• 56(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Honestly my NUC (w SSD) boots in < 10 seconds so on/off may well be the quicker option! And it's completely reliable with on/off from remote. You can definitely make it wait for network at startup, too.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
For anyone having Android PIL problems with the radar, Kodi 17.6 has fixed it for me
Well that's interesting - didn't see anything about PIL in the fixes.  I wonder if that's somehow more system related or something...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Yeah that's possible, either way I am happy now!
Hello @bossanova808

I am trying to install your add-on, but I keep getting the following error. I read back the last few pages, but did not see anyone report a similar problem. Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen

Yes, I broke it - woops.  I'll submit a new PR tonight to fix it up...give it a couple days I guess before that is merged.

(It's because the requests lib has a new dependency on urllib3 and this broke my addon for sub-profiles....I wasn't sure why so I attempted to add it as an explicit dependency and stuffed it up, woops.  I think now that it must be that somehow in my sub profiles the requests lib has been disabled...no idea why...so I will remove the dependency anyway, should get folks running again).

(I really do need to do some nicer skin files for Estuary, too...but I jsut can't get on board with Estuary...)
Thanks bossanova808. No problems. Smile

I am in no hurry. It is just for my test machine. I am writing up a wiki page and just wanted a screenshot of the Weather home page in the default skin. I'll check back in a few days. I can take the screenshot on my main HTPC.

Regards
Karellen
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-29, 01:49)bossanova808 Wrote: @Karellen

Yes, I broke it - woops.  I'll submit a new PR tonight to fix it up...give it a couple days I guess before that is merged.

(It's because the requests lib has a new dependency on urllib3 and this broke my addon for sub-profiles....I wasn't sure why so I attempted to add it as an explicit dependency and stuffed it up, woops.  I think now that it must be that somehow in my sub profiles the requests lib has been disabled...no idea why...so I will remove the dependency anyway, should get folks running again).

Thanks for confirming, I just got this error for the first time and came here hoping for answers. Mission accomplished Smile
(2017-11-29, 01:49)bossanova808 Wrote: (I really do need to do some nicer skin files for Estuary, too...but I jsut can't get on board with Estuary...)

Yes please! I must admit, I've just gotten used to it. Could probably complain about how blah blah blah compared to confluence, but the screen is a means to and end; to play content. So, I just got used to it Smile Would LOVE to get back BOM radars!
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
oh, the BOM radar is supposed to work? I didn't think it did. It doesn't work for me in Estuary, Transparency!, Rapier, Horizon or Aeon Nox.

Is it supposed to work in any of those skins?
My Signature
@Karellen

It works in Confluence (with a custom MyWeather.xml and DialogSeek.xml) - but this predates the current weather stuff by about 7 years so I'll have to look at how the map stuff is implemented in current skins to make it work with those I guess.
This is now fixed.  

UI'll truy and look at Estuary soon, for at least some basic radar support.
Thank you @bossanova808 Smile
My Signature
Ok, so I am about half way through porting the skin file to Estuary....it would have been much quicker except for the whole 720 to 1080 change

The Work In Progress is here - https://github.com/bossanova808/reposito...eather.xml

...basically, if you copy that over the Estuary MyWeather.xml (back the original file up first) - that will give you radars again.  The left hand side is OK.  But I've not had a chance to do the right hand side - it's basically just making things bigger and putting them in the right spot (so ultimately it will look much like:

...this is an official CALL FOR HELP - if you folks want it, I'd super appreciate you supplying a couple of hours of your time changing the various posx posy and width / height of the right hand side elements (starts around line 150 -  <!-- RIGHT PANEL GROUP  -->) ... to make this look like the above again ^

If someone helps me with that I'll knock up the changes to DialokSeek, too, and then we're offically supporting Estuary.

NB - I like all my weather on one page, no scrolling etc, hence the above approach - also, it keeps it consistent with the Confluence stuff.

So - pull requests welcomed, or even just dm me the file here!!

...a hopeful Thanks In Advance goes out to you!
@all

Ok, I've gone ahead and knocked up some Estuary skin files....about as much as I am willing to do since I don't want to use Estuary personally (it's all the untidy bits half on and half off the screen that bother me!)

Anyway - wiki updated with some screenshots etc - http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Oz_Weather - and you can get the actual files here: https://github.com/bossanova808/reposito...older).zip

As ever you'll have to copy over the files to your skin (Estuary) folder - to the xml folder in this case....or start your own fork of the skin so you don't have to keep doing this.
Here's a picture:

...and yes, some huge storms are heading Melbourne way right now....
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5