• 2(current)
Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers..
ok, getting somewhere now. you need to change scrapers in settings under audio, not from the context sensitive menu in artists/albums,

lastFM is good at scraping the artist but the album info is not there for a lot of my albums.

thanks for the help though!
be kind, rewind
dirtymurt Wrote:ok, getting somewhere now. you need to change scrapers in settings under audio, not from the context sensitive menu in artists/albums, !

yeah, sorry that's what I meant by default scraper (globally)

and yeah, LastFM sucks, that's why the Dammit in the original post Laugh

glad I could help
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hello,
Dealing with the same issue.

Can I manually add my own Album review? Any directions on how to do it?
86themachine Wrote:Hello,
Dealing with the same issue.

Can I manually add my own Album review? Any directions on how to do it?

Highly recommend XWMM available here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643

Note that if you have the patience you can copy-paste the AllMusic review Laugh
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
To: DDDamian

Thanks Ill check it out asap.
With the help of a friend much more gifted than I, we found a solution to retreive artist bio & album info from AllMusic again (the best scraper IMHO).

1. Copy the raw script from the link below:
http://pastebin.com/sTRfsTpF

2. Paste it into a text file with Wordpad or a text/XML editor of your choice.

3. Save the file to \\special\addons\metadata.common.allmusic.com\allmusic.xml

4. Click yes to overwrite the existing file.

If you need help locating your \\special directory see here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata

Voila! The scraper will pull the data again. Credit to a better Python coder than I Cool
DDDamian Wrote:With the help of a friend much more gifted than I, we found a solution to retreive artist bio & album info from AllMusic again (the best scraper IMHO).

1. Copy the raw script from the link below:
http://pastebin.com/sTRfsTpF

2. Paste it into a text file with Wordpad or a text/XML editor of your choice.

3. Save the file to \\special\addons\metadata.common.allmusic.com\allmusic.xml

4. Click yes to overwrite the existing file.

If you need help locating your \\special directory see here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata

Voila! The scraper will pull the data again. Credit to a better Python coder than I Cool
Very cool, thanks! Too bad re-scraping is a such a pain. Is there any better way than to delete all sources, clean library, and then re-add and re-scan everything?
Unfortunately still not scraping. Sad

EDIT: Nevermind... got it working, see 2 posts down.

Using Eden beta 1, Aeon MQ 3 1.2.1, Win7 x64.
@john6555 - Re-check, there is a subtle difference and it is functional. Don't forget to refresh the info.

Please note that this enables retrieval of publically viewable info for private library archival purposes and not for any commercial gain, concepts both entrenched in fair usage in many countries. I should make clear that it was a private inititiative to modify open-source code for that purpose, and was not prompted nor provided by Team XBMC. I'll add the discalimer that if this does not meet the concept of fair usage in your jurisdiction please do not make use of the code provided by my friend. Any potential user of the modification should consult their local laws and practices. If you have confirmed this to be within the realm of free use in your jurisdiction be aware that you do this at your sole discretion and on your own initiative.
Thumbs Up 
DDDamian Wrote:@john6555 - Re-check, there is a subtle difference and it is functional. Don't forget to refresh the info.

You are correct, it is slightly different, I'm not sure why the first time WinMerge said they are identical!

I did get it working, but I had to modify the allmusic.xml in the Program Files folder on Windows in addition to the \\special directory one.

Thanks a million!
john6555 Wrote:You are correct, it is slightly different, I'm not sure why the first time WinMerge said they are identical!

I did get it working, but I had to modify the allmusic.xml in the Program Files folder on Windows in addition to the \\special directory one.

Thanks a million!

You're welcome Wink Please be sure you have read what I posted above. This is a private modification I'm providing a link to, and is in no way part of the official XBMC releases.
@DDDamian: This allows me to scrap, but for some odd reason, if an artist's bio has a link to another artist in the first line it instead scrapes that artist's page (ie, http://allmusic.com/artist/the-strokes-p478260 gives me info about Buddy Holly instead of The Strokes).
Mman Wrote:@DDDamian: This allows me to scrap, but for some odd reason, if an artist's bio has a link to another artist in the first line it instead scrapes that artist's page (ie, http://allmusic.com/artist/the-strokes-p478260 gives me info about Buddy Holly instead of The Strokes).

Interesting!? I see the page you're referring to - will check some of mine and see if I can duplicate. Just so you know - I'm not very experienced in Python so I can't guarantee a solution.

EDIT: I can confirm that's happening - will dig a little deeper....
DDDamian Wrote:EDIT: I can confirm that's happening - will dig a little deeper....

Pushed a fix - your scraper should auto-update if you are using a recent build.

Can you confirm it's working correctly now? In your test example mine's good now.
DDDamian Wrote:Pushed a fix - your scraper should auto-update if you are using a recent build.

Can you confirm it's working correctly now? In your test example mine's good now.

What version is the fixed scraper? Don't think mine has updated yet...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers..2