• 4(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
well i read the guide to get this working and had some issues.

nothing was working inside of xbmc, but all batch files worked outside of xbmc.

If i ran the playdisc.bat file it opened tmt5 and would play the bluray in the drive, but if i went into xbmc and clicked the play disc it would flash to a screen with controls on the right and the bluray title in the bottom left and then would go back to the play disc menu.

all bat files are pointing to the correct locations for the files, and it appears that the playercorefact.xml is setup correctly (although i am no expert on xml code)

I have uninstalled tmt5 and backed up my config files and will try again with powerdvd and see if i have anymore luck with that.

everything was installed in order as set out in the first post.

ps...happy New Year All.....
Hm. finally I got it working (more or less). After some testing I figured out that the disc is not loading when I select it (as mentioned earlier) (like xbmc does with normal dvds) but I can select Play disc from the context menu. Unfortunately my htpc has no mice so it's not easy to press right mouse button to get to the context menu.

That's why I ask now: Is there any way to let xbmc play blu-rays by default (when I select them in the video menu) instead of navigating through the file- / folder-menu of the disc? So xbmc behaves with blu-rays like it does with dvds?
Grinsekatze Wrote:Hm. finally I got it working (more or less). After some testing I figured out that the disc is not loading when I select it (as mentioned earlier) (like xbmc does with normal dvds) but I can select Play disc from the context menu. Unfortunately my htpc has no mice so it's not easy to press right mouse button to get to the context menu.

That's why I ask now: Is there any way to let xbmc play blu-rays by default (when I select them in the video menu) instead of navigating through the file- / folder-menu of the disc? So xbmc behaves with blu-rays like it does with dvds?
Let me try to under stand you a little better.

1. You don't have BD-ROM, right?
2. When you say play blu-ray, is it blu-ray ripped folder or blu-ray ISO?
3. When you say you use play disc option, are you trying to playback DVD disc on DVD-ROM?

To write proper external code, you have to step back think of what you try to playback! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
keith300 Wrote:well i read the guide to get this working and had some issues.

nothing was working inside of xbmc, but all batch files worked outside of xbmc.

If i ran the playdisc.bat file it opened tmt5 and would play the bluray in the drive, but if i went into xbmc and clicked the play disc it would flash to a screen with controls on the right and the bluray title in the bottom left and then would go back to the play disc menu.

all bat files are pointing to the correct locations for the files, and it appears that the playercorefact.xml is setup correctly (although i am no expert on xml code)

I have uninstalled tmt5 and backed up my config files and will try again with powerdvd and see if i have anymore luck with that.

everything was installed in order as set out in the first post.

ps...happy New Year All.....

1. If you haven't download these (AnyDVD HD and VirtualCloneDrive), as your BD may be encrypted.
2. Make sure that this <C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe> is in PlayDisc.bat, PlayBDMV.bat and PlayISO.bat files. Make sure that uMCEPlayer5.exe directory is grab from the correct Program Files directory on your HTPC "C" drive.

3. Make sure to change all the directory shown in "RED" to correct directories of PlayDisc, PlayBDMV and PlayISO this (Playercorefactory.xml).

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>[COLOR="red"]C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat
</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>[/COLOR]
1nc0gn1t0 Wrote:Hi again

Could you tell me what is the BDplayer & playdisc code to make MPC-HC read my blurays instead of powerdvd11 or tmt5? I realized that i can read my bluray within mpc-hc, it launch so much quickly and i feel that the image quality is a bit higher (+ no problem to launche it on a second screen)

I tried to simply change the path in the bluray & playdisc xml you gave by the one of mpc-hc, but when i click on "play a disc" on XBMC, nothing happen, so i guess it miss something.

Thx in advance
Sorry for the delay reply, I'm simply over powered by stack of questions. You can simply replace TMT5 directory in PlayDisc.bat and PlayBDMV.bat with this directory <C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe>. The (Playercorefactory.xml) should remain unchanged!
bluray Wrote:Sorry for the delay reply, I'm simply over powered by stack of questions. You can simply replace TMT5 directory in PlayDisc.bat and PlayBDMV.bat with this directory <C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe>. The (Playercorefactory.xml) should remain unchanged!
That's what i did butr nothing happens. It doesn't play either bluray nor DVD Sad
Actually i had to edit playerfactory.xml to maker it works Smile I posted the solution here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118736

