[WINDOWS] TV Shows in Library
Hello. I can't seem to get my TV Shows to scan into my library. All my movies work fine. I think it may be an issue with the naming conventions. According to This Post, I don't see mine in there. I understand you can create a custom one in an xml file which looks like regex. I do not understand regex and tried to find some tutorials on google, but it looks difficult and extremely confusing.

This is my structure:
Root Drive
-- NCIS
---- Season 01
------ NCIS s01e01 - Yankee White.mkv

Could someone possibly write a matching expression that can capture this who has more experience and might find this easy? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!
Star 
Root Drive

folders-> NCIS->Season 01->NCIS.s01e01.Yankee White.mkv

Should do it... make sure you have 'set' the content to a TV scraper.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...3513&lid=7
Spork985,
I have mine set as:

Recorded TV>Chuck>ChuckS05E01.720p.HDTV.X264

You should have one folder per TV series and then within that folder add your series.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aaron
Try using
NCIS (2003)
-----Season 01
----------NCIS (2003) s01e02.mkv

There are a few different NCIS , so maybe the year will help. Have had to do that in past to get a show to work.
Tight_wad Wrote:Try using
NCIS (2003)
-----Season 01
----------NCIS (2003) s01e02.mkv

There are a few different NCIS , so maybe the year will help. Have had to do that in past to get a show to work.

NCIS is how it's listed in thetvdb and works fine without the date. I think when I first started with XBMC that the e scanner does not like the source being the root drive...need one folder called TVSeries or something then the series folders.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
spork985 Wrote:Hello. I can't seem to get my TV Shows to scan into my library. All my movies work fine. I think it may be an issue with the naming conventions. According to This Post, I don't see mine in there. I understand you can create a custom one in an xml file which looks like regex. I do not understand regex and tried to find some tutorials on google, but it looks difficult and extremely confusing.

This is my structure:
Root Drive
-- NCIS
---- Season 01
------ NCIS s01e01 - Yankee White.mkv

Could someone possibly write a matching expression that can capture this who has more experience and might find this easy? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Does your root drive only contain TV Shows because as you have it now your root drive would need content set as "TV Shows" if your setting content TV shows on the NCIS folder it wont work

Before you go renaming everything as long as you have in the episode filename S01E01 in a form XBMC supports and they are in a folder with the show name it should scrape fine

I tried exactly what you have and it works fine

Even just the following would work everything else is optional

TV Shows
-- NCIS
---- S01E01.mkv
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Not sure if you have he same issue as me:
http:// http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116697

I also could not add new episodes to the library through the libray update command.
However, when I run 'scan for new content on a folder with only one show it worked.
Try running the command on you NCIS folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] TV Shows in Library0