• 64(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Well, it suggests it can't load the current conditions.  I'd need to know your settings to test it here...but in general there is no known issue currently.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I've just started getting the same error:
12:18:03.760 T:3511690032   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'socket.timeout'>
                                            Error Contents: timed out
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 327, in <module>
                                                getForecast()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 309, in getForecast
                                                forecast(locationUrlPath, radar)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 226, in forecast
                                                buildImages(radarCode, updateRadarBackgrounds, backgroundsPath, overlayLoopPath)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/resources/lib/bom.py", line 208, in buildImages
                                                files = ftp.nlst()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 530, in nlst
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 441, in retrlines
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 378, in transfercmd
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 337, in ntransfercmd
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 575, in create_connection
                                            timeout: timed out
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Settings.xml;

<settings version="2">
    <setting id="ABCQuality" default="true">1000k</setting>
    <setting id="BGDownloadToggle">true</setting>
    <setting id="ExtendedFeaturesToggle">true</setting>
    <setting id="Location1">Tumbi Umbi, NSW 2261</setting>
    <setting id="Location1UrlPath">/nsw/hunter/tumbi-umbi</setting>
    <setting id="Location2" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location2UrlPath" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3UrlPath" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Radar1">IDR713</setting>
    <setting id="Radar2" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Radar3" default="true"></setting>
</settings>
Yep I managed to trigger it on a couple of locations as well jsut now - looking at those, e.g. http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/central/lorne - you can see that the current conditions are temporarily offline.  Thus I am pretty sure this will fix itself once the data is back online...but I will improve the error handling so it behaves better in this scenario...in theory there was code to do this but it seems Kodi's inner exception handling stuff has changed a bit...

So - sit tight, it will likely fix itself soon, but I will also fix it up as much as I can for the 'gaping holes in data' scenario...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Actually @gregeeh yours is in a completely different area - ftp to the BOM site itself for the radar images is failing there.  In short, I'd say the BOM is having some sort of intermittent outage, it seems.
Ok I submitted a slightly more error tolerant version...but I am already seeing the current conditions back on some of the locations I was testing so...yeah, pretty sure the errors will just go away...
Hi
Yeah, noticed it's fine today. Restarted Kodi, checked the log and your Addon started just fine with no error messages.

Hopefully some error exception handling around this (and I guess in many other places in your Addon) wont be too onerous! :-)

Thanks for the Addon, btw :-)

Peter
There is actually quite a bit in there, but it does seem like Kodi <> python has changed a bit, so not sure how effective it will be...but I've already added some more in V1.0.0 (though I should release v1 after ~ 10 years or whatever it had been!)
I can imagine! And sterling effort! I'll update over next day or 2.

Thanks!
I'm getting OzWeather data just as as small icon with current conditions up in the corner of the screen with the clock. This seems to be the only option using the Arctic Zephyr skin
I'd love to have 'Weather' as a menu item which has 7 day forecast (like when I was using Estuary) but also with the radar as I've seen in this thread.
Is this only possible if you are using certain skins, or should be be possible with most of them?
I have tried to follow instructions on page 1 but without success.
OzWeather provides and fills all the standard weather labels, so if your skin supports weather in general you should at least get the basic data and forecast etc.  That should work with any skin, unless the skin maker simply hasn't implemented weather at all, which I suppose is possible.

Beyond that, to get radar etc, you'd need to find or write a custom MyWeather.xml file for that skin, really.  Although you can sometimes just show in the one I made for Estuary with ok results...
@bossanova808,

I have been using (and supporting in my skin) your weather addon since it arrived on xbmc. On my dev system in particular, I leave error logging turned on so I can quickly find issues with my skin, only problem is that what I am trying to spot can often be lost in a forest of log spam.

Your script generates a lot of messages for first showing empty skin strings and then a little later the same strings as your script populates them. Could we please get a configuration setting to turn on script logging when required and default to off. Also, not sure but logging the empty strings seems redundant, maybe you could consider not logging this and saving a couple of electrons.

Love your work, but would appreciate if you were a little quieter on the log.
Thanks mate.
Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
@wyrm  Yep that's probably a good point, there's a lot left over in there from the early dev times.  I'll have a look at cleaning it up but am away for a week so no promises on the timeline...

BTW you should whack some info in the OzWeather wiki about your skin supporting it maybe... I didn't realise it did.  Or I'd forgotten maybe!
(2019-02-25, 13:11)bossanova808 Wrote: @wyrm  Yep that's probably a good point, there's a lot left over in there from the early dev times.  I'll have a look at cleaning it up but am away for a week so no promises on the timeline...

BTW you should whack some info in the OzWeather wiki about your skin supporting it maybe... I didn't realise it did.  Or I'd forgotten maybe!

Thank you, will keep an eye out for an update. Will also run my eye over the wiki and see what I can do.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
@bossanova808

Firstly a big thanks for all your hard work in creating and maintaining this addon!!! Fair Play.

To be honest im really missing this addon as i have not used it in a while, ever sinse the Aeon Mq 7 & 8 went to 1080p.

I'm only asking this question again as there seems to be alot of actively on the forum, so im kindly asking again if you have any future plans to support 1080p skins?

Look for to your reply.... Cheers
Wink 
(2019-03-02, 11:06)wacko37 Wrote: @bossanova808

Firstly a big thanks for all your hard work in creating and maintaining this addon!!! Fair Play.

To be honest im really missing this addon as i have not used it in a while, ever sinse the Aeon Mq 7 & 8 went to 1080p.

I'm only asking this question again as there seems to be alot of actively on the forum, so im kindly asking again if you have any future plans to support 1080p skins?

Look for to your reply.... Cheers
Maybe now there is more chance of this happening now that both AEON MQ 7 & 8 are now official skins on the Kodi repository  Big Grin
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5