• 4(current)
Broken Weather Underground
Can I change to show Fahrenheit rather than Centigrade?
vskatusa Wrote:Can I change to show Fahrenheit rather than Centigrade?

xbmc settings -> appearance -> international
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Quote:xbmc settings -> appearance -> international

That did it ! Thanks
Hi, I found an odd issue with RC 2 where XBMC seems to hang when using a master lock code and editing the weather settings.

Go into System settings and enter a lock code and check these options
"Lock programs & scripts..."
"Lock file manager"
"Lock settings"
"Lock Add-on manager"

Then go into weather settings and change your location. You should get prompted for the lock code before you can enter a new location. Enter a new location (or just escape that without changing anything).

Then back out of settings altogether to return to the home screen. When I do this XBMC seems to hang. I just see the home screen wallpaper with no menu. Waited several minutes and nothing happens. Need to kill the app.

log: http://pastebin.com/mSJz86ah
jaime_s Wrote:Hi, I found an odd issue with RC 2 where XBMC seems to hang when using a master lock code and editing the weather settings.

thanx for reporting the issue.

i've been able to reproduce and created a ticket for it:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12766
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Trying RC2
In Toronto Canada
Set Appearance settings - International set to Canada
System Settings - Network - Internet Access - NO proxy server enabled

In Weather settings - Location 1 - Have entered:
"Toronto"
"Toronto, Ontario"
..etc...

Keep getting "script failed weather wunderground"

Have restarted XBMC to make sure all changes are active.

log is here: RC2 Weather Underground - Toronto Canada

(2012-03-12, 23:49)lenbargent Wrote: Keep getting "script failed weather wunderground"

searching for 'Toronto' woks ok on my end

it might be an internet connection issue you're having...
do other addons work ok? the youtube addon for instance
or check if you can install addons from the repo,
and if the rss feed show up.

i've just pushed an update for the weather addon to stop crashing when no internet connection is available.
it will now show a friendly 'no locations found' message.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Will the add-in support Personal Weather Stations?

I attempted to enter the Station ID without any luck.

(2012-03-14, 14:38)technerd Wrote: Will the add-in support Personal Weather Stations?

not currently, but i'm working on an extended version that supports personal weather stations,
airport codes, zip codes and long/lat coordinates.

(2012-03-14, 19:25)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 14:38)technerd Wrote: Will the add-in support Personal Weather Stations?

not currently, but i'm working on an extended version that supports personal weather stations,
airport codes, zip codes and long/lat coordinates.

Awesome.
If you need a BETA tester for the new add-in let me know.
Kind Regards
Ron

Smile 
Hi Ronie.

You were right. It wasn't the weather add-on.

I had been playing with proxy servers. Within IE I had set internet options/connections to use a proxy - thinking that it would only affect IE. Turns out that the setting affects at least some part(s) of XBMC.

I could download add-ons but they would not retrieve any information. (Probably the result of the settings for the proxy I was accidentally using.)

Turned off the proxy in IE and everything is now fine!

Thanks for the help and the friendlier error message. That may help others to pinpoint the issue in the future.

Cheers
I finally got this to work, but.... displays temperature in Celcius rather than Farenheit. I have the International settings correct, and it displays the F not the C. But the temp is wrong. Any ideas? I have already tried deleting the addon database filed, no luck. BTW this is the only weather plugin that works at all for me (I'm on Eden RC2).
(2012-03-16, 23:19)bigdawgte Wrote: I finally got this to work, but.... displays temperature in Celcius rather than Farenheit. I have the International settings correct, and it displays the F not the C. But the temp is wrong. Any ideas? I have already tried deleting the addon database filed, no luck. BTW this is the only weather plugin that works at all for me (I'm on Eden RC2).

which weather location have you selected?
what are the 'language' and 'region' settings in xbmc?
weather location is my home 20##4, Upper Marlboro, MD. Settings International is Language: English, Region: USA.
(2012-03-17, 02:12)bigdawgte Wrote: weather location is my home 20##4, Upper Marlboro, MD. Settings International is Language: English, Region: USA.

would you mind posting a screenshot?
i've tried it and the temps show up correctly on my end.
(2012-03-17, 02:12)bigdawgte Wrote: weather location is my home 20##4, Upper Marlboro, MD. Settings International is Language: English, Region: USA.

oh, and btw, it's most likely being caused by the old xbmc build you're using.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Underground1