•  Previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4(current)
  • 5
  • 6
  • 10
  • Next 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers..
#46
Has anyone tried this fix on openelec? I can't find the correct directories there.
Reply
#47
The directory is /storage/.xbmc/addons/metadata.common.allmusic.com

Thanks much for the script
Reply
#48
Big Grin
stinkupuss Wrote:The directory is /storage/.xbmc/addons/metadata.common.allmusic

Thanks much for the script
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon AVR-3808CI - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray - X-Box 360 - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Reply
#49
stinkupuss Wrote:The directory is /storage/.xbmc/addons/metadata.common.allmusic.com

Strange, mine was missing that directory, even if I have allmusic set as the scrapper. I'll remove and reinstall allmusic scrapper and will see if it fixes that.
Thanks!
Reply
#50
@DDDamian,

Thanks for the script. Worked 1st time:
win 7 x64
xbmc pre-eden
allmusic 2.07
Reply
#51
Glad it's all good. Cool
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon AVR-3808CI - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray - X-Box 360 - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Reply
#52
Thanks for the useful information, I've spent all day getting my music collection tagged and then hit this issue.

I'm using OSX, and I've modified the allmusic.xml file at:

/<user name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/metadata.common.allmusic.com

And I've rebooted.

But I'm still getting the copyright message. Is there a second location that needs to be updated similar to Windows?
Reply
#53
By chance, did you at any point export music library to file? If so, you would have artist.nfo and album.nfo files in your music directorys. These always override scrapping. I had this problem and took me a while to figure it out. Need to delete those and rescrape.
Reply
#54
@DDDamian

Scrapping from album.nfo containing an allmusic URL appears to be broken. The scrapper just hangs. Note sure if this is because of the updated script.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...y#Albums_2

Are you able to confirm?

Eden Beta 2.
Reply
#55
stinkupuss Wrote:By chance, did you at any point export music library to file?

If that was a question for me, then no I checked and there aren't any .nfo files anywhere in my music directories. It certainly appears as though the new xml file just isn't getting picked up.
Reply
#56
@stinkupuss - Reading from an NFO is outside of the changes made to the script. As noted XBMC will prefer the NFO file. If it contains broken references you might have to rename/delete it and rescrape.

@AndrewWoz - that should be correct. Please duplicate the change in your /XBMC/Addons directory (XBMC in this case being the application folder, not the userdata path). Another user in this thread reported that worked for him.

Watch that you don't end up with different versions in these two paths.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon AVR-3808CI - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray - X-Box 360 - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Reply
#57
DDDamian Wrote:@stinkupuss - Reading from an NFO is outside of the changes made to the script. As noted XBMC will prefer the NFO file. If it contains broken references you might have to rename/delete it and rescrape.

@AndrewWoz - that should be correct. Please duplicate the change in your /XBMC/Addons directory (XBMC in this case being the application folder, not the userdata path). Another user in this thread reported that worked for him.

Watch that you don't end up with different versions in these two paths.

Thanks for this Smile Going to give it a try now. Wish I would of looked before updating my library Sad 3 hours later and just a slew of copyright msgs.
Reply
#58
I can't get this to work for some odd reason. The version numbers are showing up correctly, but it still gives me the same copyright message.

I ended up creating the metadata.artists.allmusic.com folder, so there was no actual allmusic.xml to overwrite.

I am in the \\special\ in that it's AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\
Reply
#59
I was able to find a metadata.common.allmusic not inside the \\special\ area. That seemed to do the trick, adding itself there, in that I no longer get the copyright notice. Instead I'm receiving the "no biography for this artist" message.
Reply
#60
fional Wrote:I was able to find a metadata.common.allmusic not inside the \\special\ area. That seemed to do the trick, adding itself there, in that I no longer get the copyright notice. Instead I'm receiving the "no biography for this artist" message.

Are you getting that with artists who clearly have a bio on the AMG website?

And it seems that if there is no metadata.common.allmusic directory in your special folder XBMC looks in the install folder, based on some of the comments above. Pls make sure in one of the two locations you have the actual file patched in this thread.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon AVR-3808CI - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray - X-Box 360 - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Reply
  •  Previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4(current)
  • 5
  • 6
  • 10
  • Next 



Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers..32