• 107(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
(2021-04-04, 14:39)pedromarga Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 09:05)kresimirv Wrote: Can't get Boblight to work, help wanted

Basic info:

Kodi (19.0-Matrix (18.9.730) Git:20201107-mediabrasil.tv). Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit
Using Release Kodi x64
Kodi compiled 2020-11-07 by MSVC 191627041 for Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0 (0x0A000004)
Running on Windows 10 2004, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0.19041.685
FFmpeg version/source: 4.3-Kodi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 8 cores available
System has 8.0 GB of RAM installed
Desktop Resolution: 3840x2160 32Bit at 60Hz

Log file:

https://paste.kodi.tv/raw/avamohekom

Thank's in advance!

Exactly same problem here. Upgraded KODI to Matrix, Boblight to 2.0.19 and it's not working.

I  the log I can see:

EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'TypeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: can't concat str to bytes
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\pedro\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\default.py", line 242, in <module>
                                                       run_boblight()
                                                     File "C:\Users\pedro\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\default.py", line 193, in run_boblight
                                                       if main.startup() == 0:
                                                     File "C:\Users\pedro\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\default.py", line 130, in startup
                                                       if xbmcgui.Dialog().yesno(__scriptname__, localize(32504) + " " + localize(32509)):
                                                   TypeError: can't concat str to bytes
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

... same situation and problem with me...
Bild a bug report on the GitHub of the add-on:

https://github.com/bobo1on1/script.xbmc..../issues/49
I've found a temporary fix for Boblight not working on Matrix in Windows 64. Since Matrix is based on Python 3, some code needs to be changed which hasn't fully been updated in the new boblight plugin.

To circumvent this conversion error for now open up default.py in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.boblight and change this:
Quote:else:
  # ask user if we should fetch the lib for osx, ios, android and windows
  if xbmcgui.Dialog().yesno(__scriptname__, localize(32504) + " " + localize(32509)):
    tools_downloadLibBoblight(platform,settings.other_misc_notifications)
    loaded = bob.bob_loadLibBoblight(libpath,platform) 
To this, make sure you have the indentation the same on else: as it was before and have the two lines below indented from that by two spaces:
Quote:else:
  tools_downloadLibBoblight(platform,settings.other_misc_notifications)
It should look like this:
Then save and close this file and download the boblight dll file manually from this link:

https://dharma.kodi.tv/build-deps/addon-....0.dll.zip

Unzip this file to AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\resources\lib and restart the plugin, it should work now. We need someone with more Python knowledge to rewrite this line so it conforms to Python 3 standards.
Quote:if xbmcgui.Dialog().yesno(__scriptname__, localize(32504) + " " + localize(32509)):
(2021-06-01, 14:59)pauldgroot Wrote: tools_downloadLibBoblight(platform,settings.other_misc_notifications)

It does not work for me. :-(
(2021-06-19, 07:27)kresimirv Wrote:
(2021-06-01, 14:59)pauldgroot Wrote: tools_downloadLibBoblight(platform,settings.other_misc_notifications)

Finally made it to work. Problem was that I used notepad to open default.py file. After installing Thonny IDE and checking the file, I find the error quickly.
Anyway, thank you Pauldgroot!
(2021-06-22, 17:26)kresimirv Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 07:27)kresimirv Wrote:

Finally made it to work. Problem was that I used notepad to open default.py file. After installing Thonny IDE and checking the file, I find the error quickly.
Anyway, thank you Pauldgroot!
Glad you got it working!
I need a help with exception thrown. I cant updade and i cant find any normal answer only just i can find is updade but i cant i dont know how. I want to see seren video add-on if that helps you
(2021-06-26, 18:23)huntedhack3821 Wrote: I need a help with exception thrown. I cant updade and i cant find any normal answer only just i can find is updade but i cant i dont know how. I want to see seren video add-on if that helps you

What you want to do is go and actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here, and stop asking for support about banned addons (wiki).

Our piracy policy (wiki) means that such junk is not supported here, and nor are any device on which those banned addons (wiki) are installed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-06-26, 18:27)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2021-06-26, 18:23)huntedhack3821 Wrote: I need a help with exception thrown. I cant updade and i cant find any normal answer only just i can find is updade but i cant i dont know how. I want to see seren video add-on if that helps you

What you want to do is go and actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here, and stop asking for support about banned addons (wiki).

Our piracy policy (wiki) means that such junk is not supported here, and nor are any device on which those banned addons (wiki) are installed.
Okay thank for help guys really appreciate that.
Hello,
I'm trying to setup Boblight on Raspberry Pi4 with Raspbian and Kodi 18.7. The addon was able to connect to the server, I can see the lights doing the changes on connect and can setup static lights. But the moment I start any video it just turns on some random lights and won't change. What could be the reason for this and are there any fixes known?
Thanks in advance.
The link referring to the DLL in my previous post is dead, a new link is here for win64: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/build-deps/addon-....0.dll.zip
Other OS's can be found here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/build-deps/addon-...ght/win64/
Hi,

I recently got a Xbox Series X and installed kodi in it, it works great (I don't use any plugins, just nfs streaming from my nas) but I wanted to maintain my old lightpack.

I though of having a rpi for the boblightd daemon and just installing the plugin on the xbox, but it doesn't work. I got an error: missing ctypes modules

Those are a couple of logs of trying to install it, uninstall, activate, etc...

https://paste.kodi.tv/wedixeledo
https://paste.kodi.tv/epitutevez

I wonder if uploading manually the libboblight.dll would be enough, from the logs seems that Kodi detects the Xbox as a Windows 10. Curiously I don't see the error that I get on those logs?

I also don't know if the plugin worked in the Xbox One systems.

Thanks!
OK I've been digging around and the xbox app as is a UWP app it doesn't allow the ctypes library which is used for the communication with the boblightd daemon.

I've found a pure python implementation of the protocol which should work, I might give it a try to addapt it as the protocol doesn't seems to be very difficult (one way, just send commands), and seems more portable that a .so or a .dll ...
I managed to do a rough implementation of it and seems to work but needs some performance work Smile
So, here is my fork of the addon, I've tested in on an ubuntu box (x86) and an Xbox Series X and a Ligthpack as a led controlled. Both seems to work but it stills needs some fine tunning, seems to me that my leds are flickering more than with the original library, if anyone could test it would be great.

https://github.com/badcrc/script.xbmc.pyboblight
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3