• 6(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
robl45 Wrote:Does xbmc do the auto rate switching?

It should. But somehow I can't find the setting I've seen once in the System settings. Maybe I saw it on a pre Eden build ND ATM. I try a Dharma build.?
Hi
I've got TMT3 working as an external player perfectly, at last. Problem is when I exit the TMT3, XBMC immediately restarts TMT3. I have to close it again and try and hit the X key, in XBMC about 7 or 10 times before it stops trying to start TMT3. I've tried PowerDVD11 also and the same thing happens. I can't find a solution in the forums or google (let alone someone else with this problem). I was wondering if you or anyone here has come across this and knows of a solution.

TIA

Watcher
if you use mpc-hc with the playdisc option to play dvds, is there any extra argument needed? I see it the playdisc.bat it seems to reference E: when used with TMT
robl45 Wrote:if you use mpc-hc with the playdisc option to play dvds, is there any extra argument needed? I see it the playdisc.bat it seems to reference E: when used with TMT
"E:" is BD-ROM drive. If your BD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive in your HTPC is different, you can replace "E:" with the correct drive. You have to replace TMT5 directory with MPC-HC in PlayDisc.bat and use this rule in Playercorefactory.xbml- (<rule protocols="[COLOR="blue"]bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>[/COLOR]).
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Watcher Wrote:Hi
I've got TMT3 working as an external player perfectly, at last. Problem is when I exit the TMT3, XBMC immediately restarts TMT3. I have to close it again and try and hit the X key, in XBMC about 7 or 10 times before it stops trying to start TMT3. I've tried PowerDVD11 also and the same thing happens. I can't find a solution in the forums or google (let alone someone else with this problem). I was wondering if you or anyone here has come across this and knows of a solution.

TIA

Watcher
Did you you used these codes?

1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO

Did you replace the TMT5 directory in .bat and .xml files with TMT3 directory? Did you use uMCEPlayer3.exe instead of uTotalMediaTheatre3.exe? The MCE version will allow you to properly manage MCE remote and keyboard.
bluray Wrote:"E:" is BD-ROM drive. If your BD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive in your HTPC is different, you can replace "E:" with the correct drive. You have to replace TMT5 directory with MPC-HC in PlayDisc.bat and use this rule in Playercorefactory.xbml- (<rule protocols="[COLOR="blue"]bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>[/COLOR]).

thanks for the rule, it wasn't going to work without that. but the question is, do I need the drive after mpc-hc? or is there a different switch that needs to be used to get it to load up the dvd in the drive? looking at the commands line switches for mpc-hc, it looks like there is a /dvd command line?

EDIT: I see it looks like this was discussed on page 2. it seems there is no way to specify the drive for mpc-hc so no seemless way to have it just launch the dvd, is this still correct?

EDIT again: if it doesn't let mpc-hc specify the drive, can the drive be specified with powerdvd 11?
robl45 Wrote:thanks for the rule, it wasn't going to work without that. but the question is, do I need the drive after mpc-hc? or is there a different switch that needs to be used to get it to load up the dvd in the drive? looking at the commands line switches for mpc-hc, it looks like there is a /dvd command line?

EDIT: I see it looks like this was discussed on page 2. it seems there is no way to specify the drive for mpc-hc so no seemless way to have it just launch the dvd, is this still correct?

EDIT again: if it doesn't let mpc-hc specify the drive, can the drive be specified with powerdvd 11?
Regardless of the media player you use to playback BD directly on BD-ROM, you still need to specify the BD-ROM drive for XBMC PlayDisc option to work with external player.

I just tried it with MPC-HC codes in PlayDisc.bat earlier, and it worked fine with XBMC PlayDisc option. Below is the codes, and it'll work with the existing Playercorefactory.

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe" E:

If your blu-ray disc is encrypted, you'll need to install AnyDVD HD to decrypt it in the background!
bluray Wrote:Regardless of the media player you use to playback BD directly on BD-ROM, you still need to specify the BD-ROM drive for XBMC PlayDisc option to work with external player.

I just tried it with MPC-HC codes in PlayDisc.bat earlier, and it worked fine with XBMC PlayDisc option. Below is the codes, and it'll work with the existing Playercorefactory.

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe" E:

If your blu-ray disc is encrypted, you'll need to install AnyDVD HD to decrypt it in the background!

thats what I was asking, so you just put the drive letter after the path just like with TMT. is there a reason to use the playdisc.bat? is there a reason I can't just put the path in the playercore.xml file?
robl45 Wrote:thats what I was asking, so you just put the drive letter after the path just like with TMT. is there a reason to use the playdisc.bat? is there a reason I can't just put the path in the playercore.xml file?
Yes, you can. But if you already have PlayDisc.bat, it is simpler by adding ("C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe" E:
) to PlayDisc.bat and you can leave Playcorefactory.xml un-touch.

If you want to insert "E:" in Playercorefactory, you can not place it after the path. You have to insert it as shown here- (<args>"{E:}" /fullscreen</args>).
bluray Wrote:Yes, you can. But if you already have PlayDisc.bat, it is simpler by adding ("C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe" E:
) to PlayDisc.bat and you can leave Playcorefactory.xml un-touch.

