• 91(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-07-30, 17:24)bodrick Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 16:36)mew1033 Wrote: Very much so! Can't wait for the rewrite. Let us know if we can do anything. I'd love to help test if you need it. I'm right in the middle of re scraping my entire collection, so it wouldn't be a big deal to start over.

Thanks again!

P.S. Do you have any sort of timeline for us for the rewrite?

No timeline yet I'm afraid, as they say its done when its done, however I will need people to test it once its closer to something workable and usable.

Happy to test when the time comes!
(2012-07-23, 11:04)versieck Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 16:00)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 15:18)DustL82 Wrote: I'm having the exact same problem and also haven't found a solution. I've tried limiting what I'm scrapping (NFO only etc..) with no luck.

Are you using movie.tbn, movie.nfo instead of <movie>... ?

Autorenamer work without problems for me.

I'm using <movie> for all my files.

Found a solution but not sure why it works.
I moved the ember folder back to the desktop where it was in the first place.
It seems that the problem arose afer i moved the ember folder under c:\program files.
Weird as I'm full admin on this machine.
Maybe this can help other people experiencing the same problem.

Does anyone know if you can tell Ember to go back and re-generate all the image files you've chosen? For example, if I decide one day that I want to include posters saved as folder.jpg in addition to whatever else I've been doing, currently the only way to get Ember to re-generate that file is to re-scrape the movie. Not something I'd like to do for all my movies.

Maybe just a button that says, "Re-generate images"

Thanks for all your work bodrick!
there is an option to save movies fanart to backdrops
but how can I do it for tv shows ?
thanks
MD
Hi there all. I went to update my movie library today and it appears that Yanfoe is dead, probably for good, it was unable to scrape any new material.

I've been using EMM for a while for my TV shows, but this is my first attempt at using it for movies. Things seemed to go pretty well for the most part but I did have a couple of questions.

I notice that the only time EMM is able to show the media streams for my movies is if they are AC3, DTS, DTS-MA and H264. It seems totally oblivious about VC-1 video codec and True-HD for audio. Is there any way to tag these media types for my titles that have them or use a different scrape engine that will pick up on these media types?

Second question is that in XBMC I use some views that require additional artwork that Ember doesn't seem able to scrape. Is there any way to enhance EMM art scraping capability so that it is more thorough for XBMC?

Thanks.
(2012-08-04, 01:37)voip-ninja Wrote: Hi there all. I went to update my movie library today and it appears that Yanfoe is dead, probably for good, it was unable to scrape any new material.

I've been using EMM for a while for my TV shows, but this is my first attempt at using it for movies. Things seemed to go pretty well for the most part but I did have a couple of questions.

I notice that the only time EMM is able to show the media streams for my movies is if they are AC3, DTS, DTS-MA and H264. It seems totally oblivious about VC-1 video codec and True-HD for audio. Is there any way to tag these media types for my titles that have them or use a different scrape engine that will pick up on these media types?

Second question is that in XBMC I use some views that require additional artwork that Ember doesn't seem able to scrape. Is there any way to enhance EMM art scraping capability so that it is more thorough for XBMC?

Thanks.

I'm currently working on improving the scraper capabilities of Ember so that in theory they should be exactly what XBMC is capable of. In regards to the audio streams, I'm guessing that either that Ember doesn't recognize those types (internally), or that the external dll it uses to read media info from the files cannot handle those types, I'll look into this though, its quite possible it just needs an update.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
(2012-08-04, 23:17)bodrick Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 01:37)voip-ninja Wrote: Hi there all. I went to update my movie library today and it appears that Yanfoe is dead, probably for good, it was unable to scrape any new material.

Thanks.

I'm currently working on improving the scraper capabilities of Ember so that in theory they should be exactly what XBMC is capable of. In regards to the audio streams, I'm guessing that either that Ember doesn't recognize those types (internally), or that the external dll it uses to read media info from the files cannot handle those types, I'll look into this though, its quite possible it just needs an update.

Thanks. Yanfoe was able to detect VC1 and True-HD so I expect that there is something out there that can interrogate the files and learn about those media types.

Even if we were given the choice of setting them manually that would be an adequate workaround.
anyone having issues scrapping tv series in absolute order? i'm been trying to scrape a series (Detective Conan) but it keeps scraping in the default order no matter what i do. any suggestions?

also, Ember has some issues fetching extrathumbs from certain mkv files. the program basically locks up. anyone else having this problem?
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to get EMM to ignore some files in a folder?

