• 9(current)
WIP revolve
@Juansif, thanks for your message. The script that loaded the Circle Items wasn't always executed. Part of the problem was premature optimization, and another part was that the default control wasn't always set. I've fixed both issues, and it will be part of the next beta-release.
Thank you Malthus for your quick response and I look forward to the next beta.
Today I got an Error Exception Caught On Main Loop,Exiting error. It was caused by TVaddons which every now and then they post something about updates or something like that. It seem to have some kind of conflict with the revolve script. I timed it just right and was able to close the message just before it kicked me out again. Once I closed the message it worked perfectly, I don't know what this TVaddons message is actually saying but I get it every month or so, I just click dismiss and move on. I have disabled the auto update for TVaddons as a work around.
(2016-02-26, 04:06)Juansif Wrote: Thank you Malthus for your quick response and I look forward to the next beta.

@Juansif, The beta with the fix (I hope) is available now. If you're feeling adventurous, you can download it from GitHub.

(2016-02-18, 13:35)saragusa Wrote: I think i found a bug that concerns scraper mode for the movies but, i think, it can concern also other scraper mode (tv show, music, etc.).

@saragusa, I've tried to find this bug, and I think that could reproduce it when adding a movie to the library. If I add a movie to the library, or if I open some music album information, the information is not there. I have to use the 'refresh' button to get the information. I don't know how to solve this (normally I look at Confluence to see how I should do it, but Confluence had the same behaviour).

But as a work-around I made an automatic refresh option (Settings > Revolve > Miscellaneous Options > Auto-refresh the information in dialogs). I really don't know if this solves your problem, but maybe you can give it a try. Smile
I tried 4.0.1 beta2 unfortunately it still does not show new videos in the circle menu unless I change the color scheme. Did I need to uninstall beta1 first, I just installed beta2 over beta1.
@Juansif, I'm sorry to hear that the Circle Items are not updated on your system. There is no need to uninstall beta1, you can just install beta2 over beta1 (as you did).

I think that the Circle Items are correctly updated when you enter the Home Menu, but maybe the library itself isn't updated immediately. Maybe you can try one of these options:
- Refresh the library after you added a movie: go to videos > select the new movie > open the context menu (by pressing 'c') > Movie information > Refresh.
- Refresh the library after you added a movie: go to movies > open the Side Menu > Update library (this updates your complete library, it may take some time if your library is big).
- Try another source for the Circle Items, for instance 'Recent Movies (provided by Screen Widgets)'.
- Try to scan for new content: go to videos > files > select (the folder with) the new movie > open the context menu (by pressing 'c') > Scan for new content.

I'll keep looking into this problem, but I don't expect a solution very soon. So I hope one of these suggestions work for you.
Ughh....never should have updated to Jarvis. lol Everything crashes all the time. haha. Oh well.

Just a few things. First, Malthus, you've made a lot of improvements! Kudos!! The red on gray doesn't look how I imagined it, but it's still nice to see more options.

It seems in movies, in the panel view, the left and right stretch past the screen. My screen is formatted correctly. It seems to be even more cut off in the panel view in sets. I would be happy to post pictures but don't see the ability to do so on the forum.
(2016-03-03, 00:04)Borg-101 Wrote: Ughh....never should have updated to Jarvis. lol Everything crashes all the time. haha. Oh well.

Just a few things. First, Malthus, you've made a lot of improvements! Kudos!! The red on gray doesn't look how I imagined it, but it's still nice to see more options.

It seems in movies, in the panel view, the left and right stretch past the screen. My screen is formatted correctly. It seems to be even more cut off in the panel view in sets. I would be happy to post pictures but don't see the ability to do so on the forum.

I agree that the grey option isn't very special, and I'm probably removing it in the next release. I might even remove the on-black colors too, because I'm making this whole color-thing your problem! With custom colors Big Grin

That the Panels-view stretches past the edges of the screen was a design decision. I think it looks really good when the whole screen is filled with icons. Unfortunately it looks really bad when there are only a few items on screen. My solution was to use the CircleList-view in these cases, but this was a pretty poor solution (as you emphasized with your remark). I'll keep the Panels-view as it is, but I'll add some fixes in the next release so that it looks better with only a few items:

I love this skin. I cant wait for the color picker.

