• 105(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Well i don't speak russian but this is a lightpack clone and the config looksok. What did you se for software befor on windows? I don't think you used boblight then did you?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I used Prismatik
Hi,

I own this clone ( http://i.imgur.com/0VHLTyZ.jpg ), which I think is well known, but I'm having trouble to get it working on Kodi 17. It does work with MPC-HC or VLC when I'm using Ambibox or Prismatik, yet I can't get it to work on Kodi. I tried Boblight but I get a "Failed to connect to Boblightd" (I know it's the daemon, dll? I got it so I don't know) and the Ambibox addon either don't work or show a not so bright (I can barely see it) light.

I'm running Kodi 17 on Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help!
sorry i used ambibox
That hardware is either no proper lightpack clone or the lightpack support in boblightd (the daemon!) is broken. If boblight-constant doesnt work properly with that hardware then there is nothing i can do about it in the boblight addon (which relies on proper boblight daemon setup which can be tested with boblight-constant)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
But some time ago (one year if I'm wrong) I used it with openelec successfully and the boblight.conf file is always the same.
However last night in the prevail of the disaster I installed win10 + codes 17.4 + ambibox and it works perfectly ... just that i have a problem with the h265 video at 8bit ... uff
@Memphiz

Any thoughts on this?

Quote:Hey, thank you guys for your work on this!

I'm using a Lightpack Setup with boblight in Libreelec and it looks amazing!

Is it possible to add a "function" that boblight kills the lights when the htpc goes into suspend while video or live tv is running?

When I turn off the htpc via remote while video is running, the system goes into suspend but the lights stay on like they were in the situation before suspend.
When I stop the video before suspend, everything is fine of course.
(2017-09-21, 08:19)Memphiz Wrote: That hardware is either no proper lightpack clone or the lightpack support in boblightd (the daemon!) is broken. If boblight-constant doesnt work properly with that hardware then there is nothing i can do about it in the boblight addon (which relies on proper boblight daemon setup which can be tested with boblight-constant)

Was this reply for me? If so, what is boblight-constant? It seems to be something running on Linux, I don't know how to run it with my clone
Hi guys - has boblightd been removed from Kodi? I've tried having a look in the add-ons section under services, but it no longer appears. I've installed the Boblight Kodi app, but need the backend service to communicate to my light pack. Currently running the latest LibreELEC edition (8.2.1?) on an Odroid C2.
Ask the libreelec guys
Hello. I have Xiaomi Mi Box 3c (CPU: Amlogic S905-H 2.0GHz) running at Android 6.0. Does boblight working with my box good? Does anybody use boblight with this CPU?
(2017-08-11, 03:22)cgebke Wrote: I've recently updated my hardware and am now running Kodi 17.3 on a Asus VC65R, Windows 10. My new computer only has USB 3 and USB 3.1 ports. I think this might be causing a problem with boblightd. When I start boblightd, the cmd window opens for a split second, closes, and the lights blink. Also when I run the arduino software, the lights blink real fast as well, where they use to slowly go through the colors. If anyone has any ideas I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks for the support.

Did you, or anyone else, ever find a soultion to this? I have the same problem. Thanks for the info.
I would love to have a setup!

My hardware currently comprises of:

Intel Celeron 3050 NUC
Arduino
Libreelec

I have never done anything like this before but I am willing to put the effort in...
I would like to buy a suitable starter kit and I have seen the Adalight Project Pack is my current hardware and software OS suitable perfomance wise or should I use another start kit from another company?
Hello, after upgrade my theater PC from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and Kodi from 16.1 to latest stable 17.6 i get into troubles because of boblight plugin in Kodi. Everthing is working fine until I run some interlaced video (e.g. 1080 50i DVD/AVCHD etc.). By in those videos are on screen visible very fast flickering with green colour. (like every second frame is full screen is green). LED strips itselves working correct.

If i switch the boblight plugin off, flickering on TV screen is away.
Do you have some simillar experinece? (My setup is Asrock Intel Atom 3150, latest graphic drivers)

Thank you for some hints..
Hi,
I just updated from 17.6 to the latest Kodi 18 beta.
The boblight daemon hasn’t changed but the LED are extremely fast since the update. The former „slow“ setting is still too fast and a lot faster than in Kodi 17.6.
also tuning manually I can’t come close to the smooth old behavior. Has anyone witnessed something similar? Has anything changed in Kodi 18? It occurs mainly at Live-TV I would say. Movies work as before.
I‘m on Ubuntu 18.04.

Thanks a lot!
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3