• 44(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Hi,

i do have a quick question.

The context:

I do have XBMC configured with one directory called /movies/

on the other side, I do get movies automatically into a folder called /staging/

I would like to configure emmr to look into the folder called /staging/, scrape the movie then once all meta informations are retrieved move it into the directory /movies/ and update XMBC.

Is there any addons to do that ?

Thanks

(2012-03-16, 13:30)Randall Lind Wrote: You may not be able to download trailers but I am still getting amazon trailers links on a lot of movies

yeah the links are of no use for me, i need to mass download some trailers for a xbmc box im making up for my father in law who lives in the bush with no net.

anyone that knows of a program or addon or anything i can use that actually works for downloading trailers? dont want to go thru and manually download 300+ trailers lol

used to work for ember back in the old days Sad
I just had to say what an amazing program Ember is!! Wow. What a pleasure to use.

thank you!!
Hi all im having trouble scraping Tv Shows

Want put plot in also frame capture area says missing in big red letters below is the error log

http://pastebin.com/WR7tg5u9

Cheers hope someone can help Dibsta
(2012-03-17, 19:30)dibsta Wrote: Hi all im having trouble scraping Tv Shows

Want put plot in also frame capture area says missing in big red letters below is the error log

http://pastebin.com/WR7tg5u9

Cheers hope someone can help Dibsta

Hi just to let you know i figured it out EMM does not like some titles when i scrap this The Vampire Diaries S03E16-1912 i get the above errors
if i scrap it like this The Vampire Diaries S03E16 it scraps ok so it must be something to do with the 1912

Cheers Dibsta
(2012-03-15, 17:37)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 13:59)generious Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks for work that you have done.
I have finally managed to get sabnzbd to call ember once it has finished a film download and scrape it via the cli options works great now and makes it all nice and automated Smile

If that works with renaming files and folders, plz post a tutorial Wink

I use couchpotato and ember and sabnzbd
Couchpotato to find my films and move them from the default folder to a drop on my nas, once this has been completed then ember starts to scrape.
Couchpotato also downloads the trailers for the selected films.

Ember and SAB and Couchpotato details are in here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9745941/SAB/SAB%...w%20to.pdf

This guide assumes you have ember configured already and pointed at your film location ( I use a temp directory before I move the films into my central location, as I have different categories such as action films, drama, kids, war and so on )

So the full setup is
SAB saves them in C:\Users\userid\Documents\Downloads\complete\movies
couchpotato moves them to w:\drop ( this is a share on a nas )
Ember is configured to look at W:\drop
Ember scrapes them in w:\drop
then I move them into the relevant folders on the nas
I haven't found a way to move say action films into action films directory yet but I'm working on something that will read the nfo and look for the genre tag and then move them into the folder this is still a work in progress.

Contents of the batch file
C:\Ember\emm.exe -newauto -all
TIMEOUT /T 120
taskkill /IM emm.exe /F

The timeout /t 120 is so it waits for ember to finish scraping once completed it will wait for 120 seconds before checking if the emm.exe task is still running ( sometimes it hangs ) and if it is it will kill the process
( /f is force kill )

I only use ember for films and not for TV show as this is managed by Sickbeard and yes I'm aware that couchpotato can scrape and generate NFO's but this doesn't always work correctly and sometimes I want more details which ember can provide.

When I try to start the Ember Media Manager, I receive the following error:

Code:
DefaultSource    Critical    3    SQLite error
no such table: sources

Does anybody has a solution for this?
(2012-03-16, 23:33)frieten Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 13:30)Randall Lind Wrote: You may not be able to download trailers but I am still getting amazon trailers links on a lot of movies

yeah the links are of no use for me, i need to mass download some trailers for a xbmc box im making up for my father in law who lives in the bush with no net.

anyone that knows of a program or addon or anything i can use that actually works for downloading trailers? dont want to go thru and manually download 300+ trailers lol

used to work for ember back in the old days Sad

That's what I did. After trailer download stopped for the first time within ember, I manually downloaded the trailers for around 140 movies. Quite a lot of work but it's woth the work.
(2012-03-19, 18:01)MrHenky Wrote: That's what I did. After trailer download stopped for the first time within ember, I manually downloaded the trailers for around 140 movies. Quite a lot of work but it's woth the work.

When you say "manually" downloaded, do you mean from within ember itself, or do you download a different way?
(2012-03-20, 02:25)tinybilbo Wrote:
(2012-03-19, 18:01)MrHenky Wrote: That's what I did. After trailer download stopped for the first time within ember, I manually downloaded the trailers for around 140 movies. Quite a lot of work but it's woth the work.

When you say "manually" downloaded, do you mean from within ember itself, or do you download a different way?

I manually download all my trailers as well. I mean with that I download them in 720/1080p quality from http://www.movie-list.com or youtube and add them with ember. Ember takes care of moving the trailer to the folder of the movie and renaming the file.