For example, some of my movies have bonus videos in the same folder for my YAMJ setup from earlier on which i still use.

ie. my film folder my appear as:
---> batman (2012) bluray
batman (2012) bluray.mkv
batman (2012) bluray.srt
batman (2012) bluray [Bonus - Deleted Scenes].mkv
batman (2012) bluray [Bonus - Making].mkv
batman (2012) bluray.jpg
batman (2012) bluray-fanart.jpg

Is there anyway i can tell EMM to ignore movie files with maybe the word "Bonus" in its name?

Otherwise i get multiple file names of same movie appearing in my side panel and then it scrapes for each file and creates poster fan art and nfo's even for the bonus material!

The other option i had was when choosing the directory to browse there is an option to only get the one video file from each folder, however that gets a bonus video file and not the actual movie!

Thanks and i appreciate your help!

Oh and one other issue im getting is that when im scraping for new movies and its looking for a poster, its often popping up a dialogue box and saying that the poster found is not of the size i wanted?! I however did not set any size and am fine with it getting the best available one!

Is there any way i can tell it to ignore the recommended size and just get the best one available? I tried looking at settings for this but couldn't find anything different to set!

Thanks!
Ember keeps crashing (Not responding) when I try and scrape more then one movie at a time.

The log always says

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Could not find a part of the path 'T:\Movies\DVDs\CITY_OF_GOD\movie.nfo'.
StackTrace:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
   at EmberAPI.NFO.SaveMovieToNFO(DBMovie& movieToSave)
Date/Time: 07/08/2012 22:05:23
===========================================================================================

I think it is to do with the renamer, as movie.nfo is located in T:\Movies\DVDs\City_of_God_(2013)

Any help?
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2012-08-06, 12:54)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi Guys,

Yes, Stack the files. This will also make it appear as only 1 movie in XBMC.
Change it to:

batman (2012) bluray.Part1.mkv
batman (2012) bluray.Part1.srt
batman (2012) bluray.Part2.mkv
batman (2012) bluray.Part3.mkv
batman (2012) bluray.Part1.jpg
batman (2012) bluray.Part1-fanart.jpg

There are are one limitation, and that is that all the parts have to be of the same type (i.e. mkv.) You can't have one movie.part1.mkv, and a movie.part2.iso

/om

(2012-08-09, 16:19)oleroc Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 12:54)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi Guys,

Yes, Stack the files. This will also make it appear as only 1 movie in XBMC.
Change it to:

batman (2012) bluray.Part1.mkv
batman (2012) bluray.Part1.srt
batman (2012) bluray.Part2.mkv
batman (2012) bluray.Part3.mkv
batman (2012) bluray.Part1.jpg
batman (2012) bluray.Part1-fanart.jpg

There are are one limitation, and that is that all the parts have to be of the same type (i.e. mkv.) You can't have one movie.part1.mkv, and a movie.part2.iso

/om

Yeh thanks tried this the other day and it worked without even needing me to change the titles of the movies. I left them as originally named and they stacked although i havnt yet tried playing them.
(2012-07-31, 12:57)Chrilleee Wrote: Is there any way I can make the TV-scanner match on how I have my shows arranged?
Show.Name/
----- Season.XX/
---------- Show.Name.SXX.EXX/
--------------- show.blabla.rar

Right now it works if I put all episode folders directly under Show.Name, or unrar them and skips the "Show.Name.SXX.EXX".

Is there anything in the regex I can change to make this work? To make it hit on the Folder name instead of xxx.rar? Or must I put them all in the Show.Name-folder?

I've tried some myself, but not 100% sure on regex and even more confused with what I can choose in EMM.
This I think shall work, but it doesnt:
Season match: [sS](?<season>[0-9]+)[eE]
Episode match: [eE](?<episode>[0-9]+)

And applied both to folder name, whn trying the first one matches on SXX and the second on EXX. What could be wrong with this?

Anyone?
And also, how can I make EMM to NOT create/rename any .nfo-files when using it for TV show? It moves my .nfo-files to .info-files and ceates own .nfo-files. I can't see any option to disable this?
Arch Linux x86_64 | XBMC 10.1-9 | Rapier
Any progress on adding ability to download banner.jpg and poster.jpg? I noticed there was a "Show banner.jpg" option but I'm assuming that doesn't actually download it.

Edit:The reason I think this feature would be beneficial is that there are several XBMC skins now that use both. e.g. banner.jpg when browsing all shows, and poster.jpg (or folder.jpg) when viewing information panel for a show etc.
I have an issue will not download Home Alone 4 or Hostel 3 information from IMDB. I even did manual and it shows the right poster then click ok but nothing downloads window just goes away.

I downgraded to 1.3.0.6 and it works now.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26