The only issue I have had with this skin is Auto Completion has never worked. Is that something in the works or perhaps an error on my end somewhere?
(2016-03-05, 07:34)vile80r Wrote: The only issue I have had with this skin is Auto Completion has never worked. Is that something in the works or perhaps an error on my end somewhere?

I think that auto-completion is something that is provided by Kodi, so I don't think that I can add auto-completion to Revolve.

Although some bugs in a skin can really disrupt Kodi, so maybe an error in Revolve can disable auto-completion. So if you could point out where you expect the auto-completion to work, I can try to debug that part of the skin. Thanks in advance!
(2016-03-06, 15:26)Malthus Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 07:34)vile80r Wrote: The only issue I have had with this skin is Auto Completion has never worked. Is that something in the works or perhaps an error on my end somewhere?

I think that auto-completion is something that is provided by Kodi, so I don't think that I can add auto-completion to Revolve.

Although some bugs in a skin can really disrupt Kodi, so maybe an error in Revolve can disable auto-completion. So if you could point out where you expect the auto-completion to work, I can try to debug that part of the skin. Thanks in advance!

I think you are correct. I'm not sure if Kodi has an autocompletion natively. If it does I don't know where it is.

I was using the Rapier skin and it turns out that this add-on came with the Rapier skin as a feature. It is a separate add-on but the skin has to include support for it.

It functions like Google Search. For instance, inside a video add-on like 1channel or YouTube when you click Search to look for the content you want to find, the Virtual Keyboard pops up. As you type, it is showing guesses at the bottom of the Virtual Keyboard as to what you may be trying to look for. And, the guesses are based on popular searches on YouTube or Google etc.

It's just a really convenient feature to have on a HTPC when you are using an Xbox controller to pick letters on the virtual keyboard.

I don't know how hard it is to implement something like that and maybe it's not a feature a lot of users are requesting so if it's not worth the effort to implement it, I understand. But, the links to the add-on and the source files on Github can be found at http://cordcutting.com/kodi-addon/plugin...ompletion/

Thanks for taking a look. This skin is great.
(2016-03-07, 08:14)vile80r Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 15:26)Malthus Wrote:

I think you are correct. I'm not sure if Kodi has an autocompletion natively. If it does I don't know where it is.

I was using the Rapier skin and it turns out that this add-on came with the Rapier skin as a feature. It is a separate add-on but the skin has to include support for it.

It functions like Google Search. For instance, inside a video add-on like 1channel or YouTube when you click Search to look for the content you want to find, the Virtual Keyboard pops up. As you type, it is showing guesses at the bottom of the Virtual Keyboard as to what you may be trying to look for. And, the guesses are based on popular searches on YouTube or Google etc.

It's just a really convenient feature to have on a HTPC when you are using an Xbox controller to pick letters on the virtual keyboard.

I don't know how hard it is to implement something like that and maybe it's not a feature a lot of users are requesting so if it's not worth the effort to implement it, I understand. But, the links to the add-on and the source files on Github can be found at http://cordcutting.com/kodi-addon/plugin...ompletion/

Thanks for taking a look. This skin is great.

To be honest, I always thought this was a skin feature. I enjoyed it with the other skins and have kind of missed it, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I tried adding the addon and it said failed every time. I looked at the description and it does indeed say "needs skin support". Someone should add it to the feature request section. I would but I'm the only person making requests and I don't want to be the only one. lol
(2016-03-07, 08:14)vile80r Wrote: I don't know how hard it is to implement something like that and maybe it's not a feature a lot of users are requesting so if it's not worth the effort to implement it, I understand. But, the links to the add-on and the source files on Github can be found at http://cordcutting.com/kodi-addon/plugin...ompletion/

Thanks for your reply. I've had a look at auto-completion in Rapier and it doesn't look very hard to add.

Right now I'm working on the final release for Revolve 4.1.0 (the same as Revolve 4.0.1, but I think that the custom colors deserve more than just a minor version). It is too late to add new features to this release, so I'll try to add it to the next release: Revolve 4.1.1.
Looks like the option to hide watched is missing.. Am I missing something here? Love the skin but hiding watched shows/movies is up there on importance. Thanks!
Thanks for mentioning the 'hide watched' option, it was missing. I fixed the option, and it will be added in the next release of Revolve.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
revolve5