• 151(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
Ok, so here's the latest. It does seem, that upon further testing, while the internal player bluray menu comes up, I can click on "show blu-ray menu "and it will take me to arcsoft. After the first run, the mount doesn't happen, but if I go back a second time, it mounts and is able to be played via arcsoft. Thereafter, all further ISOs get mounted once I click "show blu-ray menu." I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember Gotham and prior working more smoothly, without giving me that middle step of the internal player option.

In short, there's still a fault that occurs somewhere, but eventually it works. If anyone can explain things further, I'd appreciate it, and thanks for the good ideas that have been presented.

Happy New Year!
I have to manually select the external player everytime with "C", select external player and then select show bluray menu in the selection. Is this a bug in Helix?
Can anyone tell me how i can configure a button to exit Power Dvd after ive watched a blu-ray movie on a mce remote. When i've watched a movie from disk i press stop on my remote and all that happen is it stops the movie and power dvd stays there. On my harmony one remote in the living room i was able to set alt+F4 and power dvd would close and Kodi reopens but not sure how to do this on my bedroom htpc.
Is this still the way to go for external player in kodi? (14)

I'd like to use an external player (TMT) for my bluray 3d iso and miniiso, some help required :p
It needs to autostart with it, and mounted Wink

Or even better, if possible, give me a popup a let me chose which internal or that external player to use
I hope i get an answer here...
Is therre a way to use dvdfab mount instead of virtualclonedrive? Cause its not working for me.
Reason is i also got miniiso next to iso.
Dvdclone cant mount those, only dvdfab..

When i use dvdclone drive, it mounts the first time but when launching next movie.. The previous one is still mounted and the drive letter is changed..

Any ideas?
Anyone? Or is this dead?
(2015-01-05, 10:20)moravec Wrote: I have to manually select the external player everytime with "C", select external player and then select show bluray menu in the selection. Is this a bug in Helix?

I've had this problem since Gotham but only for iso files.
My requirement is for iso files to launch the PlayISO.bat which will mount the file and use PowerDVD to play it. And for mp4|mkv files I want them to simply open in PowerDVD (no need to mount anything).
The rule for mp4|mkv works like a charm, if I click on a movie with *3D* in the title (e.g. "my_3d_movie.mkv"), it opens in PowerDVD no problem. If I click on a iso image movie it opens using the Kodi player (so no 3D). If I press "C" and select "Play Using", I see that the player "PowerDVD_iso" is marked as (default) but I have to actually select this option if I want it to open using PowerDVD.

Oh and before anyone asks why I don't just use the default player for mp4|mkv 3d files it's because the 3D playpack has a weird effect for me in the built in player, very off putting like my glasses are on the wrong way, PowerDVD is much better for me.
So with TMT not being updated anymore are most of you now using PowerDVD? I have been using TMT but thinking about switching but not sure if I should.

Are there other solutions? I am using TMT to play all my true 3D.iso and BD.iso files.
I am still using TMT5 for all my iso's and blurays. I bought the powerdvd Ultra pack but after watching 2 blurays (iso and fysical bluray) i deinstalled powerdvd. I didn't like it and it was giving problems like lag, missing sound etc. Even when i use a legal bluray i bought in the store Tongue

So for me it is still TMT5.
Hi Guys
I am new to forum.

By following instructions in the thread, I was able to use PDVD14 as external player in Kodi.
However, I want to use the option of vertical shift that XBMC/Kodi provides without exteranal player (I need this option as my projector lacks vertical shift)

So I need help to use XBMc/Kodi vertical shift option while using PDVD14 as an external player.

Thanks
Can anyone help me out here?
I'm trying to set up PowerDVD 14 as an external player for playing ripped BDMV files, it will not play no matter what I try, PowerDVD starts but just will not play anything. I just want it as a back up player until proper bluray playback is achieved in KODI.
I know my codes are a mess but any help would be much appreciated!!!

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>                        

</player>

<player name="PowerDVD 14 (Region A)" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO4.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>False</hidexbmc>
                        <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
                        <forceontop>true</forceontop>
               </player>

<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
        </player>
        </players>
            <rules action="append">
            <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
            <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
            </rules>                

</playercorefactory>

And my .BAT file
Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" E:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit
I have been using XBMC upto version 12 on a previous laptop which died a while ago. I now try to setup Kodi 14.2 on the new laptop and want to use TMT5 as external player for mkv, ISO and BDMV playback. For now I just have some mkvs in my library. When I select them they start to play in TMT5 but when I stop playing TMT stays open and I am not returned back to Kodi. Is this supposed to be? Or should I add some arguments to TMT?

TMT als doesn't open fullscreen. Is this possible?
(2015-02-20, 05:25)Rob55Levo Wrote: Can anyone help me out here?
I'm trying to set up PowerDVD 14 as an external player for playing ripped BDMV files, it will not play no matter what I try, PowerDVD starts but just will not play anything. I just want it as a back up player until proper bluray playback is achieved in KODI.
I know my codes are a mess but any help would be much appreciated!!!

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>                        

</player>

<player name="PowerDVD 14 (Region A)" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <args>"{1}"</args>
               </player>

<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <args>"{1}"</args>
        </player>
        </players>
            <rules action="append">
            <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
            </rules>                

</playercorefactory>

And my .BAT file
Code:
Set file=%1
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" E:
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit

I think you just need to modify the code by changing XMBC to Kodi. It caught me out!

<playercorefactory>
<players>

</player>

<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>

<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="append">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
</rules>

</playercorefactory>
Thanks Animal, I actually noticed that later on, Thing is I'm not trying to play ISO's Im trying to play the actual ripped files themselves from a folder.
Turns out TMT5 and 6 can play bluray files but Powerdvd 14 can't. only Powerdvd 11 can.
i had it running, but updated something and forgot to copy the 2 files.
Now i had to remake playercore and playiso, but somehow i cant get it running back

whats wrong with my files? i dont get any external player inside kodi (cant get option 2play with using either)

playercore:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Total Media Theatre" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="Total Media Theatre"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Playiso.bat:

Set file=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" F:
GOTO end

exit
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13