Xbmc creates thumbnails that are 2Gb in size. How to stop that
Sometimes it is good to be home sick, as I have time to pursue this. Wink

Right now I have two win7 and a windows server 2008 where all files are located and that means that the Hanewin nfs server are installed there as well.
And one of the win7 are, for testing this now, a single user machine with all data stored in roaming/xbmc/userdata. My aTV and the second win7 have xbmc from nov 19 installed and uses the mysqldb.

I tried to connect to my different nfs paths one by one testing if some or all gave the large tbns. but it seems to be all of them (I tried about four).

The strange thing is that when I see that an image is starting to grow, I close xbmc. The window disappears and the xbmc.log ends nicely with:
11:11:57 T:6200 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
11:11:57 T:6200 NOTICE: Saving settings
11:11:57 T:6200 NOTICE: stop all
But xbmc is still running in the task manager, locking the file, forcing me to kill the process.

And If i try to stop the scan in the right click menu (instead of closing xbmc as above), the whole application freezes, forcing me to kill it. So there is some threads that is really locked...

I can try any ugly workaround you throw at me, maybe with implemented debug tools. Wink
Is this an atv2 or atv1 (osx or linux)? Because its a pain to compile for windows Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
it's an aTV2. I did not think that important as I had left it out of the equation early on.
i'll get you something for your atv2 in some mins...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Could you try this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xbm...esgrow.deb
I'll download it right now and will try it out tomorrow.
Thanks
and whatever the result is ... post a log then please ...
The thumbnails are still growing.

I ran it four times with some tweaks in between, I hope there are some clues in the logs!
All the logs and some info on the differences between them are in this file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1849060/xbmc_huge_tbn_logs.zip
Tore Wrote:The thumbnails are still growing.

I ran it four times with some tweaks in between, I hope there are some clues in the logs!
All the logs and some info on the differences between them are in this file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1849060/xbmc_huge_tbn_logs.zip

Nice buglogging dude. But unfortunatly you didn't have turned "Debugging" in "Settings->System" turned on Sad (so the log doesn't have all the printouts it should have).

For one more try it would be enough for having one log only where you got a growing file, and state which file it was - while having debugging turned on.

Though i'm a bit confused that the issue still appears. I thought i've catched the only reason why this could happen - obviously i was tricked again here - *note to myself: kill murphy, his family, his pets and his friends*
Do you have .nfo files in your video folders? And which scraper are you using?
Damn, damn, damn - forgetting to set it on debug... Oh well.

I mostly use EMM nowadays but I have tried others as well before I found that one.

I added three nfos here two from movies that made large thumbs and one that worked.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1849060/xbmc_logs.zip

Edit: Forgot to mention that all three .nfos are taken from video_ts folders. I actually only have a few dvds and most of them seem to be in this location. The bug do not appear on dvds only.
And the growing file is the last one in the log: 0851c3b8.tbn
thx ... well you basically use nearly the same setup as i. I'm using EMM for generating nfo files aswell. Damn i'm really curious what that bug would be. Unfortunatly no of my printouts get hit (so my workaround is wrong). I stillt don't see the issue in the code ... will have to put my glasses on again later these days Wink
I think i'll have to make you another version with even more debugprintouts to catch this. Sorry for stealing your time here - but you seem to be really good in reproducing this Smile

I'll come back to you in a couple of hours after work ...
No problem.

I have some more pieces of info that I forgot earlier. I do not use EMM daily anymore. Most of the nfos are created by Couchpotato or Sickbeard. On the other hand, neither of the files you got were created by them.
ok ... some more debugoutputs in here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xbm...sgrow2.deb

Please run with debuggin turned on and post xbmc.log after growing issue as usual Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc creates thumbnails that are 2Gb in size. How to stop that0