• 89(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
I think bisk is talking about the bulk renamer module in EMM, while fional is talking about theRenamer, a wholly separate piece of software. Am I wrong?
(2012-07-16, 03:46)_matt_ Wrote: I think bisk is talking about the bulk renamer module in EMM, while fional is talking about theRenamer, a wholly separate piece of software. Am I wrong?

Ah ye, I thought he was as well..
I have the same issue as someone pointed out earlier in this thread - many of the movie posters are in Russian language. Any idea how this can be avoided?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
So I'm trying to gauge a few things regarding what version of the .NET framework is the most predominant so I can direct my developemnt accordingly.
I've created a poll that hopefully will allow me to get some insight.

Please take a minute to visit the poll and choose.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
(2012-07-17, 15:18)bodrick Wrote: So I'm trying to gauge a few things regarding what version of the .NET framework is the most predominant so I can direct my developemnt accordingly.
I've created a poll that hopefully will allow me to get some insight.

Please take a minute to visit the poll and choose.

I have 4.0 Client Profile and 4.0 Extended installed on my machine, though I don't know which apps use which! I voted for Client profile because it was first.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-07-16, 03:46)_matt_ Wrote: I think bisk is talking about the bulk renamer module in EMM, while fional is talking about theRenamer, a wholly separate piece of software. Am I wrong?

That's exactly what I was talking about.
(2012-07-17, 20:39)bisk Wrote:

That's exactly what I was talking about.

Ah, sorry Bisk, then I don't know!
Hi guys, each time I try to start up ember i get this error is it something cause of my own stupidy or is it something else

http://pastebin.com/JR1XE7Ue
I've been using EMM for several years now and I've loved it ever since.
I was very pleased to hear that development has been picked up again.
I have however an issue that I can't solve.
I have the option to automatically rename folder and files when scraping multiple movies checked.
When I start scraping EMM freezes after the first attemp to rename the scraped movie.
I don't have the problem when I deactivate this option or when I manually click a movie and select rename.
Anyone has the same problem or has a fix for this?
I'ts quite annoying when scraping multiple 100's of movies.
(2012-07-03, 10:33)gmk2 Wrote:
(2012-07-03, 06:02)boccman Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 05:09)Flomaster Wrote: I have my sources mapped as network drives. I couldn't get my soureces to work like \\tower\Movies either so mine now looks like this W:\ seemed kinda odd, but it was the only way to get my movies into ember.

-=Jason=-

I also used to have that same problem. I had to map my network drives to have my media recognized in EMM.

I have used ember with network sources for years including Bodrick's current versions - when I initially set this up I found that Ember was not trapping write permission issues to the network path as the user that windows ran ember with did not have sufficient privileges. Might be something to check. The one thing that I cannot get to work is running ember off a network path which hits some .net security error however that is not as much of an issue.

I tried mapping it to a network drive and still no luck. How can I check if it is getting proper permissions? I have full access (read/write) when using Windows Explorer. Any ideas? Thank you so much!
(2012-07-19, 09:40)versieck Wrote: I've been using EMM for several years now and I've loved it ever since.
I have the option to automatically rename folder and files when scraping multiple movies checked.
When I start scraping EMM freezes after the first attemp to rename the scraped movie.
I don't have the problem when I deactivate this option or when I manually click a movie and select rename.

I'm having the exact same problem and also haven't found a solution. I've tried limiting what I'm scrapping (NFO only etc..) with no luck.
(2012-07-21, 15:18)DustL82 Wrote:
(2012-07-19, 09:40)versieck Wrote: I've been using EMM for several years now and I've loved it ever since.

I'm having the exact same problem and also haven't found a solution. I've tried limiting what I'm scrapping (NFO only etc..) with no luck.

Are you using movie.tbn, movie.nfo instead of <movie>... ?

Autorenamer work without problems for me.
(2012-07-21, 16:00)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 15:18)DustL82 Wrote:

We are having the issue with Auto Scrape not Auto Rename.
(2012-07-22, 03:53)DustL82 Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 16:00)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 15:18)DustL82 Wrote: I'm having the exact same problem and also haven't found a solution. I've tried limiting what I'm scrapping (NFO only etc..) with no luck.

We are having the issue with Auto Scrape not Auto Rename.

Maybe you should read his post again he is talking about the renamer when autoscraping.
Hi, I'm trying to run Ember Media Manager on Windows XP 32bit.
I downloaded Ember 1.3.0.7 (and 1.3.0.6) from the site in the OP.

When I tried to run Ember Media Manager.exe, I get the following error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135)"

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26