• 3(current)
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC
i tried the following...and added to my skin [konsolenumbau.at]

Image Image

this is gonna be great for my xbmc usb keyboard........i wonder if this means that i might have to go out and get a usb mouse and usb hub? :thumbsup:
hey guys, i love what you guys have done so far, i wanted to throw my 2 cents about layout in if you dont mind....

i think due to the fact that most of us are not using hdtv's, the webpage window needs to be as close to full screen as possible.
i think it should look like lets say firefox maximized on your computer screen.. but the skin of the browser should be pm3 style and the top right section where the google search bar would be should be just big enough to display movie or music info. im not talking about tabbed browsing or anything cause i dont know if you guys can do something like that.
not sure if linksboks could handle this, but could a stream be launched from a web page using this?

so you click on a mms:// stream and it opens using xbmc..

just wondering..
niiiiiiiiiiiiice ceomr! :thumbsup:

btw, thanks for putting out both the normal and help versions of your skin
hey los93sol if you don't mind me asking, what is the general response from the xbmc devs since you guys got so far? yay, nay or undecided?
i prefer not to comment on the general response from the dev's as i do not know the general consensus, the only thing i can tell you is we have spoken to at least two official dev's who are open-minded to the idea. it should be noted that this project is by no means complete, it is functional, but there is still quite a bit of work to do before it will be submitted as a patch. if you are can program and have knowledge of xbmc code please drop by our irc channel to chat with some of the people involved in the project, we are going to need more help soon so if you have the time to put into it and the skills, we welcome you to help out.

the irc channel is at efnet #xbmcmeetslinks

sorry i haven't posted any new screenshots recently, we have been focusing on establishing a rock solid core for the browser. i can tell you that over the weekend ysbox implemented a very nice emergency memory recovery feature so when memory is getting low, the browser will clear it so it should theoretically never run out of memory. we will be doing more work this week to try to implement some form of history keeping. other development props go out to geminiserver for his work recently establish settings for the browser (this will allow you to set your homepage and other preferences for the browser from the settings menu).

there is still much more to come in the future, we will not be adding anymore major features until we have a 100% stable core. i am very pleased that so many of you are looking forward to our progress with the effort, keep the support coming, we love to read it! also please realize these guys are working very hard to make this a reality, it is a rather large task to convert everything and properly integrate it into xbmc, so if you have the skills and are time to help, please, i am asking again for your help.

regards,
los93sol
thanks for a great status update. keep em comming. and good luck.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
ummm that skin is wrong sorry guys the whole way the broswer works is way diff now once new feature installed ill reskin id say in weekend then maybe it will be ready to look at
you guys are just awesome! when i tell people that use xbmc that it's probably gonna get a web browser, they are all like: :o wooooooooot! :kickass:
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
Quote:i am very pleased that so many of you are looking forward to our progress with the effort, keep the support coming, we love to read it!

ofcourse we will, just as long as you keep the updates coming! Smile i dunno about anybody else but i hate to be in the dark when im looking forward to something.
nevermind lol
hmmmmm its been almost a week..........is it weird that im counting the days!? :joker:
(incognegro @ may 09 2005,13:24 Wrote:is it weird that im counting the days!?
you're not alone :lol:
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
...all good things are worth waiting for Wink
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC4