• 88(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
@Karellen Seems there is a bit of a backlog with addon update reviews?  Any idea when that might start heading in the right direction?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2021-06-10, 11:14)bossanova808 Wrote: Seems there is a bit of a backlog with addon update reviews?  Any idea when that might start heading in the right direction?
Yea, there sure is. I have pinged the team to see if anyone can help out.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK, I consider V2 to be pretty stable at this point.  I can't do much to speed up the Addon review, but for anyone that wants to get started...

These links will get you the essentially latest V2 pre-release, plus the tool to automatically patch skin files (for Estuary, Estouchy and Confluence).

OzWeather: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxma0yak8y8ss1...7.zip?dl=0
Skin Patcher: install from my repo as per the instructions in the wiki - version 0.1.3 has been released and includes updates for OzWeather 2.  Currently supports Estuary, Estouchy and Confluence.

There have been a LOT of changes with this version, so I am keen for some folks to test it.  That said, I have been using it a few weeks now, testing several locations, on multiple Kodi platforms (Windows, Coreelec (linux) and Android, and it's all going very smoothly).

Thanks to the Melbourne lockdown, I've unexpectedly had a bit of extra time, so I've gone ahead and updated the Wiki, including changing the screenshots to the new version.  Given that the lockdown is now over (for now at least), I might not have much time again, so thought I'd get as much as I can out of the way whilst I had time.

I am open to the idea of adding support for other skins, but I have no idea what folks are using. 

Feel free to ask here, and I will see what I can do (no promises!) - I have deliberately written as much as I can in a skin independent way, so in theory supporting new skins should be fairly easy...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Works a treat!  Thanks @bossanova808 for your enduring, indispensable contribution to a 'localised' Kodi experience.
𝕓'𝕤𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚
KODI v20 'Nexus' with SKIN Arctic Horizon
NAS Synology DiskStation DS212j with PVR TVheadend
HTPC Intel NUC5i5RYH with OS Windows 10
Glad it is working for you @b'sketti !
Add support for Amber to the skin patcher (v0.1.4, available from my repo, and must be used with OzWeather V2 - see up: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3042406 )

(@Tyreless ...this one is for you....gives you this:

...if you want it, of course!)
I feel special, thanks. But the add on failed to load. Log attached (I hope it’s the right one).

Log
Ignore my previous post - it loaded when I tried again. I’ll try the patch soon.
Ok cool - the addon has new dependencies so those need to be installed/enabled and I am not sure how automatic that is when installing from a zip.

In any case, OzWeather V2 has been approved today, so the official version should arrive quote soon. 

Let me know how the patcher goes.
(2021-06-14, 09:34)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok cool - the addon has new dependencies so those need to be installed/enabled and I am not sure how automatic that is when installing from a zip.

In any case, OzWeather V2 has been approved today, so the official version should arrive quote soon. 

Let me know how the patcher goes.
All good. Patcher worked. Upgraded to v2.0 automatically. Only problem was that it couldn't find information for North Curl Curl (postcode 2099) so I am using Dee Why instead (same postcode). Radar and extended information works, thanks!
@Tyreless - good to hear! 

Re: your location, try using 'North Curl' as the location you search for, rather then the postcode - comes straight up then.   (With the patcher, you'll have to re-run that each time Amber is updated, obviously...not much I can do about that really!)

OzWeather V2 is now arriving everywhere so keen to hear how folks go with it!
Hi boss,

It finds the suburb, whether I search 2099 or North Curl. But it doesn't download the weather information. Instead it gives an error. Do you want to try it, or would you prefer a log?
Ah, right.  I have reproduced it here, will give it a look, thanks...apparently there's no 'Feels Like' data available for that location, which I hadn't come across...
Yeah that station misses a bunch of data, so I've made a few fixes to cope with such stations.  But the better solution is to use a nearby location with better data....as you basically are.

(I'll just see if any other things pop up for a bit before pushing the changes...don't want to annoy the Kodi Gods with too many review requests!).
Thanks boss. I reckon it feels the same in North Curly as in Dee Why, so I'll stick with Dee Why. Appreciate all your work on this.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5