Music: Album Artist and Compilations
Hi Guys

Recently started rolling out XBMC to replace my Windows MCE installs, got a shared library running on a central server, and four XBMC installs throughout the house.

I have a problem with the Music Library though, in Media Center the Album Artist was used to identify exactly that, Album Artists, so all my compilations had their Album Artist MP3 tag set to "Compilation", and then the Artist MP3 tag had the Artist name for the relevant song, this worked great in Media Center because all my individual artists came up on their own, and all my compilation albums were under the 'artist' Compilations

Is it possible to get this working in XBMC? At the moment my library is a mess.

Regards
No one? Sad

I noticed on my Squeezebox it also uses the "Album Artist" of "Compilations" correctly?
xrapidx Wrote:No one? Sad

I noticed on my Squeezebox it also uses the "Album Artist" of "Compilations" correctly?

Hi

It should work the same way.

Try disabling the first setting in the audio library page ("Iclude artists only on compilations")

Also read this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post963056

JP
I have my music tagged the same way you do except that Albumartist = Various Artists for compilations and artist = track artist. I'm not sure that this would make any difference, however by default if the artists for the same album are not the same (i.e. it is a compilation) and the albumartist tag is not set then XBMC will set the albumartist to "various artists" in the library. See the wiki for more details.

Disabling the "include artists that only appear on compilations" should make your library cleaner when viewed by artist
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
jpukki Wrote:Hi

It should work the same way.

Try disabling the first setting in the audio library page ("Iclude artists only on compilations")

Also read this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post963056

JP

Yeh - tried that, it didn't work - its a complete mess... maybe I need to clear my library and try again - it seems to ignore the AlbumArtist tag and only use the ArtistTag

rocketpants Wrote:I have my music tagged the same way you do except that Albumartist = Various Artists for compilations and artist = track artist. I'm not sure that this would make any difference, however by default if the artists for the same album are not the same (i.e. it is a compilation) and the albumartist tag is not set then XBMC will set the albumartist to "various artists" in the library. See the wiki for more details.

Disabling the "include artists that only appear on compilations" should make your library cleaner when viewed by artist

I'll try retag my "Compulations" for AlbumArtist to Various Artists - does yours display correct?
hmmm... the bug seems to be somewhere else.

XBMC keeps scanning Music locations I've deleted, I've checked the sources.xml file - and it does't contain the sources being scanned.... I even tried uninstalling XBMC and deleting the folder - and on reinstall it rescans the folders.
OK, I realize that this is an old post, but I seem to be having the same problem:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212438

Was there any resolution??

Thanks.
I hope so too....

It's a complete mess with all those featured artists in the Artist-Tag...

Here only Album-Artist is an ownstanding metadata

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music: Album Artist and Compilations0