[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
saber07 Offline
Encountering a strange issue and not sure what might be happening Normally, when I startup Kodi, my leds will flash white and cycle through during Kodi startup sequence. I recently disabled the Kodi Boblight addon and my leds seemed to shutoff immediately and the leds would no longer cycle when I turned on my pc.

I tried to enable the Kodi Boblight addon again, and it says it connects to the boblightd daemon, but no lights are responding. Also, my lights do not cycle when I startup Kodi either, so it's making me think there is an issue with signal being sent from the arduino to the leds maybe, or perhaps some type of power issue to the leds? Wondering if anyone has any ideas or has ran into something similar.
find quote
Funky_Funked Offline
Is there a manual download link for the 64 bit dll for windows 10 64 bit? I tried to get Boblight running on 3 different Win 10 (Pro) PCs and its not downloading the 64 bit dll, only 32 bit (i checked the plugin lib folder) and the boblight plugin always gives the startup error "cant connect to boblightd!". I installed all runtimes posted here, didnt help :/ any suggestions?
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Kodi MVP
Which addon version are you using - latest addon should be able to properly detect the 64 bit runtime (how annoying if it still doesn't)

AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
find quote
Funky_Funked Offline
Im using 2.0.18, Kodi 17.3 on 3 different Win10 Pro machines. Only "libboblight-win32.0.dll" is in the lib folder, I created a log on my Win10 Laptop, boblight event starts at 23:45:15.232:

https://pastebin.com/1KG0D4YZ
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Kodi MVP
You are running the 32 bit version of kodi - is this by intention? It should be able to load the 32 bit dll fine then ...

AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Kodi MVP
From your log

Code:
connection to boblightd failed: 127.0.0.1:19333 Connect timed out

I think it loads the dll fine but you don't have any Boblight daemon running ...

find quote
Funky_Funked Offline
Yeah, 32 bit Kodi intentionally. Thought I'd need the 64 bit DLL for Win10 64bit OS though, sorry my mistake.

All is good with your addon then, thanks to you and your work Smile
find quote
cgebke Offline
I've recently updated my hardware and am now running Kodi 17.3 on a Asus VC65R, Windows 10. My new computer only has USB 3 and USB 3.1 ports. I think this might be causing a problem with boblightd. When I start boblightd, the cmd window opens for a split second, closes, and the lights blink. Also when I run the arduino software, the lights blink real fast as well, where they use to slowly go through the colors. If anyone has any ideas I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks for the support.
find quote