[RELEASE] MMA Browser
I made some wide banners for the MMA organizations:

UFC
Pride
Strikeforce
WEC
Bellator
Dream

Available here: MMA Banners as a gallery. or here in a zip format: MMA Banners ZIP FILE

more to come, all named as requested: Orgname-banner.jpg

Cheers,
Abe
Awesome, cheers, they've been uploaded to the server and i'll add support for banners to the script tomorrow Smile

One thing though for any future artwork, I found a bug in the script and can you now name any artwork as Orgname-banner.jpg but without any spaces

e.g. WorldExtremeCagefighting-poster.jpg

You can see the list of what I currently have here
I have all the sherdogEventID's in every folder for all my UFC - 1 - 140. Took a while but finished loading them all into the DB - They are all listed with the backgrounds for Organization working but none of the event artwork is showing, posters or fanart. I have lots of posters and fanart named ID-fanart.jpg and ID-poster.jpg only the organization and fighter images are showing.

I had to create an events folder in the directory: userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser

the only folders in that directory were:

fighters
promotions
thumbs

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Abe
Abe420 Wrote:I have lots of posters and fanart named ID-fanart.jpg and ID-poster.jpg only the organization and fighter images are showing.

I had to create an events folder in the directory: userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser

the only folders in that directory were:

fighters
promotions
thumbs

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Abe

Sorry, the artwork stuff has been moving around a lot and I haven't been very clear about their locations, I'll add a note to the OP.

At the moment all event artwork is loaded from 'thumbs' in the profile dir, but I agree, events makes more sense. I'll fix it soon, but if you drop your event art in 'thumbs' it should work for now.
Also if anyone has any requests for filtering/searching options or improvements you'd like to see then let me know and I'll see what I can do.
I have been unable to get this to scan everything, All that appears in my log is this
Code:
08:19:44 T:6760 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
08:19:55 T:3288  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:19:57 T:8656  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:20:00 T:8324  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:21:32 T:5972 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
08:21:38 T:7284  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:21:41 T:8612  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

I have tried setting up my library like this
C:\Users\k1m05\MMA\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida.mp4 with 17274 blank file (think i read to do this)
and like
C:\Users\k1m05\MMA\UFC\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida\C:\Users\Bobby\MMA\UFC\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida.mp4 with 17274 blank file
Also like
C:\Users\k1m05\MMA\UFC\17274\17274.mp4 with 17274 blank file

I was using latest nightly then I went to an slightly older nightly to see if there happened to be a flaw in the one I had. Would love to get this working.

Also do you think it could support .strm files I have a collection of ufc for icelibrary in strm
example:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.icelibrary/?href=/ip.php%3Fv%3D145951%26&mode=10&name=WWE%20Survivor%20Series%20%282011%29
k1m0s Wrote:I have been unable to get this to scan everything, All that appears in my log is this
Code:
08:19:44 T:6760 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
08:19:55 T:3288  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:19:57 T:8656  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:20:00 T:8324  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:21:32 T:5972 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
08:21:38 T:7284  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:21:41 T:8612  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

I have tried setting up my library like this
C:\Users\k1m05\MMA\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida.mp4 with 17274 blank file (think i read to do this)
and like
C:\Users\k1m05\MMA\UFC\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida\C:\Users\Bobby\MMA\UFC\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida.mp4 with 17274 blank file
Also like
C:\Users\k1m05\MMA\UFC\17274\17274.mp4 with 17274 blank file

I was using latest nightly then I went to an slightly older nightly to see if there happened to be a flaw in the one I had. Would love to get this working.

Also do you think it could support .strm files I have a collection of ufc for icelibrary in strm
example:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.icelibrary/?href=/ip.php%3Fv%3D145951%26&mode=10&name=WWE%20Survivor%20Series%20%282011%29

The way you need to set up your library is like follows:

C:\Users\k1m05\MMA\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida.mp4 << (your video as normal, no need to rename)
C:\Users\k1m05\MMA\UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida\sherdogEventID << (this file should contain one line only, the ID of the event from sherdog.com)

Then just set the path to your MMA library as:

C:\Users\k1m05\MMA

If you need any more clarification please ask.
still think .nfo as extension would be more clear to users Wink
Maybe add something like <id>140</id> inside the file.
Did you get the different views working?
You just have to deside if you want movie views or tvshows.
Think tv would fit best because of the multi layer content (show,season,episode)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Fixed, the script should now pick up the event ID file if it is named 'sherdogEventID.nfo', you just need to post the ID in it, like you would with 'sherdogEventID'.

Haven't had a chance to try the views yet, lay down on the sofa to watch last night's Hell on Wheels about 10am this morning and just woke up, nice busy day off Wink
paddycarey Wrote:just woke up, nice busy day off Wink

Yes, those are the proper working days Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I put together a screenshot / mockup that I would like to see for the details / show information screen.

The sample event I used was: UFC 136 FRANKIE EDGAR vs MAYNARD III

You can see further details for:

Title:
Date:
Location / Venue:
Fight Card:

Here is a link to the mockup I made. MMA browser event details *concept

Really the only information that's important is the fight-card.

Not sure if you have all this information scrapped from sherdog or not, but it would be nice to have it all on one screen *without the winners noted please Smile this might not even be possible, just an idea.

paddycarey I sent you a PM, let me know if you didn't get it.

Cheers,
Abe
I have the date and fight card but not the description, we would probably need to collect those from wikipedia or something and store them along with the artwork.

I also just added search functionality to the plugin, you can search on pretty much any info (event name, date, venue, country, promotion, fighter name, nickname, camp, dob, city, country) and it'll return event or fighter results Smile
cool, looks like this is coming along very nicely!

I can work on collecting posters and fanart. The description doesn't mean much anyways, all you need is the fight-card.

Cheers,
Abe
Abe420 Wrote:I can work on collecting posters and fanart.

I have the fight cards scraped from sherdog, it's just the description i need to get from elsewhere.

Maybe we should name them ID-description.txt? any objections?
Hey, this looks excellent I cant wait to try it out.

I was wondering have you considered adding the ability to get the sherdog id automatically?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MMA Browser2