• 41(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Hello and thanks for this great add-on Big Grin

For the last weeks I noticed a small issue. After stopping playback, the lights still stay on (in the last used colors).
My hardware is http://livelightproject.com and I didn't touch firmware, boblightd or configs for the last months.
I just upgraded the xbmc nightlies. Unfortunately I don't exactly know when the problem started.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Thanks!
Christian
Quote:For the last weeks I noticed a small issue. After stopping playback, the lights still stay on (in the last used colors).
My hardware is http://livelightproject.com and I didn't touch firmware, boblightd or configs for the last months.
I just upgraded the xbmc nightlies. Unfortunately I don't exactly know when the problem started.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Thanks!
Christian

I think It started somewhere after the alpha 7 release of Frodo, There's also stability problems in the RC 1 / RC2 - sometimes boblight won't work at all when watching video, static lights are fine.

I hope there will be solution for this when Frodo become official.

Thanks
Since this is an addon we can fix it even after frodo release (which has 100% focus atm).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry for revoking an old subject, but many pages ago there was a user that wanted to have boblight-x11 running on start up and then the addon would kick in for the movies.

For me that is the best of both worlds. I can get lights in menus/screensavers etc but when a movie starts I don't get false lights because of subtitles and menus.

You told the user to forget about it, but it seems to be working pretty good for me without any tweaking (apart from the issue cfetzer raised) ... am I missing something here, what are the downsides?

Thanks for your hard work Smile
Hello,

many research in the web now i have found a concreted answer to my question. If you want to drive more than 100-150 leds the speed of the serial converter (Arduino Uno) wont be enough. Better is a Tennsy V2 or a Teensy++ 2( not needed. exaggerated). Due to the direct usb connection it will be faster.
Hi sanya.tarhelyszolgaltato.eu calculator is not alive anymore. Does someone has an offline adalight calculator?
Like illiac4, is there a mirror for the online calculator for boblight that was at sanya.tarhelyszolgaltato.eu or how to build it by hand?
I had a scan through the stickied boblight thread on the openelec forums, there are a fair few configs posted on there. I found one that had the same LED setup as mine and then found another one that was for adalight and combined them.

Having a few issues with this plugin, I get a random black screen flash every now and again or if I bring up a menu whilst a video is playing (info for example) the screen flashes black everytime. Is this a known issue?

My setup is:
Acer Revo 3700
Windows 8
XBMC Frodo RC2 with Aeon Nox skin
Adalight with 50 LEDs
Boblight Addon from default repo
No its not ... Wrong prefix maybe?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This is my config, I have a 50 LED adalight using an arduino uno:

[global]
interface 127.0.0.1
port 19333

[device]
name ambilight
type momo
output /dev/ttyS2
channels 150
prefix 41 64 61 00 31 64
interval 10000
rate 115200
debug off #turn this on to see what it's doing with the serial port

[color]
name red
rgb FF0000

[color]
name green
rgb 00FF00
adjust 0.7

[color]
name blue
rgb 0000FF
adjust 0.4
This works perfect in openelec! Seems strange that its linux where it just works with no messing around Big Grin
So nothing new about the calculator?
And maybe a newer windows version?
Hello,
I've tried to compile boblight by following the HowTo in the first post, but it stuck at the configure process. That's the error message I got:
Code:
configure: error: Missing a required header, please install it
I installed all dependencies as described here: http://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/Compiling

My OS is Ubuntu 12.10 x86 minimal with XBMC Frodo Nightly.
Just got my boblight setup working and its great! Many thanks to the devs! My setup is 138 WS2801 led's (414 channel) with a teensy v2 running the adalight lightstream.pde.

(2012-12-24, 03:56)Steini Wrote: Sorry for revoking an old subject, but many pages ago there was a user that wanted to have boblight-x11 running on start up and then the addon would kick in for the movies.

For me that is the best of both worlds. I can get lights in menus/screensavers etc but when a movie starts I don't get false lights because of subtitles and menus.

You told the user to forget about it, but it seems to be working pretty good for me without any tweaking (apart from the issue cfetzer raised) ... am I missing something here, what are the downsides?

Thanks for your hard work Smile

Running both the boblight addon + boblight-x11 is working well for me too. To enable/disable boblight Im going to use irexec to stop/start boblightd. EDIT: It appears that you need to start boblight-x11 before the boblight addon for this to work.
I use the boblight plugin with xbmc eden and win7 on my amd e350 and an arduino led setup. it works fine but some full hd movies do stutter due to frame drops. if I disable boblight the movie is played without any stuttering. Is there an option or teak to enhance the playback performance using boblight? does a better pde file help or another boblight windows deamon/driver? thank you in advance for any kind of help.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3