I'm done with links to trailers, because sooner or later the content is no longer available. I find it most irritating when that happens sitting in the couch.
(2012-03-19, 12:51)generious Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 17:37)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 13:59)generious Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks for work that you have done.
I have finally managed to get sabnzbd to call ember once it has finished a film download and scrape it via the cli options works great now and makes it all nice and automated Smile

If that works with renaming files and folders, plz post a tutorial Wink

I use couchpotato and ember and sabnzbd
Couchpotato to find my films and move them from the default folder to a drop on my nas, once this has been completed then ember starts to scrape.
Couchpotato also downloads the trailers for the selected films.

Ember and SAB and Couchpotato details are in here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9745941/SAB/SAB%...w%20to.pdf

This guide assumes you have ember configured already and pointed at your film location ( I use a temp directory before I move the films into my central location, as I have different categories such as action films, drama, kids, war and so on )

So the full setup is
SAB saves them in C:\Users\userid\Documents\Downloads\complete\movies
couchpotato moves them to w:\drop ( this is a share on a nas )
Ember is configured to look at W:\drop
Ember scrapes them in w:\drop
then I move them into the relevant folders on the nas
I haven't found a way to move say action films into action films directory yet but I'm working on something that will read the nfo and look for the genre tag and then move them into the folder this is still a work in progress.

Contents of the batch file
C:\Ember\emm.exe -newauto -all
TIMEOUT /T 120
taskkill /IM emm.exe /F

The timeout /t 120 is so it waits for ember to finish scraping once completed it will wait for 120 seconds before checking if the emm.exe task is still running ( sometimes it hangs ) and if it is it will kill the process
( /f is force kill )

I only use ember for films and not for TV show as this is managed by Sickbeard and yes I'm aware that couchpotato can scrape and generate NFO's but this doesn't always work correctly and sometimes I want more details which ember can provide.

Thanks alot trying that tonight.
Anyone figured the commandline commands and syntax out?

Would so cool to use the folder and renamer from Ember.
The list of commands that are supported.
-fullask
-fullauto
-missask
-missauto
-newask
-newauto
-markask
-markauto
-file
-folder
-export
-template
-resize
-all
-nfo
-posters
-fanart
-extra
-nowindow
-run

TeKo
Something that you can try open ember media manager, select edit ==> settings ==> Modules ==> Renamer
You will see two options here among others called
" Automatically Rename files During Multi-scraper " & " Automatically Rename Files During Single-scarper "

By default these aren't checked, check the box and press apply and ok.
Try running it again against your test folder and it should rename the folders and the files now.
Just tested it against my drop folder it seems to have worked.
i tried scraping a few movies, but ember was only scraping the low res images even though i have it set to X-Large in the settings. is there a way to get the X-Large images or is there something wrong with the api?

thanks!
(2012-03-21, 09:30)generious Wrote: The list of commands that are supported.
-fullask
-fullauto
-missask
-missauto
-newask
-newauto
-markask
-markauto
-file
-folder
-export
-template
-resize
-all
-nfo
-posters
-fanart
-extra
-nowindow
-run

TeKo
Something that you can try open ember media manager, select edit ==> settings ==> Modules ==> Renamer
" Automatically Rename files During Multi-scraper " & " Automatically Rename Files During Single-scarper "

Try running it again against your test folder and it should rename the folders and the files now.

Thanks
Yea I found the list you posted but not really how to use them and what exactly some of them do.

And for the autorename that somehow doesnt really work for me Iam testing again now and report back.

Ah ok found it:
When I use the Autorename I end up with 2 nfos.
Example:
I add 300.mkv
Start scrape and I get 300 (year).mkv and 300 (year).nfo + 300.nfo.

Oh and it only renames files no folders.
(2012-03-22, 14:48)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 09:30)generious Wrote: The list of commands that are supported.
-fullask
-fullauto
-missask
-missauto
-newask
-newauto
-markask
-markauto
-file
-folder
-export
-template
-resize
-all
-nfo
-posters
-fanart
-extra
-nowindow
-run

TeKo

Thanks
Yea I found the list you posted but not really how to use them and what exactly some of them do.

And for the autorename that somehow doesnt really work for me Iam testing again now and report back.

Ah ok found it:
When I use the Autorename I end up with 2 nfos.
Example:
I add 300.mkv
Start scrape and I get 300 (year).mkv and 300 (year).nfo + 300.nfo.

Oh and it only renames files no folders.

Edit settings ==> files and sources
Look for the NFO section on the right
deselect <movie.nfo>
and make sure movie.nfo is checked only.
the double NFO is caused by these ones above.

Not sure about the renamer module for me it is renaming files and folders.

What version of ember are you using btw?

• 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26