• 49(current)
Broken Weather Underground
I have checked all the settings and repeated it 3 times to make sure. So now I am using Yahoo weather.
This morning I noticed the weather was at 6 degrees Celsius. I checked it with several other devices and it was correct with Yahoo weather. I then tried Weather Underground again it posted a reading at 18 degrees Celsius. Wrong information. I even changed my API on weather underground web site, that still did not work.
I was just wondering if it is at all possible to get the correct wind speeds in daily forecast? Actually not the wind speed, but the unit. In regional settings i have chosen speed unit in m/s instead of mph or kmh. And when i look at the left pane, current temperature, it shows correctly. But in the right pane, daily forecast, not so much. The unit has changed from kmh to m/s, but the numbers are still kmh, which is kind of strange to see sometimes wind speeds of 50-70 m/s and yes, even 130 m/s at one time, the wind at that time were about 36-38 m/s. Any solution or should i just keep 'convert' in my head as i do now?
Here is my update: Wrong information, please help I miss this addon. It shows wrong temp and maps for my area.
This is my area, temp is only 5 not 9.

I posted my log but I am not sure if kodi got it.
nope, you're supposed to paste the url of your log here ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok ronie thanks for getting back to me. I Posted the log through kodi this time ;-)   Here is the address: https://paste.ubuntu.com/26244881/.  
When I choose Hamilton Canada it sets me to the East cost weather which is 0 degrees Celsius. In Hamilton City Ontario it is -8 degrees Celsius. Also the Maps are wrong for Hamilton Canada. It shows East coast maps. Hamilton Canada used to work fine. Problems started with kodi update.  Have a great Holiday Time wishing you the best time in life.
i can confirm your issue.
Hamilton Canada will return weather for "Hamilton, Prince Edward Island"

i'm not sure wich search terms to use to get results for Hamilton Ontario....

can you go to https://www.wunderground.com/ and try if you can find the correct location, using the 'Search Locations' field at the top right of the page?
if you can, use the same search term in the weather addon settings.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok I did the search, it showed Hamilton Canada and when I click on it it does show the right map on wunderground. I states it is Hamilton, ON. If I put that in the kodi settings it say no results were found. I tried it for Toronto, Canada and same thing, wrong maps on kodi and wrong temp. Any other things I could try. Ok, I also tried Hamilton Beach, Canada. It gave me the correct maps, correct temp, but shown Unknown above the temp at the bottom left corner.
I think that you should be able to solve this problem by following my instructions in an earlier post here (and following posts too, for more info): https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2293472 where you search and find the exact weather station you want on https://www.wunderground.com, note the 4 digit code for that station (or the longer 'pws' code), and enter it directly in the advanced settings of the Weather Underground addon instead of using the search function.

The https://www.wunderground.com site has changed slightly since I wrote that post, but the general idea is still correct.

Hope that helps Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I tried all of the pws codes in my area of Hamilton Canada. kodi only gives my searching for weather forecast on weather page and it never gets resolved. I reverted back to normal setting and chose Hamilton Beach setting and it gives me correct temp but not info on current data still says Unknown bottom left corner above temp info. I tried downtown Toronto too, still no info with pws codes.
I'm not sure that is what I suggested, I'm not sure I understand your reply 100%. It's a little bit confusing.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
ok lets try step by step. First I click the link you show to https://www.wunderground.com/ it takes me to Chantham-Kent, Canada. Then I click in Search Locations. I click on Hamilton, Canada, it takes me to correct temp page showing correct map. I then click on change and I get a list of stations in my area. Nearby Weather Stations Hamilton (IONHAMIL54)25.9° Durand (IONTARIO474)26.2° North End, Harbour West Marina (IONTARIO1219)24.8° Westcliffe East (IONHAMIL8)22.6° Berrisfield (IONHAMIL43)25° Gourley Park (IONTARIO781)22.9° Gourley (IONHAMIL13)29.1° Falkirk East (IONHAMIL10)22.1° Hamilton (IONGARNE2)

These are the numbers I am inputing into Kodi maybe you can help?

Wow Finally got it to work, coming down off of my Christmas Stone. What a stoner I am I had reversed the PWS and typed it as PSW now fixed and good to go thank you for the help.
Yes, so just to confirm, if your preferred nearby weather station is 'Hamilton' then you should enter exactly (without quotes) "pws:IONHAMIL54" directly in the advanced settings of the Weather Underground addon.

Happy that you got it working.

Just also remember that these are Personal Weather Stations, so just an enthusiast with a weather device at home, so sometimes the data is erroneous or the station goes offline temporarily.

I use the Weather Underground android app on my phone too, and select the same PWS that I use in Kodi. I prefer this so that the data is the same across all of my devices. In the android app it's also very easy to see the map of nearby stations, which is helpful if your preferred station goes down temporarily, or even just to visually calibrate if the data is correct (eg: some people will have their weather device on a sunny terrace, others on the roof on the cold side of the house).

Also, from my signature "If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the Thank User button to show me your appreciation Smile

THANKS Smile
(2017-10-23, 22:08)Karellen Wrote: Have you checked the settings in the add-ons page for your weather add-on? You could have a different city nominated.

(2017-12-26, 11:04)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes, so just to confirm, if your preferred nearby weather station is 'Hamilton' then you should enter exactly (without quotes) "pws:IONHAMIL54" directly in the advanced settings of the Weather Underground addon.

Happy that you got it working.

Just also remember that these are Personal Weather Stations, so just an enthusiast with a weather device at home, so sometimes the data is erroneous or the station goes offline temporarily.

I use the Weather Underground android app on my phone too, and select the same PWS that I use in Kodi. I prefer this so that the data is the same across all of my devices. In the android app it's also very easy to see the map of nearby stations, which is helpful if your preferred station goes down temporarily, or even just to visually calibrate if the data is correct (eg: some people will have their weather device on a sunny terrace, others on the roof on the cold side of the house).

Also, from my signature "If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the Thank User button to show me your appreciation Smile

THANKS Smile
I don't see a Thank User button so a Big Thanks to you!
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Underground1