• 77(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Thanks Memphiz, and thanks for merging my thread in / reopening.
Hi guys,

I just finished setting up Boblight with my Lightpack (from lightpack.tv) on XBMCbuntu (Gotham release build). As a complete linux noob it took me quite a while. I got instructions from multiple sources, so I decided to write my own little tutorial and merge them all together so all the info is in one place. Hopefully this'll help some people down the road

http://runcoderepeat.com/setting-up-ligh...xbmcbuntu/
Wouldn't the xbmc wiki be the logical place for that tutorial?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-14, 21:00)fearsomesteve Wrote: Hi guys,

I just finished setting up Boblight with my Lightpack (from lightpack.tv) on XBMCbuntu (Gotham release build). As a complete linux noob it took me quite a while. I got instructions from multiple sources, so I decided to write my own little tutorial and merge them all together so all the info is in one place. Hopefully this'll help some people down the road

It's called lightpack not lightbox. Reading through it now
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
cananyone help me in this thread?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=196607
Hello,
I have a problem with boblight when I run it on the tv screen appears delicate lag. Image laggy best you can see it at a football match. what could be wrong in the configuration file?

this is my config file:
openelec
Code:
[global]
interface 127.0.0.1
port      19333

[device]
name            AmbiLight
type            momo
output          /dev/ttyACM0
channels        696
prefix          41 64 61 00 E7 B2
interval        40000
rate            460800
debug           off
delayafteropen  1000000
threadpriority  99

[color]
name            red
rgb             FF0000
gamma           1.1
adjust          0.40
blacklevel      0.0

[color]
name            green
rgb             00FF00
gamma           1.1
adjust          0.40
blacklevel      0.0

[color]
name            blue
rgb             0000FF
gamma           1.2
adjust          0.40
blacklevel      0.0

# Bottom Start

[light]
name start1
color red AmbiLight 1
color green AmbiLight 2
color blue AmbiLight 3
hscan 48 49.3
vscan 97 98

arduino uno

Code:
#include <FastSPI_LED2.h>

#define NUM_LEDS 232
#define DATA_PIN 6
// If its's too bright with all the LEDS you can skip every nth led
#define EVERY_NTH 1

CRGB leds[NUM_LEDS];

// specified under `rate` in the `[device]` section of /etc/boblight.conf
#define serialRate 460800

// boblightd sends a prefix (defined in /etc/boblight.conf) before sending the pixel data
uint8_t prefix[] = {0x41, 0x64, 0x61, 0x00, 0xE7, 0xB2,};

void setup()
{
  // sanity check delay - allows reprogramming if accidently blowing power w/leds
  delay(2000);

LEDS.addLeds<WS2812B, DATA_PIN, GRB>(leds, NUM_LEDS);
  Serial.begin(serialRate);

// Start with all LEDs off
  memset(leds, 0, NUM_LEDS * sizeof(struct CRGB));

// set all the LEDs to white
  for(int i = 0; i < NUM_LEDS; i++) {leds[i].r = 255; leds[i].g = 255; leds[i].b = 255;}
  LEDS.show();
  delay(1000);

// set all the LEDs to red
  for(int i = 0; i < NUM_LEDS; i++) {leds[i].r = 255; leds[i].g = 0; leds[i].b = 0;}
  LEDS.show();
  delay(1000);

// set all the LEDs to green
  for(int i = 0; i < NUM_LEDS; i++) {leds[i].r = 0; leds[i].g = 255; leds[i].b = 0;}
  LEDS.show();
  delay(200);

// set all the LEDs to blue
  for(int i = 0; i < NUM_LEDS; i++) {leds[i].r = 0; leds[i].g = 0; leds[i].b = 255;}
  LEDS.show();
  delay(1000);

// Set all LEDs off
  for(int i = 0; i < NUM_LEDS; i++) {leds[i].r = 0; leds[i].g = 0; leds[i].b = 0;}
  LEDS.show();
}

void loop() {

// wait until we see the prefix
  for(int i = 0; i < sizeof prefix; ++i) {
    waitLoop: while (!Serial.available()) ;;
    // look for the next byte in the sequence if we see the one we want
    if(prefix[i] == Serial.read()) continue;
    // otherwise, start over
    i = 0;
    goto waitLoop;
  }
  memset(leds, 0,  NUM_LEDS * sizeof(struct CRGB));
  // read the transmitted data
  for (int iLed = 0; iLed < NUM_LEDS; iLed++) {
    byte r, g, b;    
    while(!Serial.available());
    r = Serial.read();
    g = Serial.read();
    b = Serial.read();
    if(!(iLed % EVERY_NTH)) {
      leds[iLed].r = r;
      leds[iLed].g = g;
      leds[iLed].b = b;
    }
  }
  LEDS.show();

