• 33(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
@Petter-

Are you trying to get TMT5 to work as an XBMC external player? If you already have playercorefactory codes, can you post it in here?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Sorry if I missed this but there are many pages so please forgive me!

1) Safe assumption that this will work with TMT 3 as well? I haven't upgraded and up until this point I haven't seen any reason to

2) I have HD-DVDs ripped to ISO. I know it works in TMT 3 as I currently launch the isos in Mediabrowser with no issues - considering the config has an entry for iso, it should launch it with no problems right?

3) What about bluray folders? I rip my blurays to folder structure because they load much faster and TMT supports them with menus and all. How would I adjust the config xml file to load the folder into TMT so that it plays as if it was the full disc?
@bluray:
Yes I do, I use the one you have posted (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1066663)
and tried this one and the one in the first post.

But I don`t think this is the problem.
It must be the program, for the same happend if I just start the program without XBMC to.

Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2012-04-12, 17:17)pettergulbra Wrote: But I don`t think this is the problem.
It must be the program, for the same happend if I just start the program without XBMC to.

Petter
Are you saying you cannot playback blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM with the standalone TMT5 (without XBMC) either?

(2012-04-12, 16:25)andyd Wrote: Sorry if I missed this but there are many pages so please forgive me!

1) Safe assumption that this will work with TMT 3 as well? I haven't upgraded and up until this point I haven't seen any reason to

2) I have HD-DVDs ripped to ISO. I know it works in TMT 3 as I currently launch the isos in Mediabrowser with no issues - considering the config has an entry for iso, it should launch it with no problems right?

3) What about bluray folders? I rip my blurays to folder structure because they load much faster and TMT supports them with menus and all. How would I adjust the config xml file to load the folder into TMT so that it plays as if it was the full disc?
Just put it this way- if you can playback with TMT3 by itself, you should be able to playback the same way with XBMC external player option....

@bluray
I don`t have an working Blu Ray disc player at the moment. But I can`t try ether when the program don`t start.
This worked for a couple of day a go, the program. But now it don`t anymore.

I installed PowerDVD11, and then uninstalled it again, after this the program did not function anymore. (TMT5)

I can`t find any error in Windows, so I can`t understand.

Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Hi,

First of all I would like say thank to bluray for all the help in this great thread. As an almost complete newbie, I was able to follow his tutorial...unfortunately not without complete success.

Here's my setup:

- WIN7 Ultimate SP1 32bit
- XBMC v11.0 Eden
- TMT 5

My collection contains both BluRay ISO's, BluRay's in folder structure format (BDMV), and some MKV as well. I would like to use TMT5 to play all the mentioned file types, including BluRay discs in physical format.

I followed this thread since post no1 till the 26th page for better understanding and to learn from the other users comments.

Here's my playercorefactory file:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\octogon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\octogon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\octogon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Here's my PlayBDMV.bat file:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

Here's my PlayDisc.bat file

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" D:

And finally, my PlayISO.bat file:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" F:
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

When I hit play on a BluRay ISO, this is what happens:

- TMT5 opens (but not in fullscreen) showing the following message: "The application requires an update to allow continued playback of some discs, Click the "OK" button below and follow the on-screen instructions.
- I hit the "OK" button then the movie starts playing (still not in full screen)
- few seconds later another message shows up: "You are already using the latest version available. Please check for updates later.
- I hit the OK button, and the movie continues to play just fine.

When I hit play on a BluRay BDMV, this is what happens:

- TMT5 opens (but not in full screen), but nothing else. Note, if I right click over the movie and choose to play with the internal player, then it plays fine, so no prob with the file. Also, TMT5 works great outside XBMC.

When I try to play an actual BR disc with "Play Disc" option, this what happens:

- TMT5 opens (again, not in fullscreen), but it did not start playing the disc without hitting "enter" on the highlighted drive ("F" in my case). If I hit "enter", it gives me the same message "The application requires....", I hit the "OK" then it starts playing, but strangely this time in full screen....

So, here I am right now...and the input from you guys.

Any help would be much appreciated!

PS: excuse my broken english, it isn't my native language..SmileSmile
(2012-04-12, 19:38)bluray Wrote: Just put it this way- if you can playback with TMT3 by itself, you should be able to playback the same way with XBMC external player option....

Ok thanks. Do I have to do anything special to the xml file in the first post in order for folders to work?
(2012-04-12, 21:15)pettergulbra Wrote: @bluray
I don`t have an working Blu Ray disc player at the moment. But I can`t try ether when the program don`t start.
This worked for a couple of day a go, the program. But now it don`t anymore.

