• 51(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
(2013-03-12, 00:35)schumi2004 Wrote: @Memphiz

Just informative but in latest XBMC nightly script.xbmc.boblight isn't working anymore Wink

Code:
23:41:57 T:139821519435520   ERROR: deallocated bytearray object has exported buffers
23:41:57 T:139821586577152 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
23:41:57 T:139821519435520   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.MemoryError'>
                                            Error Contents:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.boblight/default.py", line 213, in <module>
                                                run_boblight()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.boblight/default.py", line 188, in run_boblight
                                                pixels = capture.getImage();
                                            MemoryError
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:41:57 T:139821586577152 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
23:41:57 T:139821432997632 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.

I'm having the same problem. My log is here: http://sprunge.us/HTbe
(2013-03-14, 15:19)elyts Wrote:

Just informative but in latest XBMC nightly script.xbmc.boblight isn't working anymore Wink

Code:
23:41:57 T:139821519435520   ERROR: deallocated bytearray object has exported buffers
23:41:57 T:139821519435520   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents:
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.boblight/default.py", line 213, in <module>
                                                run_boblight()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.boblight/default.py", line 188, in run_boblight
                                            MemoryError

I'm having the same problem. My log is here: http://sprunge.us/HTbe

Scroll up a bit on the page before.
so after a painfull research i did with windows/ubuntu/openelec i found a solution with ''lights stay on'' problem with frodo.Its the script.xbmc.boblight .At least for my case and tests the boblight 1.0.3 addon that works fine with Eden,work fine(without lights on and errors) with frodo,official releases.The boblight addon script that comes from xbmc 12 repository is the problem..So if you have issues with lights on and script crasses try to replace 2.x.x addon with 1.0.3.Install it from xbmc or just replace the script.xbmc.boblight folder at userdata/addons and restart will do the trick.

warning:after that turn off the addons auto update and obviusly dont update bob light addon Smile

Code:
                                            Error Contents:
                                                run_boblight()
                                            MemoryError

@Memphiz
ANy progress on this ?
Not my sector
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-18, 00:36)Memphiz Wrote: Not my sector

Ok fine.
Maybe it's useful, i updated to latest nightly and it seems to be working again.

Maybe some code bug in XBMC itself ?
(2013-03-16, 22:20)wolfgr Wrote: so after a painfull research i did with windows/ubuntu/openelec i found a solution with ''lights stay on'' problem with frodo.Its the script.xbmc.boblight .At least for my case and tests the boblight 1.0.3 addon that works fine with Eden,work fine(without lights on and errors) with frodo,official releases.The boblight addon script that comes from xbmc 12 repository is the problem..So if you have issues with lights on and script crasses try to replace 2.x.x addon with 1.0.3.Install it from xbmc or just replace the script.xbmc.boblight folder at userdata/addons and restart will do the trick.

warning:after that turn off the addons auto update and obviusly dont update bob light addon Smile

thank you very much for your research wolfgr!
will try that out as well...
(2013-03-18, 00:37)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2013-03-18, 00:36)Memphiz Wrote: Not my sector

Ok fine.
Maybe it's useful, i updated to latest nightly and it seems to be working again.

Maybe some code bug in XBMC itself ?

Yeah it is in XBMC (addon itself didn't change as you might have noticed...). Its the code generated python bindings and there are still alot of bugfixes streaming in for that which at one point might break an addon to fix another and vice versa Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have an issue with Boblight when used together with Cinema Experience.

When using CE, boblight is not working, not for any movie I play nor trailers.
When using a trailers plugin boblight is working fine
When using the playlist manually, boblight is also working fine.
But when using CE, boblight does not work, also CPU usage goes up.
This only in Frodo, when using Eden all is working fine.

I asked about this in the CE thread including a debug log but the dev from CE can't see anything wrong.
Here is a link to the start of my short discussion there.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1376164

I can understand that it's hard for him to debug without having an actual bob light setup, I was hoping a dev that has boblight could perhaps try CE and help what tracking this issue.

Thanks in advance for your effort
Hi,

I have switched my working setup from momo (3 LED channels) to ws2801 (50 LED channels). But unfortunately the boblightd exe I have for windows is old and does not support ws2801.

Has anybody been able to make this setup work? (XBMC for Windows + Boblight + Arduino + WS2801)

Cheers!
(2013-03-26, 21:26)briefer Wrote: Hi,

I have switched my working setup from momo (3 LED channels) to ws2801 (50 LED channels). But unfortunately the boblightd exe I have for windows is old and does not support ws2801.

Has anybody been able to make this setup work? (XBMC for Windows + Boblight + Arduino + WS2801)

Cheers!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151559

Updated to the latest version today.
(2013-03-26, 22:24)TeKo Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 21:26)briefer Wrote: Hi,

Cheers!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151559

Updated to the latest version today.

thank you, but oops!

C:\etc>boblightd.exe
ERROR: unable to make directory /home/brief_000/.boblight/:
No such file or directory
(PrintFlags) starting boblightd
(CConfig::LoadConfigFromFile) opening /etc/boblight.conf
(CConfig::CheckConfig) checking config lines
(CConfig::CheckConfig) config lines valid
(CConfig::BuildConfig) building config
(CConfig::BuildDeviceConfig) ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 9: boblightd was
built without spi, no support for lpd8806 devices
the path should be:

c:\boblightd\boblightd.exe

If you want to put the folder somewhere else you have to manually edit the .bat.
(2013-03-26, 22:36)TeKo Wrote: the path should be:

c:\boblightd\boblightd.exe

If you want to put the folder somewhere else you have to manually edit the .bat.

Continues here: Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1378785
Hi,

Looking at porting the Arduino code for the Boblight over to the MSP430 range of microcontrollers, trying to find more information on the USB/Serial interface used between the Boblight and the Arduino. Is there more detail on this somewhere?

Cheers,

Ant
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3