• 40(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Question 
Hi there,

using boblight for quite a long time now, but right now the lights stay of while playing a video and i cannot find the problem.
Any Help/Hint appreciated.

Boblight starts while starting the system (flashing Red, Green, Blue appears)

Configuration is an Adalight with 50 LEDs and according to the xbmc debug log the boblight addon starts, but all lights stay out.

THX
Chaos
Does the xbmc plugin connect to the boblight server?
Hi
(2012-12-01, 22:11)meisterfuu Wrote: Does the xbmc plugin connect to the boblight server?

no that seems to be the big problem.
Started the boblightd in foreground and nothing connected.
A started boblight-X11 in a second terminal connected.

Also tried the network setting in the plugin to use 127.0.0.1, also did not work.

THX
Chaos
Question 
Hi

If i set the boblight plugin to use a static bg color, the color ist displayed the whole time. Also while playing videos.

So for some reason it seems the plugin cannot "scan" what is running.

Any Help/Comments?

THX
Chaos
(2012-11-30, 01:42)teeedubb Wrote: Yeah Im looking at using a WS2801 led strip. Ive ordererd a Teensy 2 board which should be able to handle 150 leds, but I doubt Ill need that many, Ive just rounded everything up. If its too many channels for the teensy I can cut the strip and space out the led so theres less channels. I wonder if its possible to group led's into single channels? Say like 2 leds per channel..

I am using a ws2801 150 led strip (well 140 i burn 5 ICs, i think is a 2801 per 2 leds) with no problem at all with the adalight code, what i want is be able to using it with the add-on, right now am using processing and is no the best thing to do...but so far so good i want to be able to have more control over the colors percent and things like that and I think the addon can give me that. Am using Arduino Uno R3, 5V 2A ps, 150 led strip.

I read somewhere someone compile boblightd server in a Mac, did someone have the compile version or at least the steps, i need that and a .pde compatible with boblight.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Hi
(2012-12-03, 21:51)reaven Wrote: I read somewhere someone compile boblightd server in a Mac, did someone have the compile version or at least the steps, i need that and a .pde compatible with boblight.

i used adas tutorial for my 50 LEDs WS2801.
Did you try their github pde?

About the Mac thing, no clue.

THX
Chaos
Hi there
(2012-12-01, 17:53)Chaos_666 Wrote: Hi there,

using boblight for quite a long time now, but right now the lights stay of while playing a video and i cannot find the problem.
Any Help/Hint appreciated.

Boblight starts while starting the system (flashing Red, Green, Blue appears)

Configuration is an Adalight with 50 LEDs and according to the xbmc debug log the boblight addon starts, but all lights stay out.

THX
Chaos

(2012-12-01, 23:10)Chaos_666 Wrote: Hi
(2012-12-01, 22:11)meisterfuu Wrote: Does the xbmc plugin connect to the boblight server?

no that seems to be the big problem.
Started the boblightd in foreground and nothing connected.
A started boblight-X11 in a second terminal connected.

Also tried the network setting in the plugin to use 127.0.0.1, also did not work.

THX
Chaos

(2012-12-03, 14:46)Chaos_666 Wrote: Hi

If i set the boblight plugin to use a static bg color, the color ist displayed the whole time. Also while playing videos.

So for some reason it seems the plugin cannot "scan" what is running.

Any Help/Comments?

THX
Chaos

after two days of digging into this, the problem was related to the addon script.watchlist.service
Deleted that and boblight works as usual.

Tough one. Maybe someone wants to dig further...

THX
Chaos
(2012-11-30, 20:27)illiac4 Wrote:
(2012-11-30, 01:42)teeedubb Wrote: Yeah Im looking at using a WS2801 led strip. Ive ordererd a Teensy 2 board which should be able to handle 150 leds, but I doubt Ill need that many, Ive just rounded everything up. If its too many channels for the teensy I can cut the strip and space out the led so theres less channels. I wonder if its possible to group led's into single channels? Say like 2 leds per channel..

you can configure the two leds to sample the same position, so they will have the same colour. But i do not see the point of doing this.

I was thinking incase the controller couldnt handle enough channels I could group leds to reduce the number of channels, but on second though I dont think its right, as each led equals 1xRGB (3 channels).

(2012-12-03, 21:51)reaven Wrote:

I am using a ws2801 150 led strip (well 140 i burn 5 ICs, i think is a 2801 per 2 leds) with no problem at all with the adalight code, what i want is be able to using it with the add-on, right now am using processing and is no the best thing to do...but so far so good i want to be able to have more control over the colors percent and things like that and I think the addon can give me that. Am using Arduino Uno R3, 5V 2A ps, 150 led strip.

