• 52(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Just a litle post to tell "just finished" a Boblight / Ubunutu / Arduino Uno / 100 RGB led right now & works as attented. I will have a look into code to get my own preset working. Fast is too fast & slow too slow .. thanks for sharing this great mod !
(2013-03-31, 13:55)exxodus Wrote: Just a litle post to tell "just finished" a Boblight / Ubunutu / Arduino Uno / 100 RGB led right know & works as attented. I will have a look into code to get my own preset working. Fast is too fast & slow too slow .. thanks for sharing this great mod !

Change too custom setting so you can define it yourself
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I did Martijn, but you know as far i'm into "hacking things" i'd like to get into my own settings showing up into boblight conf ... Not so difficult as far as i see for now.
Updated XBMCBuntu Eden (11.0) to Frodo (12.0) on an Acer Aspire Revo.

Installed all the dependencies and ./configure --without-portaudio --without-opengl --without-x11 --prefix=/usr completes without issue.
However, make && sudo make install gives the following error:

Code:
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..     -g -O2 -MT boblight-v4l.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/boblight-v4l.Tpo -c -o boblight-v4l.o `test -f 'clients/boblight-v4l/boblight-v4l.cpp' || echo './'`clients/boblight-v4l/boblight-v4l.cpp
clients/boblight-v4l/boblight-v4l.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
clients/boblight-v4l/boblight-v4l.cpp:79:14: error: 'fork' was not declared in this scope
clients/boblight-v4l/boblight-v4l.cpp: In function 'int Run()':
clients/boblight-v4l/boblight-v4l.cpp:105:15: error: 'sleep' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [boblight-v4l.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/Downloads/boblight-read-only/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/Downloads/boblight-read-only'
make: *** [all] Error 2
xbmc@XBMC:~/Downloads/boblight-read-only$

Only reference I can find to this error is Issue #43, which should have been resolved.

Thought it was an issue with having the XBMC Boblight add-on being installed/not-installed but it doesn't in either install order.

Any help or info is appreciated.

(I've got it up and running without on a Zotac with OpenELEC v3 so trying to figure it out on this XBMCBuntu box.)
add --without-v4l
22:00 EST UPDATE:
Up and running! Phew!
Had to insert "boblightd -f" into /etc/rc.local so that the daemon activates before the XBMC Boblight add-on starts up.

Found this out by enabling/disabling the add-on after XBMC had started up and it subsequently working.

For those having issues, you may also need to insert a "sleep #" (e.g. sleep 10) into rc.local to ensure the daemon starts up before the client starts up. Else it'll fail to connect.
That's why the test commands (boblight-constant) were working but it wasn't actually capturing any video for processing.

Unfortunately, the calculator is offline (https://sanya.tarhelyszolgaltato.eu) so I can't modify my existing (working) setup (for now). Sad

-------------------------------------------------------------

21:30 EST
(2013-04-01, 12:43)Memphiz Wrote: add --without-v4l
Thanks! After playing around with the various switches (--without-v4l actually gave an error [configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --without-v41], finally got it to compile and build without issue. Verified that libboblight.a, libboblight.so.0.0.0 and other files were created properly in /usr/lib/.

Alas, still running into issues:
Installed the XBMC Boblight add-on and set it up for 127.0.0.1:19333 and it connects properly.
Downloaded a standard 150 LED boblight.conf and used sudo to put it in /etc/:
Code:
[global]
interface       127.0.0.1
port            19333

[device]
name            ambilight
type            momo
output          /dev/ttyACM0
channels        450
prefix          41 64 61 00 95 C0
interval        10000
rate            115200
debug           off #turn this on to see what it's doing with the serial port
delayafteropen  1000000

However, after rebooting, it doesn't activate the lights during playback.

