - some are for ATV or Ubuntu 8.xx or Windows. But i think not once fits my system.

And have you finished the hardware setup (wiring/soldering whatever)?
Yes. I just dont know where to start with that programming part. I've setup also the Arduino software from here http://learn.adafruit.com/adalight-diy-a...e-software. But now iam confused how to get this all done on my XBMCbuntu with boblight.
hi guys,i tried to update to latest nightly and when i try to download the libs after starting boblight for the first time,the download window stucks and doesnt do anything.Even that when i restart xbmc the lights flashes ok and ''boblight connected'' popup ok.In reality when video playback boblight isnt working at all.I think something is wrong with the libs ,they didnt download or installed right....can i do it manually?Am i the only one with that problem?If there is no solution how can i fully uninstall and go back to a clean eden?

edit:i use win7.
Some time back i asked if it was possible to make a shortcut (keymap) on your remote to shutdown Boblight and the answer was no it's not possible. But was thinking if it can be done using a python script then?
(2012-10-25, 03:34)wolfgr Wrote: hi guys,i tried to update to latest nightly and when i try to download the libs after starting boblight for the first time,the download window stucks and doesnt do anything.Even that when i restart xbmc the lights flashes ok and ''boblight connected'' popup ok.In reality when video playback boblight isnt working at all.I think something is wrong with the libs ,they didnt download or installed right....can i do it manually?Am i the only one with that problem?If there is no solution how can i fully uninstall and go back to a clean eden?

edit:i use win7.

If the lights are flashing on startup - everything is fine with the lib.
Hi,

would be nice if someone can help me by setting up boblight on XBMCbuntu. Step by step guided, ive read some guides but iam confused where to start. So thanks for the help Smile
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3