• 55(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
@Wolf35

Everything is fine in the log, it's definitely getting the radar images....you must have the skin set up wrong somehow I'd say

(also - when you do debug log, turn off all your scanning, do a clean reboot, so that it's a minimal debug log - there's a ridiculous amount of stuff to wade through otherwise).

DEBUG: Using cached radar image: 001498698836.IDR493.T.201706290020.png
11:13:57.247 T:12268 DEBUG: Using cached radar image: 001498698836.IDR493.T.201706290030.png
11:13:57.247 T:12268 DEBUG: Using cached radar image: 001498698836.IDR493.T.201706290040.png
11:13:57.247 T:12268 DEBUG: Using cached radar image: 001498698836.IDR493.T.201706290050.png
11:13:57.247 T:12268 DEBUG: Using cached radar image: 001498698836.IDR493.T.201706290100.png
11:13:57.248 T:12268 DEBUG: Retrieving new radar image: ftp://USER:[email protected]//anon...290110.png
11:13:57.248 T:12268 DEBUG: Output to file: 001498698836.IDR493.T.201706290110.png
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@Ozknight

I'm sorry but I am not going to go searching back for other folks issues - if you want help I need a full description and a debug log please.

(But I will say that it will almost certainly be a Kodi issue with PIL on Android that I can't personally solve...there's no other known issues 1ith 17.3 and I have it on maybe 10 machines working fine in all...)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
@bassanova808

No worries. I didn't bother posting a log as I'm sure it's the PIL issue which I know is out of your hands. Just saying it's not an isolated problem.

I'll keep playing with it and report back if I have any joy.
Is there a specific URL for the required Krypton > Confluence skin?
Not as such, no

In my repo there is my own version of Confluence which has the OzWeather changes in it obviously...but also some others you might not want/need (I get rid of radio stuff, artist slideshow is supported...that's about it I think).

But you can take that and use it to build your own Confluence fork basically...which is really how I should do it more properly I suppose, with a guthub fork I guess....
Thanks, found you in Github.
Hi,
FYI just grabbed and installed confluence from your repos.

Weather radar works, but lost all text displays, i.e. EPG shows up with program blocks but no text (Linux Ubuntu running Cinnamon desktop 16.04 LTS)

Cheers.
Hmm - no idea - working fine on 2 windows and 4 librelec installs here...I'll have a think but no immediate ideas...
(2016-02-07, 23:28)LeKodeur Wrote: I'm not a skinner so could only do a 'quick-and-nasty' 1080p conversion on a moded Aeon MQ6 skin (1080p version 3.3.0.1) for MyWeather and DialogSeekBar. If anyone want them please PM me separately.

I have tried to PM you but the system wont let me. Is the any chance i could get this from you.

Thanks
So I just installed this add-on onto a freshly installed LibreElec installation

On bootup, the Oz Weather addon pops up with an error

I have the logfile here

I'm not sure if this is a common thing so apologies if this has been asked before!

Anyway, hope someone can help Smile
@KoopaTroopa - nothing to do with OzWeather, your internet is not working - there are several of these above the ozweather issue as well

11:00:18.899 T:3742925728 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'socket.gaierror'>
Error Contents: (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 324, in <module>
forecast(locationUrlPath, radar)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 226, in forecast
buildImages(radarCode, updateRadarBackgrounds, backgroundsPath, overlayLoopPath)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/resources/lib/bom.py", line 208, in buildImages
ftp = ftplib.FTP("ftp.bom.gov.au")
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 120, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 135, in connect
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 557, in create_connection
gaierror: (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution')
-->End of Python script error report<--

you might need to set Kodi to not start before the network is up (in libreleec settings)
Great that seems to have solved it, thanks Smile
is there a way to make weather refresh a few time when resuming from suspend instead of throwing a error because the network hasnt loaded. my network takes like 10 seconds to reconnect and the weather loads straight away thanks
Not in my control I am afraid - Kodi decides when it is called.  I think librelec has options for waiting on network etc. and there may be other ways to tackle improving that network restore...

Might be worth looking at just how much you save with suspend...depending on your hardware it might be so little as to be not worth it.  I do suspend/off my main htpc, but when e.g. travelling I use a little NUC and it's draw is so small I don't bother.  Suspend and Kodi has always been a tad painful...although 10 secs for network seems like a fair bit...
(2017-11-13, 02:45)bossanova808 Wrote: Not in my control I am afraid - Kodi decides when it is called.  I think librelec has options for waiting on network etc. and there may be other ways to tackle improving that network restore...

Might be worth looking at just how much you save with suspend...depending on your hardware it might be so little as to be not worth it.  I do suspend/off my main htpc, but when e.g. travelling I use a little NUC and it's draw is so small I don't bother.  Suspend and Kodi has always been a tad painful...although 10 secs for network seems like a fair bit...

im guessing 10 sec for wifi to connect could be less but either way weather tries to update before its connected im using a nuc so guess ill have to leave it on or turn it off thanks any way
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5