• 6(current)
WIP revolve
Here is Revolve 2.0.0~beta2. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 2.0.0~beta2 on GitHub.

Thanks to player594, I've tried to improve the interface for mouse and touch control (I don't use Revolve on a touch device, but I hope that the changes for mouse control work equally well for touch devices):
- Many windows now have a Back-button in the lower right corner (but only if you enable this button: Settings > Revolve > Miscellaneous Settings > enable the option 'Back button'). I've tried this Back-button in several diferent locations, but I think the lower right corners works best. It doesn't hide any other information because that corner is often occupied by the music or video overlay.
- If you click on the icon of the music or video overlay in the lower right corner, you'll activate the player controls. And the player controls now feature a Close-button.
- The Side Menu should open if you move the mouse over the border (a small part of the Side Menu must be visible for this to work), and hopefully this works on touch devices too.
- I've realigned some lists in an attempt to improve the scrolling on a touch device, and I've added a debug option to show these lists in the background.

Other changes are new images for the player controls, artwork for the Home Menu circle for the Radio-option, some interface improvements, and some bug fixes.

I still need to add a background for the Radio-option in the Home Menu, and I've probably added some new bugs in this beta-release, so I expect at least another beta-release before the final 2.0.0 release.
The back button works great. Tnx for that. Scrolling has improved a lot too. Still having issues reading some text but I might not have something set right not sure. I'll keep testing.
Really like this skin. Only issue is that the OSD player controls don't work with a remote or keyboard.
@Bloodforge: I rewrote the OSD player controls in the last beta release. I put them all in a grouplist, hoping that the grouplist would handle the navigation between the controls. Obviously, it didn't work. But the keyboard navigation will be fixed in the next beta-release.

@player594: I've tried to improve the scrolling a bit more in the next beta-release, especially in some views.
Here is Revolve 2.0.0~beta3. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 2.0.0~beta3 on GitHub.

This release consists of several small improvements and bugfixes:
- I've added a background for the Radio-option in the Home Menu.
- I've fixed the keyboard navigation for the OSD player controls.
- I've updated some other controls and icons for a more consistent interface.

This release is hopefully the last beta-release for Revolve for Kodi Helix. If no bugs are found in the next week, I'll make a 2.0.0 release and move on to Kodi Isengard.
I found an ugly bug in the previous beta-release, so I made another one: Revolve 2.0.0~beta4. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 2.0.0~beta4 on GitHub.

This release consists of several minor improvements:
- I've added groups to the Side Menu. These groups
- I've fixed an ugly bug (and a few other bugs as well).

Here is a screenshot with the groups in the Side Menu. If you upgrade from a previous version of Revolve, these groups are disabled by default. If you want to enable them, or if you don't like these groups and you want to disable them, go to Settings > Revolve > Miscellaneous Settings > Group Item in the Side Menu.

Groups in the Side Menu (and the Back Button in the lower right corner)

This release is (again) hopefully the last beta-release for Revolve for Kodi Helix. If no bugs are found in the next week, I'll make a 2.0.0 release and move on to Kodi Isengard.
I didn't find any bugs, so here is the final release for Kodi Helix: Revolve 2.0.0. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 2.0.0 on GitHub.

Nothing has changed since the last beta, I only updated the version. This release is the final release for Revolve for Kodi Helix (although I might make a new release for translations or a nasty bug).

And now I'll start with the changes for Kodi Isengard...
(2015-10-31, 00:21)Malthus Wrote: I didn't find any bugs, so here is the final release for Kodi Helix: Revolve 2.0.0. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 2.0.0 on GitHub.

Nothing has changed since the last beta, I only updated the version. This release is the final release for Revolve for Kodi Helix (although I might make a new release for translations or a nasty bug).

And now I'll start with the changes for Kodi Isengard...
Really good work. Fast and slick. Look forward to Isengard version. Hopefully custom background and skin shortcuts...
Here is Revolve 3.0.0~beta1. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 3.0.0~beta1 on GitHub. I've made a lot of changes and only did a little testing, so use this release at your own risk!

This release consists of many small updates and improvements, and some bugfixes:
- I've updated many windows (and other files) for Kodi Isengard.
- I've fixed some bugs.
- I've introduced some new bugs.

The changes in the skinning engine from Helix to Isengard were pretty small, except for one thing: the new includes with parameters! These new includes greatly reduce the amount of duplicate code. For example, now it is much easier to create labels with an outline. But to benefit from these includes, I have to rewrite large parts of Revolve. I've tried to fix other issues as well, but unfortunately I've introduced some new bugs.

I've tried to add a new busy-animation, but instead I managed to break the busy-animation skinsetting. Sad Now you can select the new busy-animation, but the circles-animation is not available and the skinsetting always lists the arrows-animation (even when you've selected the spiral animation). I'll fix this in the next release, along with many other bugs.

Other new features, like custom backgrounds will have to wait a little bit longer (sorry, Damac10).
Here is Revolve 3.0.0~beta2. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 3.0.0~beta2 on GitHub.

This release consists of many small updates and improvements, and some bugfixes:
- I've updated many windows and other files to improve the quality of the code.
- I've added some skin settings for better skin customization.
- I've fixed some bugs.
- I've introduced at least one new bug (the on-screen debug information is broken).

The next release will probably consist of more code improvements, and some small interface changes. When the code quality is good enough, I'll start adding new features.
Warning: I renamed a lot of skin settings. So if you upgrade from a previous version of Revolve, you probably have to reconfigure your skin settings (Home Menu -> Settings -> Revolve), because some settings might be cleared!

Here is Revolve 3.0.0~beta3. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 3.0.0~beta3 on GitHub.

I expected to make some small changes for this beta-release, but things worked out differently. Now it consists of some serious changes and improvements, and some bugfixes:
- I've changed the main font of Revolve. It looks a bit different, but I think this new font (which is not really new, the regular version was already used for the subtitles in the Home Menu) works out pretty well.
- I've added and removed some background animations. You can set the level of animations in the background in the skin settings.
- I've added some more options to customize your view. Now you can use squared thumbnails for the Thumbnails-view instead of round thumbnails.
- I've moved some scripts around to solve error messages in the Kodi-log. If you disable the title screen, and do not use a login screen, you might experience some issues with the circle items in the Home Menu (I'm investigating this).
- I've fixed some bugs.

The next release will probably consist of bugfixes. When the code quality is good enough, I'll start adding new features.
Here is Revolve 3.0.0~beta4. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 3.0.0~beta4 on GitHub.

I've made a lot of changes for this beta-release, but it all boils down to:
- I've added and tweaked some background animations, changed some windows and improved the readability of some texts.
- I've fixed some bugs.

The next release will probably consist of more bugfixes and small improvements. And I'll try to have Revolve added to the official Kodi repository, although I don't know if it will succeed.
Yesterday, Revolve 3.0.1 was added to the official Kodi-repository for Kodi Isengard. Now, you can install or update the Revolve-skin from within Kodi > Settings > Add-ons > Available Updates. Big Grin

I've made a lot of small, mostly technical changes for this release:
- I've moved the scripts directory to a separate add-on (to comply with the repository guidelines).
- I've added a license.
- I've added and tweaked and fixed some background animations.
- I've fixed some bugs.

The next release will probably consist of more bugfixes and small improvements, and maybe some new featueres.
@Malthus congratulations and happy new year
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hi, just wanted to day Thank you, one of the best skin in long time Smile.

One major improvement which I miss is the IMDB votes. I.E I can see the IMDb avrage score but not how many ppl have voted. Would you be kind and include that or is it easy to do that manually please?

Thnx
Feejus
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
revolve5