I read somewhere someone compile boblightd server in a Mac, did someone have the compile version or at least the steps, i need that and a .pde compatible with boblight.

Great, good to know that adalight works with boblight and 150 leds. Just, curious how did the leds burn out?

Got my led strip today, hopefully Ill get my teensy v2 soon so we I can get the ball rolling
I need some advice from the pro's here.

I have a 50 inch TV. I want something good, not too overwhelming.
It doesn't matter how or what products, as long as it is not too expensive (over 150€) and it needs to be very compatible with this xbmc addon.

Which is better: the small LED bulb strips or the flat strips? (I think the flat strips are easier to install?)
So what do you recommend?

Update
After digging around I found http://www.karatelight.de
I'm interested in the Karatelight 16, so 4 led strips on each side of the TV
How compatible is this Karatelight with this addon? Plugandplay vs pain in the ass?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
(2012-12-05, 05:26)teeedubb Wrote: Great, good to know that adalight works with boblight and 150 leds. Just, curious how did the leds burn out?

Got my led strip today, hopefully Ill get my teensy v2 soon so we I can get the ball rolling

well I have my led strip just on top of my tv not secure or anything cause i was just testing, just few days ago i was preparing to mount it on my tv more "professionally" and i notice that my 150 led strip is in fact 160 so when i first programmed i code for 150 thats why i had 10 leds off !!!! my bad hahaha and my gain !!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2012-12-19, 11:18)tripkip Wrote: I need some advice from the pro's here.

I have a 50 inch TV. I want something good, not too overwhelming.
It doesn't matter how or what products, as long as it is not too expensive (over 150€) and it needs to be very compatible with this xbmc addon.

Which is better: the small LED bulb strips or the flat strips? (I think the flat strips are easier to install?)
So what do you recommend?

Update
After digging around I found http://www.karatelight.de
I'm interested in the Karatelight 16, so 4 led strips on each side of the TV
How compatible is this Karatelight with this addon? Plugandplay vs pain in the ass?
I would go with adalight. I have builD many of them. I have used the one on strand and also on stripe (32leds per meter). I can not say which are better. Cheaper are on strand and already defused but are bigger than the one on stripe.

Hello,

really interesting topic. I have a 47" TV and considering to buy a rgb led stripe 60led/m https://www.adafruit.com/products/1138 and a Arduino Mega 2560 R3

I need 3m of led strip. Is the Arduino Mega capable to manage 180leds? Do I need anything else?

Thanks
Hello
I buy the same components, but ...

(2012-11-25, 04:19)Specterx Wrote: Here is the hardware I used to make my boblight setup for XBMC:

all ordered from DX.com for $58.

12MM RGB Bare Point Source Red/Green/Blue 50-LED String light

Arduino Compatible UNO Rev3 Development Board

5V 3A Wall Power Adapter for Scanner / Router + More (US Plug / 5.5 x 2.1mm)

Male + Female DC Power Converter Connector Adapters w/ Terminal Blocks For CCTV Camera (Pair)

The LEDs are LPD6803. cheap and works great.

In 12MM RGB Bare Point Source Red / Green / Blue 50-LED String light was not there "LPD6803" and does not "WS2801"!

Now there is a chip "TLS3008" and LEDs are connected to three wires.
I do not found project, that works with this type! Sad
Maybe I looking wrong!
Please, anyone advise me? Is there any solution for that LED chain with chips TLS3008??

Thank you and sorry for my English.
(2012-12-23, 00:23)eSumo Wrote: Hello

(2012-11-25, 04:19)Specterx Wrote: Here is the hardware I used to make my boblight setup for XBMC:

Male + Female DC Power Converter Connector Adapters w/ Terminal Blocks For CCTV Camera (Pair)

In 12MM RGB Bare Point Source Red / Green / Blue 50-LED String light was not there "LPD6803" and does not "WS2801"!

Maybe I looking wrong!
Please, anyone advise me? Is there any solution for that LED chain with chips TLS3008??

You can investigate this: TLS3008 Library for Arduino
Image Image
(2012-12-23, 02:03)redglory Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 00:23)eSumo Wrote: Hello

Maybe I looking wrong!

You can investigate this: TLS3008 Library for Arduino
Yes. This I found. But this is just a library, and an example... But I am a beginer with Arduino and I can not edit the code for him... Sad
I thought someone too buy this LED string and modified the code...ConfusedHuh
I'll have to try it. Wink
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3