Verified using dmesg | tail that the Arduino is detected:
Quote:xbmc@XBMC:~$ dmesg | tail
[ 2160.107646] cdc_acm 2-6:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
[ 3395.213761] usb 2-6: USB disconnect, device number 5
[ 3398.232126] usb 2-6: new full-speed USB device number 6 using ohci_hcd
[ 3398.456440] usb 2-6: New USB device found, idVendor=16c0, idProduct=0483
[ 3398.456451] usb 2-6: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 3398.456458] usb 2-6: Product: USB Serial
[ 3398.456465] usb 2-6: Manufacturer: Teensyduino
[ 3398.456471] usb 2-6: SerialNumber: 12345
[ 3398.459632] cdc_acm 2-6:1.0: This device cannot do calls on its own. It is not a modem.
[ 3398.459702] cdc_acm 2-6:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
Running boblightd is successful:
Quote:xbmc@XBMC:~$ boblightd
(InitLog) start of log /home/xbmc/.boblight/boblightd.log
(PrintFlags) starting boblightd
(CConfig::LoadConfigFromFile) opening /etc/boblight.conf
(CConfig::CheckConfig) checking config lines
(CConfig::CheckConfig) config lines valid
(CConfig::BuildConfig) building config
(CConfig::BuildConfig) built config successfully
(main) starting devices
(CClientsHandler:Tonguerocess) opening listening socket on 127.0.0.1:19333
(CDevice:Tonguerocess) ambilight: starting with output "/dev/ttyACM0"
(CDevice:Tonguerocess) ambilight: setting up
(CDevice:Tonguerocess) ambilight: setup succeeded
And using boblight-constant in another PuTTY window is successful with testing commands such as boblight-constant FF0000:
Quote:xbmc@XBMC:~/Downloads$ boblight-constant FF00FF
Connecting to boblightd
Connection to boblightd opened
Corresponding response from boblightd:
Quote:(CClientsHandler::RemoveClient) removing 127.0.0.1:41430
(CClientsHandler:Tonguerocess) 127.0.0.1:41432 connected
(CClientsHandler:TonguearseMessage) 127.0.0.1:41432 said hello
(CClientsHandler:TonguearseSet) 127.0.0.1:41432 priority set to 128
Is there something that could be missing? Any other ways to debug this?
Also, is it required to put boblightd -f into rc.local for automatic startup?
I have raspbmc running with boblight. boblight-constant is running fine but if i start a video nothing happend. back in the menu the staitc backlight shows. the hardware is fine because it works perfectly from my normal pc.

i followed the instruction on page the first page.

Code:
./configure --without-portaudio --without-x11 --without-opengl --without-v4l --prefix=/usr

config and make completed with no errors.

any ideas to find the error?

thank you guys
(2013-04-04, 21:45)cusaro Wrote: I have raspbmc running with boblight. boblight-constant is running fine but if i start a video nothing happend. back in the menu the staitc backlight shows. the hardware is fine because it works perfectly from my normal pc.

i followed the instruction on page the first page.

Code:
./configure --without-portaudio --without-x11 --without-opengl --without-v4l --prefix=/usr

config and make completed with no errors.

any ideas to find the error?

thank you guys

Is the addon supposed to work on the RPi without modification?

Try activating debug mode in the boblight.conf so you can see if xbmc sends something to boblight.
(2013-04-04, 22:06)TeKo Wrote: Is the addon supposed to work on the RPi without modification?

No its not - there is no rendercapture implementation on the rbpi so boblight just doesn't "see" the video image.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Im using a DSPlayer build with 3D patch:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1385100

And the addon is not working.

I deactivated the DSPlayer so there should be no difference to stock XBMC.

Any idea why its not working?

uploading a debug log later.

Using another version now and it's working again.
hello, first i want to thank you for this add-on - great job

i have spent lot of time to setup everything and right now i have really good looking rig in my living room Smile

what i want to do is to fine-tune a lights but i couldn't find any tutorial or guide about it
the most important thing for me is to set black level and white level

for white picture i mostly have blue light, i know that it will never be real white but watching Game of thrones with snow on screen and blue lights behind always make my wife lol on me Sad

also often happens that low res movies (divx/xvid) has black with noise so my lights instead of off are on with dark green/red/~brown,

how to setup this correctly ?
i play a little with black level setting but without success, also not clear for me how this setting works,

i will appreciate for any help
Set the treshhold to something around 20 - 50 will keep the lights off in dark/noisy scenes. For the white reference you need to adapt the "value" parameters of the RGB leds in your boblight.conf (this is not possible to do via the addon). If your colors have to much blue then you need to reduce the blue value.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi everyone,

I recently finished http://gabriel-lg.github.io/Ambioder/ this hack although I don't have a way of testing this, I'd honestly "dont hate me for this" but like to use this with Media Player Classic if at all possible?
I have XBMC installed also if I can test with it but I'm not sure what I need to do.

Help would be fantastic!

Thank you very much!

--Aaron
I like to ask you if some one know new adress of calculator for boblight. This previus one ( btw great ) is not work any more.

Looking for helpSad
(2013-04-10, 16:14)slawek Wrote: I like to ask you if some one know new adress of calculator for boblight. This previus one ( btw great ) is not work any more.

Looking for help:(
You can use the one in my sig. But it's not online you need java to use it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151559
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3