• 47(current)
Broken Weather Underground
OK, I'll take the challenge. I got #1129, the last/latest in the series and will see what it does. Will take me sometime no doubt so it will take some time before I will report.
Hi All,

Just discovered this add-on and it looks really reliable! Thanks!

One question: are the views reported in the first post still available? If yes, how to access to them? I'm using Kodi 17 and Estuary skin.

Thanks in advance for any indication.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
screenshots are from the confluence skin and i assume they're still available there.
it will look differently in estuary.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
THanks ronie for your reply.

Unfortunately on Estuary there is not such a nice visualization...just the week and hour forecasts are showed as widget of the Weather menu in the Home screen.

I can live with that anyway! Wink

Thanks for your effort.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Ahh! Finally an API key! Good work! Big Grin
Is there anywhere to set the weather update/refresh rate?

I ask because I have recently got messages from wundeground about 500+ hits a day on my api key. I have 4 raspberry pi set up with kodi (Xbian) and as far as I know there should only be 48 requests per day per pi.

I've had a look via VNC but can't see where how to check what is going on and how to remedy it.

Any ideas appreciated...... Huh
the script makes 3 additional api calls for the weather maps each time it runs.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
So, just to be clear Ronie, does that mean 4 calls per 30 minutes, per device (192 calls per day, per device) ?

Meaning that more than 2 devices on all the time will exceed the 500 calls per day free API limit (3 x 192 = 576)?

Or are the Map calls not utilized unless the addon is opened? (ie: normal home screen weather updates every 30mins doesn't call Maps)

NB: I note that there are "Raindrops" to help cover overages.

Code:
What is a Raindrop?

We know that you will occasionally go over your limit. Thats OK! Raindrops are 'credits' that can be used to cover overages of use to avoid pesky 'denial of service' responses. We've given you 3 Raindrops to start and every week we will give you one more. If you go over your rate limit then a Raindrop will cover the overage.

Interestingly, although I have multiple devices I never seem to have received any over limit messages from Weather Underground, or used any of my Raindrops Huh
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2017-03-28, 19:27)jmh2002 Wrote: So, just to be clear Ronie, does that mean 4 calls per 30 minutes, per device (192 calls per day, per device) ?

Meaning that more than 2 devices on all the time will exceed the 500 calls per day free API limit (3 x 192 = 576)?
correct
(2017-03-28, 19:27)jmh2002 Wrote: Or are the Map calls not utilized unless the addon is opened? (ie: normal home screen weather updates every 30mins doesn't call Maps)

kodi runs the weather addon every 30 minutes IF you are on a window that displays weather info.
this can be the weather window, but also a weather widget on the home screen or just a weather icon on any other page.
Thank you for the clarification, I was not aware of this.

So I either need another api key or I have to move 2 kodi pi installs over to yahoo weather or similar service?

When did these limitations begin as my set up has been the same for a couple of years and yet only this year am I getting the alerts and 'raindrops' penalties.
it's always been like that.
perhaps you switched to another skin, or the skin you've been using made some changes.
Ah yes.....Xbian switched from confulence with the kodi V17 update, so maybe that is the culprit? I'll ask on the Xbian forum and see what they say....

Thanks!
(2017-03-28, 18:56)ronie Wrote: the script makes 3 additional api calls for the weather maps each time it runs.
(2017-03-28, 21:30)ronie Wrote: kodi runs the weather addon every 30 minutes IF you are on a window that displays weather info.
this can be the weather window, but also a weather widget on the home screen or just a weather icon on any other page.

@ronie

Would it be possible/practical to only make the additional api calls for the maps if the addon is actually opened/maps viewed?

As you refer to, many skins display the weather/temperature/icon/widget on various pages permanently, however it maybe seems to be an unnecessary use of the api to call the maps every 30 minutes just because the temperature is displayed within Kodi?

With many users these days now having multiple always on Kodi devices it would be great saving if there was only 1 api call every 30 minutes per device (instead of 4). This would allow up to 10 devices within the 500 calls per day free API limit (10 x 48 = 480), which would hopefully be more than enough for most people.

What do you think?

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
i can't control how often kodi runs the weather addon, nor can the addon detect if maps are currently shown or not.
That's a pity.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Underground1