• 68(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
It does not, really.  Working fine on many 18 installs.  But yes if you went to 19 (with the same user profile) and then back to 18, you may have all sorts of mess for sure.

In any case, as per my sig - no help without a *full debug log*.  Sorry!  It is like shooting in the dark otherwise...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2019-11-03, 02:45)bossanova808 Wrote: But yes if you went to 19 (with the same user profile) and then back to 18, you may have all sorts of mess for sure.

That's what I did.

Never had a problem doing so with previous versions. Is it the Python change that is messing things up if you go back to v18?
Yep.  Moving to a recent version of 19 will trigger a mass 'upgrade' of various libraries to their python 3 versions.  Some are Python 2/3 compatible but I believe others are not.  Even with previous versions this would have been risky, but definitely a no no with the Python 3 change...

Not quite sure what your best fix is to be honest.  Ideally restore a pre-19 backup.  But if you can't, then you'll need to do some manual removal/cleanup I think.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
as i posted before edit addon.xml  with update
Are you saying you've actually tested this (my) addon with those updated imports, and everything works correctly?
(2019-11-04, 00:27)bossanova808 Wrote: Yep.  Moving to a recent version of 19 will trigger a mass 'upgrade' of various libraries to their python 3 versions. 

Wish that was communicated a little better.

Does it affect anything other than add-on compatibility?
(2019-11-04, 05:42)bossanova808 Wrote: yesAre you saying you've actually tested this (my) addon with those updated imports, and everything works correctly?

ImageImageImageImage
Well, it's alpha, so by definiton 'use at your own risk' right?

But yeah it can basically affect any addon in the whole system as all the libraries etc will change versions.  I'm not really an expert on it but I would definitely recommend staying away from 19 until the dust settles a lot more, if you make use of addons anyway.  Almost all are not yet Python3 ready as far as I can see...
Yeah so that's only testing the basics - what about radar support and so on?

Also, have you back tested it with previous versions to make sure it doesn't break compatibility with those? 

There's more to it than just bumping numbers (but of course others are free to follow your advice if they want!).
So if I uninstalled my existing Kodi and then reinstalled v18 and set it up again from scratch would I be fine? Or does it safe profile settings somewhere?
(2019-11-05, 07:49)Cinephile Wrote: Or does it safe profile settings somewhere?
Userdata (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
So I simply delete the user data folder?
(2019-11-05, 08:18)Cinephile Wrote: So I simply delete the user data folder?
Which platform are you using?

In Windows, you would delete (or rename) the entire C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\ folder. That is a complete fresh start of Kodi and nothing is saved, but the original program (as installed) remains intact.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks! That’ll have to be the price I pay.
Anyone else using the files below specifically created for Aeon MQ8?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...bqerpe1yco

The add-on throws an error lately which I have narrowed down to the 'extended features' option. I believe it is due to the ABC weather report video causing issues. The log says:

File "...\Kodi\addons\weather.ozweather\resources\lib\abcvideo.py", line 48, in getABCWeatherVideoLink
                                                log("********** Couldn't get ABC video page", inst)
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5