}

video
Hello,
i wan't to ask for help. I have a mac mini with xbmc and i want to install the boblight for my karatelight. It's no problem to install the addon but there is always a error because its missing some files. I read this post but i don't know where i have to put this config file.
please help me.

regards peter

Mac mini
OS X Maverick
XBMC 13.1
Aeon MQ 5
Dreambox 8000 PVR
Have search/Google'd but can't find any good resources:
Has anyone setup the boblightd client on a separate/dedicated machine?

My boblight setup: WS2801 LEDs + Teensy Arduino and Zotac HTPC.
My scenario: my AV receiver & HTPC are in a separate room from the TV. I only have spare network connections in both rooms and would like to run XBMC on the HTPC [required for lossless audio] and the boblight client on a separate (network-connected) machine by the TV.

I'm looking at either running RaspBMC and just using it for the client or trying a lightweight install of Arch Linux and figuring out the boblight client install on the Raspberry Pi.

Any other options/methods?
(2014-05-14, 21:00)fearsomesteve Wrote: Hi guys,

I too have a lightpack..but i am using MX2 box (http://matricom.net/products/g-box-midnight-mx2/). It comes with Android+XBMC. But the community have developed its own XBMC version (openelec). It will be great if you can guide me on making lightpack work with this box. I used the prismatik apk+android but there is a problem as prismatik will do ambi light only if the video is played using SW decoding, which is not possible with HD movies as its resource hungry.
(2014-06-26, 05:58)BluechipJ Wrote: Have search/Google'd but can't find any good resources:
Has anyone setup the boblightd client on a separate/dedicated machine?

My boblight setup: WS2801 LEDs + Teensy Arduino and Zotac HTPC.
My scenario: my AV receiver & HTPC are in a separate room from the TV. I only have spare network connections in both rooms and would like to run XBMC on the HTPC [required for lossless audio] and the boblight client on a separate (network-connected) machine by the TV.

I'm looking at either running RaspBMC and just using it for the client or trying a lightweight install of Arch Linux and figuring out the boblight client install on the Raspberry Pi.

Any other options/methods?

Hi Bluechip,

I put it on Raspbian and it works very good:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188201
guys is there a way to map a key from my windows pc remote,to enable/disable Boblight?or even to bring addon setings like b\B key from keyboard does.
Map a key to 'b'
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
since it is not possible to have lights during audio playback

would it be possible to create that when xbmc plays music, the boblight addon randomly changes colors to the beat of the music. or to some preset colors

the bobdroid android app can do this
(2014-07-10, 20:50)wolfgr Wrote: guys is there a way to map a key from my windows pc remote,to enable/disable Boblight?or even to bring addon setings like b\B key from keyboard does.

You can start stop it with a remote or keyboard using a jsonrpc command, see
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1624387

See here for creating a toggle script to switch between on and off (its for audio but same principal)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1750578

(2014-07-10, 22:10)spambus Wrote: since it is not possible to have lights during audio playback

would it be possible to create that when xbmc plays music, the boblight addon randomly changes colors to the beat of the music. or to some preset colors

What OS are you using? You can have bovlight during music playback with Linux via boblight-X11
(2014-07-11, 02:29)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 20:50)wolfgr Wrote: guys is there a way to map a key from my windows pc remote,to enable/disable Boblight?or even to bring addon setings like b\B key from keyboard does.

You can start stop it with a remote or keyboard using a jsonrpc command, see
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1624387

See here for creating a toggle script to switch between on and off (its for audio but same principal)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1750578

(2014-07-10, 22:10)spambus Wrote: since it is not possible to have lights during audio playback

What OS are you using? You can have bovlight during music playback with Linux via boblight-X11

thanx teeebub got it workin,thnx.A little offtopic question,what command like"RunScript" can i use to play a file from library,using a mapped remote button?Is there a list of commands somewhere?
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3