• 50(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Not sure if anyone cares but just in case...good progress being made.

I do really hate Estuary though unfortunately, but I probably will make a skin file for it since it is the standard and I guess it may eventually get bearable.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ok folks I have finished stage 1 of the Krypton re-write. It should now be a lot more compatible with Krypton (and other skins in general), whilst retaining Jarvis compatibility.

@RB0135 - this release also adds test support for the 'night' icons. Let me know how it goes!

It's a very substantial change, basically a re-write, so I'd like to get some other folks to test it before I get it pushed to the Kodi master repo.

You can get the release here: https://github.com/bossanova808/weather..../0.8.4.zip ...just unzip that over your existing ozweather addon.

If you could test operation of the addon both in setting settings, and in weather updates, that would be appreciated - please report back here!! Obviously any crashing should be reported, but also missing data or images. Missing data should mostly come up as "?". If you experience anything odd/missing, please provide me the region & radar code you're using (postcode ideally!).

Here's the changelog:

V0.8.4 - Test only release
- Re-Write for Krypton
- Set more of the new weather labels
- Backwards compatibly for Jarvis
- 3 separate unit-testable scraper modules created (BOM, Weatherzone, ABC Video)
- Each scraper is unit testable independent of Kodi for easier development in future
- Remove parsedom dependency, scrape using beautifulsoup4
- Use requests module vs. older methods
- Use caching for significant speed improvements on 2nd and subsequent weather updates
- Add .gitginore for .pyo, .pyc, and test outputs
- Set appropriate icons for night time weather (after sunset, before sunrise)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
@joshdalt the above ^ release should fix your issue with setting a location too.
Ok I've pushed out 0.8.5 to the Kodi masters.....this release has:
Bugfix for location searching
Krypton friendly
More friendly with other skins
Considerably faster after the first weather update
Support for night icon for the current day

Next step are some Estuary skin files....Confluence ones in the wiki should work fine still.
So, at this stage, 0.8.7, all I should be seeing in Krypton is the forecasts, ie no way to display radar image yet?And what is ABC video?
Yep at the moment it's setting all the basic data, and the radars are available for skins that support it.

The Kodi maps stuff is based entirely on openweather so I can't really plug in to that i think, means I will have to make skin files for Estuary and was thus waiting on the 'Next gen/V2/Slightly Less Bollocks' version of that to come out in a beta - which I think it now has. Will check it out soon and will do some proper custom skin files for it.
I've finally worked out the old addon mailing list approach no longer works for submitting addon updates & submitted 0.8.7 via the new git method. So 0.8.7 should arrive for Gotham & beyond soon...it looks like they've pulled the update, although my test Krypton install is not yet seeing it...

I'm still waiting a bit for the dust to settle on Estuary V2 before I launch in to some skin pages....
Got your update 0.8.7 from official Kodi repo ... and I'm afraid it's broken ... no weather icons on the weather home page Sad

Re-installed 0.8.1 and all OK again (Kodi 16.1).
Working fine here on 5 separate installs, 16.1 and 17.... So need more info and debug logs.
Actualy try uninstall and reinstall. There's a new dependency and Kodi might not check that for existing add-ons.
(2016-12-20, 14:08)bossanova808 Wrote: Actualy try uninstall and reinstall. There's a new dependency and Kodi might not check that for existing add-ons.

It should.....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
... and what's the dependency?
@LeKodeur

<import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup4" version="4.3.2"/>

...But a debug log will tell us what is going on.

@Martijn - on one of my installs, I had to manually add that module to get it to work as I recall. Even though the above line is in the addon.xml

Should that be enough to do it? Or did I miss something? I completely re-wrote the scraper using bs4 (it used tyo use that old parseDOM thing)
Nope, it's not 'script.module.beautifulsoup4" version="4.3.2"', I've already got it loaded.

I'll send you a debug log when I get a chance over the week-end. Cheers and thanks @bossanova808
@LeKodeur that would be good...probably location related, some scraper issue then. If in the meantime you shoot me your suburb/postcode I can try the same settings here

(also what skin are you using and Kodi version?)
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5