Do you allow me to make avaiable for download in my thread, your files that i edited to make it works?
1nc0gn1t0 Wrote:Actually i had to edit playerfactory.xml to maker it works Smile
Your playercorefactory.xml should be as shown below and it's included in my post #50:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</filename>
</player>
</player>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
bluray Wrote:Your playercorefactory.xml should be as shown below and it's included in my post #50:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</filename>
</player>
</player>
</player>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
Like i said now i don't want to read bluray with TMT5 (that's jsut what i wanted at first because i didn't know mpc-hc could do it) but with MPC-HC. This code you give me is about tmt5, it has a line for uMCEplayer5.exe, and non for MPC-HC. That's why when you told me that to read bluray within mpc-hc from XBMC what i'll need to do is just change the path for mpc-hc in playdisc and playbdmv and that i mustn't change the playerfactory.xml, but that it didn't work, i decided to give it a try with the modification of playerfactory.xml. The code you show me above and the one i have (slightly modified from your original) don't seem at all the same, and well now bluray playback works with mpc-hc whereas it was not working until i modified the factoryplayer.xml
1nc0gn1t0 Wrote:Like i said now i don't want to read bluray with TMT5 (that's jsut what i wanted at first because i didn't know mpc-hc could do it) but with MPC-HC. This code you give me is about tmt5, it has a line for uMCEplayer5.exe, and non for MPC-HC. That's why when you told me that to read bluray within mpc-hc from XBMC what i'll need to do is just change the path for mpc-hc in playdisc and playbdmv and that i mustn't change the playerfactory.xml, but that it didn't work, i decided to give it a try with the modification of playerfactory.xml. The code you show me above and the one i have (slightly modified from your original) don't seem at all the same, and well now bluray playback works with mpc-hc whereas it was not working until i modified the factoryplayer.xml
As I said in post #50, MPC-HC should be added in PlayDisc and PlayBDMV. Playcorefactory code can remain the same. It'll playback BD using XBMC PlayDisc option using MPC-HC and BD index.bdmv using MPC-HC. Smile
Yeah i followed what you say but it was not working without editing playerfactory, nothing happened, that's why i tried to edit playerfactory and then it worked Smile So maybe i'm the only one for whom it was not working without editiing Smile
1nc0gn1t0 Wrote:Yeah i followed what you say but it was not working without editing playerfactory, nothing happened, that's why i tried to edit playerfactory and then it worked Smile So maybe i'm the only one for whom it was not working without editiing Smile
What did you edit in playercorefactory?
Not much. I removed the BDMV rules, and included "bdmv" it in the line below of the unviersal player (which is MPC-HC) (and obviously putted the path of mpc-hc in the others .bat + i changed the lettre from playdisc.bat because mine is "L:") so it's:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
       <players>
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
   <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
   <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
   <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
        <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>

</player>
   <player name="Iso_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
   <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>

</player>
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
        <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3|bdmv" player="Universal_Player"/>
  <rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I edited the code, i copied first one that was in my notepad++ tab that was not the good one.
bluray Wrote:Let me try to under stand you a little better.

1. You don't have BD-ROM, right?
2. When you say play blu-ray, is it blu-ray ripped folder or blu-ray ISO?
3. When you say you use play disc option, are you trying to playback DVD disc on DVD-ROM?

To write proper external code, you have to step back think of what you try to playback! Smile

Hi,
right, at the moment I don't have a Blu-ray drive. But I had one here a few weeks ago and I did a 1:1 iso rip of a 3D blu-ray movie. So at the moment (until I got an own bd-drive) I use daemon tools and mount the mentioned image. That's like using a real drive with a real disc. The Daemon tools virtual drive is recognized under windows as a BD-ROM drive.
I can access it and the mounted movie from outside xbmc with my players (TMT5 & PDVD11) with or without the script (playdisc.bat -you can lunch the scripts without xbmc to test if they are working).

BUT inside of xbmc when I try to access (I navigate to videos, highlight the drive and press enter) the (virtual) drive with the loaded movie does not start to play but shows me whats inside of the drive (files and folders like bdmv). But when I highlight the drive from videos section and press right mouse button (and not enter) I get a menu where I can select play disc. When I highlight that play disc-entry and press enter the blu-ray movie starts to play.

But I would like to play the disc when I access it from the video section (videos > drive D: > movie starts) and not via videos > Drive D: - right mouse button > play disc > movie starts. That's how the build in dvd player acts with dvds and I would like TMT or PDVD to act the same way with blu-rays.

Hopefully I could make clear what's my problem. Sorry I'm not a native english speaker. But feel free to ask if something is still not clear.

Thanks for the help btw.

Edit:
Here's a picture of what I'm talking from.
The first one shows what happenes when I access the (virtual) drive.

The second one shows how I'm able to play the movie at the moment (though it's much too complicated):
1nc0gn1t0 Wrote:Not much. I removed the BDMV rules, and included "bdmv" it in the line below of the unviersal player (which is MPC-HC) (and obviously putted the path of mpc-hc in the others .bat + i changed the lettre from playdisc.bat because mine is "L:") so it's:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
       <players>
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
   <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>

</player>
        <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>

</player>
   <player name="Iso_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
   <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>

</player>
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
        <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3|bdmv" player="Universal_Player"/>
  <rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I edited the code, i copied first one that was in my notepad++ tab that was not the good one.
So, you are not using PlayBDMV.bat anymore because you included "bdmv" under <rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3|bdmv" player="Universal_Player"/>. If you're not using it, you can remove BDMV_Player from Playercorefactory so that is cleaner. I'm assuming you're not interesting in playback MP3, JPG, DVD, etc using XBMC either. If you do, you might need these rules:

<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>

It's just a thought, because XBMC is a great player to playback all other files. We need external player just to playback blu-ray disc, iso, m2ts and mkv only because it can bitstream HD audio, and XBMC by itself cannot bitstreaming HD audio.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13