I installed PowerDVD11, and then uninstalled it again, after this the program did not function anymore. (TMT5)

I can`t find any error in Windows, so I can`t understand.

Petter
You can do Windows "System Restore" to the day when it was working fine.....

(2012-04-13, 01:10)andyd Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 19:38)bluray Wrote: Just put it this way- if you can playback with TMT3 by itself, you should be able to playback the same way with XBMC external player option....

Ok thanks. Do I have to do anything special to the xml file in the first post in order for folders to work?
Yes, here is what you need to do....

1. Download all .bat and .xml files, and then save all the files in "C:\Users\<log in name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" folder
2. Replace all TMT5 directories in .bat and .xml codes with TMT3.....and it should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uLaunchTMT3.exe" (please verify this directory in your HTPC to make sure that it is correct...)

Launch XBMC and try to playback some blu-ray disc files.....

@LCD72-
Welcome to the forum, and it is impressive for being your 1st post...!

You can try these codes instead-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\octogon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\octogon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

*note- you set TMT5 to "Auto Full Screen" and "Auto Start" in TMT5 UI.......
(2012-04-13, 01:33)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 01:10)andyd Wrote:

Yes, here is what you need to do....

1. Download all .bat and .xml files, and then save all the files in "C:\Users\<log in name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" folder
2. Replace all TMT5 directories in .bat and .xml codes with TMT3.....and it should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uLaunchTMT3.exe" (please verify this directory in your HTPC to make sure that it is correct...)

Launch XBMC and try to playback some blu-ray disc files.....

Thanks! FYI - the file is actually the same as TMT5 without the 5 - uMCEPlayer.exe

I am having one issue though - HD-DVDs. While they load, TMT3 does not actually recognize it until a few seconds has passed. Is there anything I can do so that it gets automatically loaded? As of now

I get an error > wait a few seconds > then can press play for the ISO to load
bluray:
thanks a LOT for this script. initially, i thought i had no use for a full bd (menus, extras, etc), but after giving your external player code a try, i'm hooked. now i'm going to have to replace a LARGE library of mkv files with bluray disks; see what you did?! haha, i appreciate it though and keep up the good work!
(2012-04-13, 01:46)bluray Wrote: @LCD72-
Welcome to the forum, and it is impressive for being your 1st post...!

You can try these codes instead-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

*note- you set TMT5 to "Auto Full Screen" and "Auto Start" in TMT5 UI.......

Thanks!

I have replaced the code, unfortunately not much change...except that XBMC UI disappears after hitting play. Playing ISO TMT5 still starts (no full screen, I'v checked TMT5 setup: Auto Full Screen on, Auto Play on), same message shows up. XBMC UI coming back after finish playing. With playing BDMV, again, the only difference that XBMC UI disappears....

Cheers

Laszlo
(2012-04-13, 04:26)zeerow2k Wrote: bluray:
thanks a LOT for this script. initially, i thought i had no use for a full bd (menus, extras, etc), but after giving your external player code a try, i'm hooked. now i'm going to have to replace a LARGE library of mkv files with bluray disks; see what you did?! haha, i appreciate it though and keep up the good work!
Yes, I cannot live without it either....it's very nice to be able jump to the chapter I want to rewatch....

(2012-04-13, 13:30)LCD72 Wrote: I have replaced the code, unfortunately not much change...except that XBMC UI disappears after hitting play. Playing ISO TMT5 still starts (no full screen, I'v checked TMT5 setup: Auto Full Screen on, Auto Play on), same message shows up. XBMC UI coming back after finish playing. With playing BDMV, again, the only difference that XBMC UI disappears....

Cheers

Laszlo
Try these-

1. replace all the lines with <args>"{1}" /close</args> with <args>"{1}" /close</args>

2. replace "C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" with "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe"

3. launch XBMC and try it again

If that still work the same way, you can check in MSCONFIG and verify STARTUP to see what might complicate it....
(2012-04-13, 03:09)andyd Wrote: Thanks! FYI - the file is actually the same as TMT5 without the 5 - uMCEPlayer.exe

I am having one issue though - HD-DVDs. While they load, TMT3 does not actually recognize it until a few seconds has passed. Is there anything I can do so that it gets automatically loaded? As of now

I get an error > wait a few seconds > then can press play for the ISO to load
You can post your .bat and .xml files in here. We'll see what we can dig up from it....

• 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13