• 98(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
hi
since a few days ago the EMM stopped scraping trailers from youtube.
is it just me or there is a bug?
thanks
Hi,

Have been receiving several "out of memory" messages (leading to application exiting) upon scraping several movies lately. Is there some way of filtering images size before scrapping ?

Regards.
(2012-09-21, 22:47)EZ1976 Wrote: hi
since a few days ago the EMM stopped scraping trailers from youtube.
is it just me or there is a bug?
thanks

Most third party You Tube things broke a few days ago - I Know Downloader Helper and the XBMC YouTube Addin both failed after they made a change to You Tube Sad
(2012-09-16, 17:50)Jocker_Boy Wrote: Does anyone can scrappe the Genre type?

I can only get the genres type with tmdb_olympia. but not with tmdb_olympia_v1.5.
And the actors is the otherway.
Hello,

I have a problem with EMM on a new install of Windows 7. I downloaded the latest version and unzipped it to a folder. Opened up EMM to configure and the splash screen stays on top of the configure screens saying" Creating GUI". I though it may need some time to do whatever it does, so I left it open overnight. Checking this morning I find it is in the same condition, with the splash screen still open as described above.
Anything I can do to get this working?
Thanks,
Mark
Guys, how can i get EMM to scrape through TMDB?

I'm trying to scrape UFC but currently it scrapes with IMDB and that isn't bringing up any info or covers and fanart
(2012-09-16, 21:13)robledjl Wrote: does anyone know how to prevent from downloading foreign movie covers? I have to sort through all of them and replace them with american covers...any info on that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I have the same issue.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I have a new feature request for EMM.

In the scrape menu i have only 2 basic option and that is:

1. Automatic (Force best match)
2. Ask (Require input if no exact match)

i would like to have a third and maby a fourt option

3. Automatic (or maby Ask) with direct Edit

This is because i have to EDIT all my movies after scape anyway, If it isn´t the poster thats wrong its the fanart or some missing info, or the genre

would be great if i got up the EDIT dialouge for every movie i scrape and when i close it, the next movie is scraped and the the EDIT dialouge for that movie pops up.

Would LOVE to have this option would save alot of clicks for me and time aswell.

Thanx for a great program
Hi

Just downloaded and started using ember yesterday, did a great job on my movies but cannot get it to scrape my TV shows because the Scrape Media button is greyed out... this was fine on the movies tab.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks
there is an option to put as video source: Bluray 3D?
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
(2012-09-25, 17:50)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2012-09-16, 21:13)robledjl Wrote: does anyone know how to prevent from downloading foreign movie covers? I have to sort through all of them and replace them with american covers...any info on that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I have the same issue.

The guy who took over EMM is in the process of rewriting the whole program. He posted somewhere in this long thread that there a lot of broken code etc. He said he hope to fix the cover issue. However there no time frame on when he will have the revamp EMM out.
(2012-09-18, 13:01)raptorjr Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 11:17)pigeldi Wrote: None of that, it works. There should be a setting that extrathumb is taken as fanart if no fanarf is available, or you can choose one of the extrathumbs manually. However I sometimes have a movie where the automatic extrathumb extraction does not work, mus have something to do with the encoding settings of a movie.

So this should be done automatically(don't seem to do that for me)? I've read somewhere about a player window where you could select the frame you want, grab it, and set it as fanart. Maybe a older version of EMM?
Is the setting you speak of for each videofile or globally? So i know where to look for it.

In the edit dialog of a movie you should have multiple tabs on the top. One should read "Frame Extraction". If you select it you are presented with the "player" you mention. You can load the movie file, scroll through it and select any frame to be saved as extrathumb.

This works for me, although I am not using the latest version. My version is 1.3.0.5 fix 6
(2012-09-26, 04:54)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2012-09-25, 17:50)CaptainKen Wrote:

I have the same issue.

The guy who took over EMM is in the process of rewriting the whole program. He posted somewhere in this long thread that there a lot of broken code etc. He said he hope to fix the cover issue. However there no time frame on when he will have the revamp EMM out.

I would be that guy, still working on it, been dealing with a lot of other issues right now that have taken my attention away from things, but I'm hoping to get the ball rolling and try and get something out for you guys to test.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
Thanks so much for keeping Ember going. There really isn't anything that compares in terms of customization and ease of use.
(2012-09-25, 22:02)candyman2000 Wrote: Hi

Just downloaded and started using ember yesterday, did a great job on my movies but cannot get it to scrape my TV shows because the Scrape Media button is greyed out... this was fine on the movies tab.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks

Same here. I have to scrape each TV show manually because the "Scrape Media" button is grayed out. Also, all the items under Tools drop down menu are grayed out.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26