• 45(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Hi,

after now 4 weeks of trying to get boblight running smoothly with my E350 and full HD content I am kind of desperate.

My xbmc Eden on Win7 x86 runs in true fullscreen and without boblight all content is played well!
But with boblight enabled I got a lot of framedrops even if CPU load seems to be normal and max 70%. I can't see any peaks in CPU load in the moment the frames drop.
I could reduce the frame drops to 3-4 frames every 2 seconds with enabling "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" but I can't stop it. This behavior is quite annoying.

With Frodo it is even worse and I got continuous dropping frames, even with "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled. Don't know what has been changed in playback from eden to frodo.

First I thought the CPU is not fast enough but with debugging enabled, the CPU load is like I said not 100%.

Do you know what could cause this?
(2013-01-31, 11:43)wolfgr Wrote:
(2013-01-31, 10:10)skydancer Wrote: Is There any solution to the lights still on after stopping playback?[/align]

I have that issue too with frodo ,I think now that the full release is out we will get a fix.
I still have the error script issue but it appears more rare now.

I would recommend using the networking mode even for localhost/127.0.0.1.

I use that with my Enigma2 satellite receiver which is running the boblight daemon. My satellite receiver is connecting to it's local IP and the lights will go off when I put the receiver in stand by mode. XBMC will also connect to that enigma2 boblight daemon. Works like a charm.

Before that, the light kept being on and in case of my adalight LEDs it is pretty bright.
(2013-01-31, 10:10)skydancer Wrote: Is There any solution to the lights still on after stopping playback?[/align]

Are you using Adalight?

I think I had this with some modified older adalight versions but with latest adalight, boblight and xbmc boblight I never had this problem.

Just try to update everything.
(2013-01-31, 14:27)TeKo Wrote:

Are you using Adalight?

I think I had this with some modified older adalight versions but with latest adalight, boblight and xbmc boblight I never had this problem.

Just try to update everything.

I was wondering how many XBMC are using Adalight setup anyway. I would like to see the color settings for your boblight.conf, because I still think, the color matching can be tweaked.

Here are mine:
[color]
name red
rgb FF0000
adjust 0.65

[color]
name green
rgb 00FF00
adjust 1.0

[color]
name blue
rgb 0000FF
adjust 0.7

@Teko: What do you mean by update everything? Was there a new Adalight update lately like a new ledstream.pde or something like that?
Here is the one Im using. Its the latest version without the colorswirl.
http://pastebin.com/cycWAqWU

If you are using window get a newer version of boblight, not the one from 07.2013.

Im not sure where it was but I read something in a changelog about the light-on bug and like I said for me its fixed.

For the colors I use the same with gamma at 2 for all colors, still not perfect but looking better.
(2013-01-31, 13:03)F0x123 Wrote: Hi,

after now 4 weeks of trying to get boblight running smoothly with my E350 and full HD content I am kind of desperate.

My xbmc Eden on Win7 x86 runs in true fullscreen and without boblight all content is played well!
But with boblight enabled I got a lot of framedrops even if CPU load seems to be normal and max 70%. I can't see any peaks in CPU load in the moment the frames drop.
I could reduce the frame drops to 3-4 frames every 2 seconds with enabling "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" but I can't stop it. This behavior is quite annoying.

With Frodo it is even worse and I got continuous dropping frames, even with "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled. Don't know what has been changed in playback from eden to frodo.

First I thought the CPU is not fast enough but with debugging enabled, the CPU load is like I said not 100%.

Do you know what could cause this?

Why do you think it must be a CPU limitation? Most likly (like on ATV2 aswell) its GPU or bandwidth limitation. Get decent hardware and be done ...

AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I thought as no HD content is stuttering without boblight that the Radeon HD 6310 is fast enough and the boblight calculation is done by the CPU.
The problem is shrinking and grabbing the frames from the GPU - this stalls to gl/les pipeline and makes it stutter (at least on low power gpu.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
ah well ok. Thank you, so I have to get a faster GPU or try to overclock it. Perhaps some settings in the catalyst center will help?

Edit:

I just checked a full HD movie and again I can't find a high CPU or GPU load or am I wrong?

Its stalling the gl/gles pipeline on each framegrab - you can't see it in any utilisation value.
(2013-01-31, 11:43)wolfgr Wrote:

I have that issue too with frodo ,I think now that the full release is out we will get a fix.
I still have the error script issue but it appears more rare now.

Really looking forward for a fix for this then xbmc will be perfect for me.... Untill I get bored and find something I can change or add to my setup Smile
Like I said before are you using the latest version for everything? I had the bug sometime ago but now I use it every day for a few weeks without a problem.
Quote:Like I said before are you using the latest version for everything? I had the bug sometime ago but now I use it every day for a few weeks without a problem.

I do use the latest version for everything, I'm using Frodo final and the bug still on, It started when I switched to Frodo nightly builds.
I mean latest verion of your ambilight software und latest boblight.
(2013-02-02, 16:17)TeKo Wrote: I mean latest verion of your ambilight software und latest boblight.
I'm understood perfectly what you meant. bug remain

• 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3