• 183(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
(2013-10-01, 13:38)keypox Wrote: My audio is out of sync, I have tried every option ins A/V sync in playback. But they are all out of sync.

In xbmc system options use A/V Sync method: Drop/dupe audio.
Use advancedsettings.xml to adjust the audio delay for normal content, and 24fps playback.
(2013-10-01, 13:35)tomtomme Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 13:16)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: Do you know if this allows reading the temperature monitors?
And whether this is expected to work on kernels earlier than 3.11?
the adaption to ubuntu is easy, but I'm not sure it's worth trying.

the makerpm-skript?
yes it works with kernel < 3.11
for the temperature I use: aticonfig --odgt

but that has nothing to do with the makerpm-skript. The script serves the purpose of building a opensuse-compatible rpm-package from the original catalyst-package and it handles the dependencies right, so that everything builds and installs automagicaly.

Mr. Siebert also often includes some bugfixes and support for newer kernels to make catalyst also work on opensuse tumbleweed. He is in contact with the AMD devs and his makerpm-skript for suse is the only reason I still have not switched to nvidia. I rely on it, because my desktop runs an HD 7950, where the OSS driver still sucks. Mr. Siebert makes catalyst at least tolerable on opensuse.

I doupt porting it to ubuntu makes sense. You should contact Mr. Siebert on that directly.

The catalyst package can self-generate a debian pkg by providing the switch --buildpkg and then you can convert it into rpm if you like
aticonfig --odgt doesn't work, and afaik AMD seems not to provide such functionality on Fusion CPUs like my A10,
this is very annoying as I have no idea on what happens on my HTPC until i put one hand on the chassis.

If I have time, I'll give a try on that release, but I see no real functionality, just bugfixes. Too bad!
(2013-10-01, 14:20)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: The catalyst package can self-generate a debian pkg by providing the switch --buildpkg and then you can convert it into rpm if you like
aticonfig --odgt doesn't work, and afaik AMD seems not to provide such functionality on Fusion CPUs like my A10,
this is very annoying as I have no idea on what happens on my HTPC until i put one hand on the chassis.

If I have time, I'll give a try on that release, but I see no real functionality, just bugfixes. Too bad!

A non-beta bugfix-only release that makes xvba work smooth would be just right.... maybe amd will discontinue catalyst for linux, when mesa reaches opengl 4.x and Mantle releases for linux next year (speculation). It seems to me that they have more man-power on the oss-drivers right now. For catalyst-windows it may be another story.

I tested aticonfig --odgt on my HD 7950, not on my fusion system - too bad that it does not work there. did you try gkrellm or another monitoring tool?
And thanks for the hint on how to make my own rpm, but I rather wait for the makerpm-skript cause it incorporates kernel 3.11 support and usualy other good fixes.
Fusion E-350, 4 GB RAM, SSD, openSUSE Tumbleweed 64bit KDE, Mesa-10.2.3, latest stable Kernel, XBMC FernetMenta-Git
To my knowledge: They have absolutely no one dedicated working on xvba.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-10-01, 13:41)Crypdos Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 13:38)keypox Wrote: My audio is out of sync, I have tried every option ins A/V sync in playback. But they are all out of sync.

Use advancedsettings.xml to adjust the audio delay for normal content, and 24fps playback.

Ok ill mess with advancedsettings.xml some more. Does XBMC need to be restarted after changes to advancedsettings.xml? Why is there any sync issues?
Why do you have sync issues and I don't? :-)

Debug Log or nobody sees what is wrong.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For information: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3354
(2013-10-01, 16:14)keypox Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 13:41)Crypdos Wrote:

Ok ill mess with advancedsettings.xml some more. Does XBMC need to be restarted after changes to advancedsettings.xml? Why is there any sync issues?

Yeah, you need a xbmc restart after changing the settings. It could be that your TV has high input lag, so the picture is late and the sound is early? I don't know, I think there's a lot of factors that could cause this.
I'm getting small irregular stutters with latest xvba testing on livetv, wasn't the case in earlier versions before the vdpau related commits. (at least I think thats what it is, there was a commit message about long decodings and thats exactly what I get when it stutters.) I'm back on earlier xvba-testing now just to make sure it's not my dvb signal that got worse or something.