If you want to insert "E:" in Playercorefactory, you can not place it after the path. You have to insert it as shown here- (<args>"{E:}" /fullscreen</args>).

cool, never would have known that, I just did it with playdisc.bat, hopefully it will work, will have to check later to see if it does it fact do it.
Dear Bluray,
as i wrote to you on private, i have a very strange problem:
mb: gigabyte 880gma-ud2h, cpu amd xII 250, 4gig of 1600mhz ram, saphire 6570 gpu, and a BD drive.
the problem: i have written the playercorefactory (described below), and most of the files on my hdd are mkv. i have 1tb of 3D mkv files on top of 3TB of normal mkv files.
playing the normal mkv's work like a charm in xbmc, but when i try " Play using pdvd.." for the 3D mkv, the follows happans: xbmc gone, pdvd10 comes up and after 1-2 seconds, it says " there is no disc in drive F ", drive f: being my bd drive offcourse.
playing the files straight through pdvd 10, works with no problems, what so ever.
the starnge thing is, that i have set up the same machine for a friend of mine 2 monthes ago, and there it works fluently.
now, i understand the the default drivr pdvd is going for is the optical drive, without being able to change that, but why does it work at my friend's?!

playercorefactory:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PDVDCinemaPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="PDVDCinemaPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

xbmc log:
http://pastebin.com/wgzTCrPA

Please help.
i am playing with this for the last seven days, going crazy.
Tomer
bluray Wrote:Most of us don't want to playback ISO using PlayDisc option, because we want it to automatcally playback by clicking on it. We are too lazy to manually create drives for every ISO file.

I'm one of those. Wink But at the moment I don't have a BR-Drive. And before I buy one I would like to test xbmc of it's blu-ray ability (in this case with 3rd party solutions). That's why I use a iso and daemon tools at the moment - it's just a functional test. When everything works like a charm I change and buy a drive where I can insert real discs (or use the playiso script to watch ripped ones for those I don't have on discs).

But what when my funny problem (it's still not solved and I don't know why it exists) also occures with a real drive and not only with the virtual one. I don't want to insert the disc, navigate to movies, select the drive / inserted disc with right mouse button (because I don't have a mouse attached and it's unnecessary
/ extra steps too) select play disc to watch the movie. I prefer to insert disc, navigate to movies and select (select enter on my remote) the drive / inserted disc to watch a movie. Because that's exactly what all the other players are doing aswell (ex. build in dvd player - there you don't have to right press something and select play disc).

I know under windows itself you can assign rules what to do with inserted discs (play, them open explorer, ask what to do ...) but what's with xbmc?
It looks as if the "play disc" option is not the default one within xbmc. the default one is to open the file manager / navigate through the folder structure of the bd-disc. But again: Why?? Unlikely I'm very new to xbmc. Before I just used MCE, later WMC and now I wanna give xbmc a try.
tomera69 Wrote:Dear Bluray,
as i wrote to you on private, i have a very strange problem:
mb: gigabyte 880gma-ud2h, cpu amd xII 250, 4gig of 1600mhz ram, saphire 6570 gpu, and a BD drive.
the problem: i have written the playercorefactory (described below), and most of the files on my hdd are mkv. i have 1tb of 3D mkv files on top of 3TB of normal mkv files.
playing the normal mkv's work like a charm in xbmc, but when i try " Play using pdvd.." for the 3D mkv, the follows happans: xbmc gone, pdvd10 comes up and after 1-2 seconds, it says " there is no disc in drive F ", drive f: being my bd drive offcourse.
playing the files straight through pdvd 10, works with no problems, what so ever.
the starnge thing is, that i have set up the same machine for a friend of mine 2 monthes ago, and there it works fluently.
now, i understand the the default drivr pdvd is going for is the optical drive, without being able to change that, but why does it work at my friend's?!

playercorefactory:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PDVDCinemaPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="PDVDCinemaPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

xbmc log:
http://pastebin.com/wgzTCrPA

Please help.
i am playing with this for the last seven days, going crazy.
Tomer
You can give these codes a try:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MKV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{F:}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="MKV_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Grinsekatze Wrote:I'm one of those. Wink But at the moment I don't have a BR-Drive. And before I buy one I would like to test xbmc of it's blu-ray ability (in this case with 3rd party solutions).
With native BD-ROM drive, XBMC PlayDisc will recognize it and it'll playback using external player with external player codes below. I tested it on 3 HTPC's with different BD-ROM brands, and XBMC PlayDisc option worked on all 3 HTPC's using codes below:

1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO

If you are looking for BD-ROM, I have a couple of this drive- LG Black 12X BD-ROM. It work great with XBMC PlayDisc option. Smile
[quote=bluray]You can give these codes a try:

why the - <!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="MKV_Player"/> ?

the 3d mkv files have regular mkv extension. ie. *.mkv
i dont mind using the "play using..", since the rest of the films are normal mkv and have the same extension.
as for BD disc, that is not a problem. once u insert a BD disc to the optical drive, pdvd starts playing it automatically.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13