[LINUX] Hardware acceleration contractor needed
I hope this is okay to post. We're in need and we think we can give back to the XBMC community.

I've got an immediate short-term contract opportunity for some developer. You can help an exciting new product get to market, contribute to the XBMC code base, and get paid for your troubles.

I work for a small startup that is using XBMC on Fedora 14 with an Atom chip and Intel's EMGD video drivers. It has VAAPI hardware acceleration and we have been able to get good results for mplayer and some other tools but we have had very poor results with the built-in player on XBMC. We don't know where the problem is coming from and we don't have the skills in house to track it down. We're looking for a skilled developer who has some experience with hardware acceleration (preferably with the built-in xbmc player) who can help us get a build of XBMC with high-def playback on our platform. We're happy to have any general changes go back into the xbmc codebase so this could be an opportunity to fund some development and bug-fixing for the XBMC project.

We're located in Vancouver, BC, Canada, so if you're legally able to work here and are interested in the opportunity, please send your resume via PM or email at [email protected].
Sounds good, but first we might be able to help you with your existing setup. I'm interested in the poor results you're getting with the built-in player. You might just need a driver update or some settings change, and for that we'll help you out for free. Perhaps you could go into more detail on that.
I think you could be right but that has not been easy for us to accomplish. We were only able to get our EMGD drivers working on Fedora 14 which has locked us into older versions of other libraries and tools. After reading of the success others have had with VAAPI on Ubuntu, we tried to upgrade but we couldn't figure out a path. We did get a build of Eden running with VAAPI on Fedora 14 but there were several problems, documented here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115789

At this point I think we've exhausted all of the answers that are easy for us. If it really is an easy fix for someone then everyone wins, and if it's more complicated and involves some code changes then we'll help fund the work and still everyone wins.

We can open up our platform for remote access in case this is an easy fix and there are some nice hotels nearby (and snow on the ski slopes) in case we need something more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Hardware acceleration contractor needed0