• 149(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
try changing this <rule filenames="Men In Black 3" player="DVDFab"/> to <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|ts" player="DVDFab"/>
Gents,

I am trying to use TMT6 as an external player for all files. All my files are either .mkv or .iso, with a few disc folders. I have read through a huge amount of this thread, but am still a little confused as to what exactly I need. Anyone willing to help?

Thanks,

Mark

Do I need a .bat and a revised playercorefactory?
Hey!

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a billion times before, but I searched a lot and couldn't find any solution. Maybe one of you can just quickly point me to it?

Here's my problem: I am using a playercorefactory.xml file to use Total Media Theater 6 to playback ISO's. If I select a movie, press the options key and select "play using..." it shows the external player correctly as the default player. If I now click play everything works as one would expect.

But if I just select a movie and press ok/enter it uses the internal player (which of course doesn't work for 3D blu-ray images) despite not being the default player for this filetype.

Here's my playercorefactory.xml:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="PlayDisc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\test\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
      <args>"{1}"</args>
      <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
   </player>
  </players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <!-- Bluray ISO -->
    <rule filetypes="iso" player="PlayDisc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And here my (somehow working) PlayDisc.bat:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe" D:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

What am I missing if I just want the default player to be used without using the "play using..." option?
(2014-08-30, 19:11)furam Wrote: Hey!

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a billion times before, but I searched a lot and couldn't find any solution. Maybe one of you can just quickly point me to it?

Here's my problem: I am using a playercorefactory.xml file to use Total Media Theater 6 to playback ISO's. If I select a movie, press the options key and select "play using..." it shows the external player correctly as the default player. If I now click play everything works as one would expect.

But if I just select a movie and press ok/enter it uses the internal player (which of course doesn't work for 3D blu-ray images) despite not being the default player for this filetype.

Here's my playercorefactory.xml:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="PlayDisc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\test\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
      <args>"{1}"</args>
      <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
   </player>
  </players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <!-- Bluray ISO -->
    <rule filetypes="iso" player="PlayDisc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And here my (somehow working) PlayDisc.bat:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe" D:

What am I missing if I just want the default player to be used without using the "play using..." option?

if i'm reading your post right i'm guessing it's when you press enter to play a blu ray movie in iso format you don't get the option to play main movie, choose a play list or show full menu's?,

the only difference i can see between the relevant sections of our files is i have the .bat file in the userdata folder along with playercore not the C drive
(2014-08-20, 19:16)acemt Wrote: Gents,

I am trying to use TMT6 as an external player for all files. All my files are either .mkv or .iso, with a few disc folders. I have read through a huge amount of this thread, but am still a little confused as to what exactly I need. Anyone willing to help?

Thanks,

Mark

Do I need a .bat and a revised playercorefactory?

you need both, the playercorefactory will define the rules and what each player does and the bat files is what calls the external player

so you will need something like this

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

save this one as PLAYISO.bat

Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" F:
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

and remember to add your username in the path and to correct the player locations and drive letter for your virtual drive
(2014-08-30, 22:26)orby Wrote: if i'm reading your post right i'm guessing it's when you press enter to play a blu ray movie in iso format you don't get the option to play main movie, choose a play list or show full menu's?,

the only difference i can see between the relevant sections of our files is i have the .bat file in the userdata folder along with playercore not the C drive

strangely enough I get that option no matter if I just select a movie or choose to play it using "play using...", but in the first case it uses the internal player, in the second case the external... Huh
strange indeed, i have tried to replicate the problem but no matter what i can't as long as my playercore is there it defaults to the external player

i can only suggest try using mine and see what happens, also make sure on Gotham 13.2 to make sure no other differences are there
nm figure it out.
Hello all,

New to the xbmc world. I managed to set up everything the way I like but the external player is not working properly. I used the settings from Animal_Freeride from post 2218 and adjusted my own paths.
My problems are that iso's are opened in PDVD 14 and start playing however no sound. Sound is working correctly without an external player.
BDMV folders, PDVD 14 opens but nothing happens, only starts up the movie library.

