• 90(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
I haven't been using boblight for some time. And now that I want to enable it again I get a message on the Add-on information saying "You need to have the correct binary addon installed for this to work"

I have tried to reinstall the addon. I also thought that maybe I needed a new version of boblightd, so I compiled the latest from svn checkout http://boblight.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ boblight-read-only

But that was not the problem, still the same message. What is it that I need to update?

The addon connects to my boblightd, but I get no colors like I used to get when starting Kodi, and nothing when I play a movie.

I'm using Kodi 15-BETA2. And also, if i try to disable the boblight addon Kodi hangs and I need to restart. But that's not a big problem. As long as I can get it working I don't need to disable it
You didn't mentioned the operating system you are using. If the addon connects to your boblightd the problem with the "binary addon" (which in real should have shown "binary library" or something like that) is already solved for you.

If in doubt - post a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hi

we try to set up boblight with Blinkstick Pro on Win7:
https://www.blinkstick.com/help/ikea-dio...-ambilight

is there any way to connect boblight with blinkstick?
we tried many options with the boblight.conf but nothing is working so far,

with output /dev/ttyS0
and output /dev/com1
boblight starts to work but the led isnt changing colors.
(2014-03-28, 17:50)bry- Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 12:24)theCheek Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 06:45)hadees Wrote: Looks like LIFX finally release the API. Any chance of this getting added in?

Thanks!

As a kickstarter I now have 8 of these beautiful bulbs..but their functionality is locked behind the terribly written android app!

+1million for functionality within this XBMC addon!

I'm interested in too !!!

Would be great for lights to dim on play and brighted on pause!

If someone can point me in the right direction I would love to help!

you may be able to check here to see if you can use anything : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145178

I'm interested in too!
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
@Memphiz

First many thanks for the great aadon.

with me recognizes that not aadon in some movies, the black bars?

then the top and bottom remain off the lights.

you can not do what?

Thank you for the information Smile
I have no clue what you are saying sorry. Google translator did its best i guess?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ach du bist ja Deutscher Big Grin sorry mein Englisch ist sehr schlecht, da nehme ich besser den Google Übersetzer Big Grin

Bei mir erkennt das Aadon leider nicht alle Filme mit den schwarzen Balken?

Gibt es da eine Möglichkeit das zu ändern?
Hi Waffi,

English Forum - english Language... :-)

Are they not recognized in all 21:9 Clips or only sporadically?
You may have to adjust the hscan values in boblight.conf

https://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/boblightconf

There you should find a proper conf Maker
http://www.tweaking4all.com/home-theatre...fig-maker/

Regards
Well if the blackbars are encoded in the video then there is no way in detecting them. In that case you have to increase the hscan area in the boblight.conf as Bub4 pointed out. In the other cases where the black bars are not encoded in the video it works automagically because boblight only sees the video content in that case.

Even if i am german - we don't talk german here.
ok thank you very much. its the format 1.78:1 thats not right
i building my config with the boblight config maker.
is it right that i must deisble the worth by all hscan? and is the worth up or down? can you make an exaple?

so it looks:

http://pastebin.com/ZM7QATNn
Sorry if this has been answered before I could not find anything in my searches. Bob light is up and running beautifully on my Windows-based KODI machine in my living room...

Has anyone had any success getting music visualizations working with Bob light in Kodi? I am sure everyone wants this feature and if anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!
1. post

Features

1. Currently boblight is only driven when the videoplayer is running. We hope to be able to extend it to the menu and even music playback in the future- though this will need major changes in the XBMC core so it wouldn't be the near future Wink.
(2015-08-19, 16:54)waffi Wrote: 1. post

Features

1. Currently boblight is only driven when the videoplayer is running. We hope to be able to extend it to the menu and even music playback in the future- though this will need major changes in the XBMC core so it wouldn't be the near future Wink.

QFT - post number one was a long time ago, I was looking for some updates or alternatives.
You can try boblight x11, it works on menu and music viz, but it did not detect black bars last time I test it

Or your can try Hyperion
Will boblight x11 work on windows boxes? Im having trouble finding any good info on it.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3