Resolution change on launch
mudwater Wrote:Still wonky picture for me on ATV1 with dec10 nightly

ok, thanks.
On AppleTV1, now screen sometimes flashes blue, sometimes green, sometimes nothing then goes black, and still no picture. Sad
MacBook Pro 13", XBMC v12.1
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
Here's a debug log from my AppleTV1: http://pastebin.com/H0c47SEL

Using 20111210-f1ae0b6 build.
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
Here's another debug log after removing the guisettings.xml file completely before starting: http://pastebin.com/k69EfGZF

Using 20111210-f1ae0b6 build.
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
Looking at the logs, why does it not pick up any of the 1080p resolutions either? My AppleTV is running 1920x1080@60 before starting XBMC, but then never recognizes that resolution. Odd.
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
sceaga Wrote:Looking at the logs, why does it not pick up any of the 1080p resolutions either? My AppleTV is running 1920x1080@60 before starting XBMC, but then never recognizes that resolution. Odd.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Apple_TV_1_FAQ#HD

Quote:•The original ATV OS will only output 720P from the HDMI port.
•A Linux-based OS will output full 1080P from the HDMI port.
Ok, but I swear it was not switching resolutions before. In any case, this does not explain why I get black screen now.
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
Ok, I'm really miffed and irritated right now. If I completely remove all the XBMC stuff and manually reinstall the 20111124 version that I know worked on my AppleTV1, it still goes black screen when running XBMC, and I'm running with fresh install. Has XBMC somehow corrupted my AppleTV setup somehow? I cannot seem to get any older version to run now, and it was working perfectly before I updated it on 12/06
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
sceaga Wrote:Ok, but I swear it was not switching resolutions before. In any case, this does not explain why I get black screen now.

Should be fixed in git trunk. Display resolution switching has been excluded from 10.4 runtime.
sceaga Wrote:Ok, I'm really miffed and irritated right now. If I completely remove all the XBMC stuff and manually reinstall the 20111124 version that I know worked on my AppleTV1, it still goes black screen when running XBMC, and I'm running with fresh install. Has XBMC somehow corrupted my AppleTV setup somehow? I cannot seem to get any older version to run now, and it was working perfectly before I updated it on 12/06

check guisettings.xml
Check it for what? I completely deleted my XBMC settings and started from scratch with only the advancedsettings.xml file and the old 20111124 doesn't work either. What the heck?
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
Ok, FWIW, I did the following:

1. Deleted XBMC install completely and all settings.
2. Reinstalled XBMC 10.1 (Dharma)
3. Still didn't work
4. Rebooted AppleTV (unplugged / replugged)
5. Dharma now works.
6. Updated to nightly 20111210
7. Nightly now works.

Apparently something really got stored someplace in the running processes or cache that prevented it from restoring back to normal. So apparently a reboot fixes it, no idea WHY something like this would be so permanent on a running AppleTV.

I'll try going back to my original XBMC settings (that I saved) and see if 20111210 still works.
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
Ok, after step 6. above:

7. Exit XBMC (Nightly)
8. Start XBMC (Nightly) again
9. Black screen ... aarrrgggh!
10. Reboot AppleTV
11. Start XBMC (Nightly), works...
12. Exit XBMC (Nightly)
13. Start XBMC (Nightly), black screen!

Something is seriously wrong with this build. How can XBMC screw up my AppleTV so badly that it can't display properly after an exit when it worked the previous timeHuh?
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
Are you paying attention to my post or just ranting ? Smile

The AppleTV(1) has always have strange video handling. Backing in the early days, it was hit or miss in grabbing the display away from frontrow. The penalty was a black screen.
Are you paying attention to mine? I have tried deleting my guisettings.xml every time, and it still screws up after quitting and restarting it. I have to reboot my AppleTV every time. I've said this multiple times.

What else can I provide here? Is 20111210 supposed to work or not? Do I need to wait for the 20111211 build?
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution change on launch0