My info:
Windows 8.1
XBMC 13.2
HDMI to AVR to TV.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thx!!!
MRJCB
(2014-09-17, 20:05)MRJCB Wrote: Hello all,

New to the xbmc world. I managed to set up everything the way I like but the external player is not working properly. I used the settings from Animal_Freeride from post 2218 and adjusted my own paths.
My problems are that iso's are opened in PDVD 14 and start playing however no sound. Sound is working correctly without an external player.
BDMV folders, PDVD 14 opens but nothing happens, only starts up the movie library.

My info:
Windows 8.1
XBMC 13.2
HDMI to AVR to TV.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thx!!!
MRJCB

The audio issue is no longer there. Not XBMC related, PDVD did not keep the hdmi setting.
Now only to solve how to play BDMV folders through PDVD.

thx
MRJCB
I'm currently uisng TMT6 as an external player but with Arcsoft's decision to abandon this product, I suppose I will eventually have to switch to PowerDVD14. Reading all the posts above , there does not appear to be a consenus with respect to which *.exe file works best in Win8.1

So far I have onlly had success launching PDVD14 using PDVDLP.exe. It works, but the player doesn't close when I press movie stop. Is there a better way?
Need some help setting up my Xbmc with external player...

I am already using TMT6 and it works great but it can't play one of ISO...
PowerDVD14 Stutter when launch the ISO from XBMC,but plays everything when i launch the application manually

1-What is the external player BD player for XBMC (PowerDVD 14 or TMT6)

2-How do i add uMCEPlayer6.exe to my TMT6

3-Which script can i use that will bypass "show Blu-ray Menu"

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Hello everyone :-) I have been reading through this thread and I finally got my set up to work the way I wanted. Therefor I'd like to share my playiso.bat to those who are interested.

I am using the aging PowerDVD11 which does what I need it to do. The only thing I'm missing is a command line parameter for activating 3D but this is not a deal breaker for me.

playiso.bat:

Set file=%1
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO startpdvd) ELSE (goto end)

Confusedtartpdvd
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" /LaunchProgram PowerDVDCinema
timeout 2

:mountiso
timeout 2
IF EXIST I:\BDMV\. GOTO playingiso
IF EXIST I:\VIDEO_TS\. GOTO playingiso
timeout 3
GOTO ejected

:playingiso
IF EXIST I:\BDMV\. GOTO wait
IF EXIST I:\VIDEO_TS\. GOTO wait
GOTO ejected

:wait
timeout 3
GOTO playingiso

:ejected
taskkill.exe /IM PowerDVDCinema11.exe
GOTO end

exit

The reason why I did it this way is that its not possible to exit PDVD11 with the remote. The solution I came up with was using eject as an exit button to return to Kodi.
(2014-10-15, 15:56)Roger79 Wrote: Hello everyone :-) I have been reading through this thread and I finally got my set up to work the way I wanted. Therefor I'd like to share my playiso.bat to those who are interested.

I am using the aging PowerDVD11 which does what I need it to do. The only thing I'm missing is a command line parameter for activating 3D but this is not a deal breaker for me.

playiso.bat:

Set file=%1
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO startpdvd) ELSE (goto end)

Confusedtartpdvd
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" /LaunchProgram PowerDVDCinema
timeout 2

:mountiso
timeout 2
timeout 3
GOTO ejected

:playingiso
IF EXIST I:\BDMV\. GOTO wait
IF EXIST I:\VIDEO_TS\. GOTO wait
GOTO ejected

:wait
timeout 3
GOTO playingiso

:ejected
taskkill.exe /IM PowerDVDCinema11.exe
GOTO end

exit

The reason why I did it this way is that its not possible to exit PDVD11 with the remote. The solution I came up with was using eject as an exit button to return to Kodi.

Thanks!

Have you Try PowerDVD 14?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Not yet... My guess is that PDVD15 is coming soon so I'll wait until it's released before I upgrade.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13