XBMC (13.0-ALPHA8 Git:e461185)
Linux (Ubuntu quantal (12.10), 3.5.0-39-generic i686)
Nvidia ION

debug log of two stutters: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=64825
(2013-10-01, 20:38)fritsch Wrote: For information: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3354

Great news! Kabini will be great!
ImageImage
Radeon, XBMC, HD Audio plus a 50% decrease in CPU usage over Catalyst

Arch Linux

1. Install of Arch.
2. Re-Compile Kernel from ABS with the Radeon and ALSA patches for HD Audio (see below).
3. Install Mesa, Xorg, libva, libva-vdpau-driver, etc. using Pacman (Arch Package Manager).
4. Install mesa patches from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~deathsimple/mesa/log/.
5. Add radeon.dpm=1 radeon.audio=1 to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub and upgrade grub.
6. Add export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=vdpau and export VDPAU_DRIVER=r600 to /etc/bash.bashrc or .bashrc.
7. Edit /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf and set the correct card and device id.
8. Install xbmc-xvba (FernetMenta).

Kernel Patches (tested on 3.11.2-1-ARCH):
Fallback to ALSA allocation when selecting CA
Combined patch for ATI/AMD HDMI - alsa-development mailing list
Fix broken audio 24Hz/24p

XBMC Video

Vertical blank sync - Always enabled
Adjust display refresh rate to match video - Disabled
Sync playback to display - Disabled

XBMC Audio

HDMI
Speaker Configuration 7.1
AC3: Enabled
DTS: Enabled
LPCM: Enabled
AAC: Enabled
True-HD: Enabled
DTS-HD: Enabled
Audio Device: HD-Audio Generic, HDMI

Image Image

I will update this post once I have a chance to tweak xbmc and Arch further.
For bitstream audio to work, you need the latest patch posted yesterday on alsa-dev. Furthermore, as it currently only applies cleanly to 3.12-rcX, you will need those: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=69675#c15
(2013-10-01, 15:20)tomtomme Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 14:20)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: The catalyst package can self-generate a debian pkg by providing the switch --buildpkg and then you can convert it into rpm if you like

A non-beta bugfix-only release that makes xvba work smooth would be just right.... maybe amd will discontinue catalyst for linux, when mesa reaches opengl 4.x and Mantle releases for linux next year (speculation). It seems to me that they have more man-power on the oss-drivers right now. For catalyst-windows it may be another story.

I tested aticonfig --odgt on my HD 7950, not on my fusion system - too bad that it does not work there. did you try gkrellm or another monitoring tool?
And thanks for the hint on how to make my own rpm, but I rather wait for the makerpm-skript cause it incorporates kernel 3.11 support and usualy other good fixes.

I tried the catalyst 13.10 beta2
They actually have fixed something, as the brightness can be set now, anyhow when running xbmc I get one cpu running 100%
I then switched to the Xorg driver, and found it better as the feeling is that all videos runs smooter.
xbmc reports 45fps, whereas with catalyst it reports 46fps
I didn't test any HD video though.

I stay with Xorg now.
(2013-10-02, 09:16)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: They actually have fixed something, as the brightness can be set now, anyhow when running xbmc I get one cpu running 100%
I then switched to the Xorg driver, and found it better as the feeling is that all videos runs smooter.
xbmc reports 45fps, whereas with catalyst it reports 46fps
I didn't test any HD video though.

I stay with Xorg now.

So - the 100% cpu usage with catalyst is still there ...
(2013-10-02, 00:15)ursli Wrote: I'm getting small irregular stutters with latest xvba testing on livetv, wasn't the case in earlier versions before the vdpau related commits. (at least I think thats what it is, there was a commit message about long decodings and thats exactly what I get when it stutters.) I'm back on earlier xvba-testing now just to make sure it's not my dvb signal that got worse or something.

XBMC (13.0-ALPHA8 Git:e461185)
Linux (Ubuntu quantal (12.10), 3.5.0-39-generic i686)
Nvidia ION

debug log of two stutters: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=64825

please open this issue on my github repo if issue still exists with my current master of today.
please do not truncate logs.
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23