• 14(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
That links to a PVR pic??

You need to replace a couple Confluence skin files - it's in the wiki page - gives you radar too -
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Oz_Weather

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I'm sorry here is the proper pic:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692...06041.png/

will check the wiki link..thanks

I use Aeon MQ3....
Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
(2012-05-31, 14:35)bossanova808 Wrote: I am about to commit and then request a pull of a new version...once they look at it it will make its way out to the wide world...

V0.3.8
- Only import PIL if extended features are activated (means on platforms like Crystalbuntu without PIL you can still get BOM weather data at least without having to edit any code)
- some radars (e.g. IDR072) - were not on the ftp server, they now get pulled in by http if they're available that way (thanks youngman!)
- backgrounds are refreshed every 24 hours to pick up any changes at the BOM

Still getting PIL Errors...

19:55:39 T:2694138768 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
19:55:39 T:2694138768 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
19:55:39 T:2694138768 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named PIL
19:55:39 T:2694138768 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/root/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 613, in <module>
forecast(location, radar)
File "/root/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 223, in forecast
buildImages(radarCode)
File "/root/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 344, in buildImages
prepareBackgrounds(radarCode)
File "/root/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 312, in prepareBackgrounds
downloadBackground(radarCode, "IDR.legend.0.png")
File "/root/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 247, in downloadBackground
from PIL import Image
ImportError: No module named PIL
19:55:39 T:2694138768 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

I'm going back to the previous default.py script where I only had to remove line 24 to get the PlugIn to work....

Turn off advanced features in the settings (since you can't use them without PIL) and the errors will go away (make sure you save the settings properly).

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Hi,

Its working with AEON MQ3:
Only need to copy over MyWeather.xml
and delete lines:
Code:
<control type="label">
    <include>WindowTitleCommons</include>
    <posx>220</posx>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[8]</label>
</control>
Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
Can you screenshot? Tried Nox? I will add that to the wiki I guess.

Good to know!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/...06050.png/

I took out the <label>$LOCALIZE[8]</label> because it overlapped a little & I thought I didnt really need it..

1. Have to have a look at the 10 Degrees Temp looks a little weird...
2. Any way to have those icons animate like the main menus?
3. Any way to have a full 7 day forecast on the main menu as mine has 4 days only?

Many thanks.
Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
(2012-06-04, 16:19)Hopelessone Wrote: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/...06050.png/

I took out the <label>$LOCALIZE[8]</label> because it overlapped a little & I thought I didnt really need it..

1. Have to have a look at the 10 Degrees Temp looks a little weird...
2. Any way to have those icons animate like the main menus?
3. Any way to have a full 7 day forecast on the main menu as mine has 4 days only?

Many thanks.

Yeah all of that is skin stuff and I don't have the time to work on other skins as well I'm afraid - you'll need to get your hands dirty or find someone else with some xml skills to do it. I think the Aeons are popular and people would be grateful, and it's about the easiest way to get busy with making XBMC your won, little skin mods, that is.

Fixing up the basic page will be really easy (you should really leave the provider string in as the BOM really want you to....) - the other two requests a bit harder but basically easy enough I'd say if the skin is providing animated icons already...I didn't think there was a completed set yet as such. I know the plan is/was to bring those into Confluence at some point as default but I think with these new ones arriving, now perhaps not? I bet if you just redirect it at the animated icon set, away it will go (might need to change to multiimage controls depending on how they work).

The hardest part will be the front page 4 to 7 thing I'd say - but basically copy one of the boxes, add three more, and tweak all the locations, hopefully you have room! Might look abit busy though, so then you will want to shrink them down to look right..can take hours and hours to get right but is not technically hard Wink

Ok I'm back on the old script, now how do I stop this Plugin from Auto updating ?

How about you just turn off extended features like I said?
Because extended features were working in the last script once I had manually downloaded the background radar images, converted them manually and taken out line 24 from the default.py script. :-)

hmmm ok - good point. Most people aren't going to bother though, so it works better for them. But combined with the fact it now refreshes backgrounds once a day (to pick up any changes etc), this will indeed be slightly more awkward for you.

Let me think on it.
I'm quite happy as I don't need the backgrounds changing.

I would leave your script as is, for the majority it works straight out of the box so to speak...

Hey there boss, sorry to bother... I'm getting right into the monthly cycles & nightlies (AudioEngine & finally music via AirPlay in Windows, yay!)... and the only thing stopping me from using the nightly builds on my main set-up is that your fonts.xml is now at odds with XBMC's lovely new fonts.

So... I shouldn't be bothering you about compatibility with alpha builds, but I was hoping that you might have been tinkering with them yourself?...
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
I installed one tonight as it happens. I'll have a play with it, shouldn't be too crazy to fix it up.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5