Add menu Items
hi,

i've read some posts that talk about removing menu items via the skin, which is why i'm posting in this forum as i think this may be skinning question.

what i simply want to do is create a menu item called 'games' and the have it look in a folder (f:\apps\games) to create the shortcut list of available games.

thanks robo
good call. i would like to do the same thing. i can't seem to figure out how to get the shortcuts to work.

currently, when i select games from my programs, it takes about 10 minutes to populate the list.  too much waiting b/c xbmp needs to rebuild the list every time games is selected.

how do shortcuts work? i'll explain what i am doing.

create shortcut file using text editor with the following:
<shortcut>
<path>harddisk0\partition6\games\ssx3\default.xbe</path>
</shortcut>

i use f:\games for alll my games. i save the shortuct name as the game...ssx.cut.

then i put the .cut file in the shortcuts directory.  reboot xbox.  and after selecting the shortcuts menu in the gui, nothing happens.

any ideas?
in the latest xbmc, you can just flatten/show only default.xbe from settings->programs.

there should be no speed issues in xbmc with regards to doing this. it is much faster at displaying your games bookmark when you have games that have tons of files.

try that out and let me know if it is fast enough for you.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i have build from 10-29-2003. i did try what you describe...but it still takes 10 minutes for the icons/list to appear?

any idea?
you have xbmp, not xbmc.

and if you do have xbmc, it is an ancient version.

xbmc is not the same program as xbmp.

ts

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
cool, i'll download the latest build and try it tonight, this will be much better, does this mean we will see all the xbe's for each drive in one place.

i've read posts from frodo where he says he doesn't want xbmc to be a 'one stop shop' for everything and that it's a media centre, i understand that and respect that, but surely the vast majority of people that use xbmc still play games and a 'my games' menu item, with a flattened directory structure, pointing to a default directory like 'f:\games' would be brilliant, especially now as you can use it as a default dashboard.
you still need to go into my programs.

ts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add menu Items0