• 70(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
In the meantime, you could manually take the background images and convert them to RGB, re-save them, and disable the periodic updating of background images.  Someone has done that in the past if you search this thread (which is why the 'don't refresh backgrounds' feature was added..
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@bossanova808 

Hope you had a nice break!

Out of the blue I get an error notification tonight. Everything works fine except the ABC weather report (which I assume is what causes the error).

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/leqaroxono.kodi

Found this line:

Quote:File "C:\Users\Rieche\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.ozweather\resources\lib\abcvideo.py", line 48, in getABCWeatherVideoLink log("********** Couldn't get ABC video page", inst)

Thoughts?

EDIT: Looks like their site is down..

EDIT: Never mind, it is working again. I use a DNS proxy which can interfere with some URLs when there is an IP address mismatch (happens after restarting the router). I updated my DNS settings and done.
@bossanova808

I have had a go at getting weather.ozweather working in Kodi 19.0-ALPHA1
It all seems ok.
I have posted the changes into the GIT as a pull request.

I note that the changes I have made will break compatibility with python2.

https://github.com/bossanova808/weather....her/pull/4

Regards
Rudi
Hi Rudi

As per github - thanks for your work here.  I'm not on top of Python3 yet personally, so not quite ready to properly review and merge  - but this at least gives brave V19 testers a branch they can pull from until I get to the point I can review and merge this (and my plan was to use move to a Python 3 / Leia only version and make the current version Matirx and below legacy code...so no real issue there I think).

I will hopefully get to this work in early to mid February...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(2020-01-06, 05:37)bossanova808 Wrote: Hi Rudi

As per github - thanks for your work here.  I'm not on top of Python3 yet personally, so not quite ready to properly review and merge  - but this at least gives brave V19 testers a branch they can pull from until I get to the point I can review and merge this (and my plan was to use move to a Python 3 / Leia only version and make the current version Matirx and below legacy code...so no real issue there I think).

I will hopefully get to this work in early to mid February...
My Python3 is just a script hacking / learn on the fly :-) Been running for a few days now and has survived a couple of Milhouse mhupdates. So will probably be good.
I used the 2to3 code to do the first level of cleanup (fixed most of the range, unicode, imports, lists, urllib.parse, urllib.request) - was pretty painless.

The retrieve I did have to write (from some examples I googled) - as I wasn't keen in trying to work out why the return codes (200) on retrieve were ending up as the image on obsolete function in urllib2/3. The reference for this investigation was at: https://docs.python.org/3/library/urllib.request.html

Happy to assist further / test / review compatibility / ... let me know.

Thanks for the excellent work in maintaining OzWeather (and juggling Real Life.) :-)
(2019-12-28, 08:54)bossanova808 Wrote: In the meantime, you could manually take the background images and convert them to RGB, re-save them, and disable the periodic updating of background images.  Someone has done that in the past if you search this thread (which is why the 'don't refresh backgrounds' feature was added..
(2019-12-28, 08:54)bossanova808 Wrote: In the meantime, you could manually take the background images and convert them to RGB, re-save them, and disable the periodic updating of background images.  Someone has done that in the past if you search this thread (which is why the 'don't refresh backgrounds' feature was added..

Hi, and thanks for your reply and time while you're on holiday (and sorry I didn't know you actually replied, as I was expecting email notifications on replies like other forums). OK, upon seeing your reply, I thought this would work, as logically it should, but nothing has changed, which is perplexing.

I managed to grab the images, converted them to RGB, and found the appropriate folder /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds, where it turned out all images were there, but only the legend image was RGB. So I converted those to RGB, turned off the periodic updating, restarted Kodi, but still no background to the radar. Restarted Kodi a couple of times, and even rebooted Android, but still no go.

So, just in case it made a difference, I replaced the images with those I had downloaded and converted, but still no change. Then upon finding another folder /userdata/addondata/weatherozweather/currentloop/ which had the legend image, I copied the others there as well, to no effect. I even tried having multiple files with different names in both those folders,  because I couldn't help notice that the legend image in the folders was not named IDR.legend.0.png as from their site, but idx.legend.0.png. So I made multiple copies of each with varying combinations of uppercase/lowercase IDR/idx, but still no background images appear in the loop.

Also I should add that while that legend image was there, it doesn't actually show up, just the copyright warning, rainfall overlay and counter. Anyway, no rush, thanks for your time, and enjoy your holiday. Cheers
Thanks heaps for OzWeather, bossanova808. I'm not sure if this is the right spot for it, but I thought I'd share my MyWeather.xml mod for Aeon Nox Silvo (Leia):
Radar & Overview

Forecast:

Files available here.
Looks fancy!  I like the fire danger thing...

Generally the best place is to put files in the OzWeather Wiki entry....which anyone can do.
I like the look of this add-on but can't get the extended features working. I'm not a computer expert by any means but I can usually follow instructions along sufficiently to get by. In this instance, I fear I must have muddled something.

I’m running the latest version of Kodi on Windows 10. My Kodi setup is very vanilla and uses the default Estuary skin. I am not using any other weather add-ons.

I downloaded and installed the latest version of the OzWeather add-on and configured to use the extended features. I confirmed that the requests and urllib3 modules are enabled. I downloaded the skin change zip file for Estuary in Leia and copied the MyWeather.xml  and DialogSeekBar.xml files to the xml folder in my local skin installation folder. I trust this means the following folder: 

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.estuary

I restarted Kodi but the problem is that when I select Weather from the main menu I don’t see the radar. I can see the 8 day forecast but only in the standard layout.

I tried to load the radar URL from the debug log in a browser  and it said the site couldn’t be reached. However, this was probably on account that I wasn’t exactly sure what I need to copy from the log. I can see that the radar images have successfully downloaded to the local add-on installation folder so I assume this means that they’re downloading ok.

My issue appears to be related to getting the skin changes to take effect. Did I miss a step somewhere? Have I misunderstood where the "local skin installation folder" is located? Any help would be appreciated. My debug log file is here: Debug Log
@PhatAlex You copy the skin files into the skin directory itself, not the addon_data directory (which is for settings and downloaded maps etc) - so you're looking for the addons/skin.estuary/xml folder

Once you pop the files in there (over-writing the existing ones, you might want to back them up first...) - then restart Kodi and it should all work from there.
Found the addons/skin.estuary/xml folder and the add-on is now working. It looks awesome! Thanks bossanova808 for the prompt response and for building such a great add-on in the first place. Cheers.
@bossanova808 

The add-on stopped working overnight and throws an error.

Debug Log

Any idea?
I'll have A look tomorrow but it's almost always just a temp glitch with weatherzone and fixes itself...
(2020-04-14, 13:01)bossanova808 Wrote: I'll have A look tomorrow but it's almost always just a temp glitch with weatherzone and fixes itself...

Fair enough, let's give it some time. Thanks for the quick reply!
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5